Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #21
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
did you hit that f'd up piece of concrete where 59 northbound and 45 meet?
yah!!! that the is that ??? i got like a foot of air!!!! i don't know how i rolled out of it.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
blew the motor @ msrh bburns4667 Super Motards 17 01-06-2013 10:24 PM
Old man blew his motor.... Ulric Off Topic 9 05-22-2010 03:13 PM
dang, it blew up!! 1sickGixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 10-30-2009 09:03 AM
Blew a tire boss-hog General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-01-2008 12:14 AM
SO I BLEW UP MY R1 LAST NIGHT DrunkMagnet Off Topic 56 02-28-2007 07:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #22
zero_cool

Member Garage

i got my motor off last night and from what i can tell its not a broke rod. looked down the sparkplug holes and the pistons were all moving when i turned the motor. im going to do a compression test in a minute to see if it may have jumped time of something and the valves are bottoming out in the pistons. its wierd though, sounded just like a busted rod. anyone have a clue as to what else could making that sound?? im stumped.:BangHead:
Old 11-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #23
gixr101

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
04 gsxr 1000, 05gsxr 1000,07 gsxr750

is there any way you could sue the city although I doubt they would accept responsibility or pay it. sorry muthaf**ckers this city has got to be the worst for road qaulity.
gixr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #24
andrave

you can file a claim with TX dot they will probably pay you something, eventually. They bought one of my friends new 18's when a concrete lip in a construction site wasn't marked and he bent all 4 wheels at 70 mph, and they paid my brother for a dent in his hood from a giant piece of salt that a salt spreading truck threw and his his mustang.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:39 AM   #25
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
you can file a claim with TX dot they will probably pay you something, eventually. They bought one of my friends new 18's when a concrete lip in a construction site wasn't marked and he bent all 4 wheels at 70 mph, and they paid my brother for a dent in his hood from a giant piece of salt that a salt spreading truck threw and his his mustang.
a contruction sign fell in the middle of the road and i hit on my bike in the first month i had it. It cracked the lower cowling and i filed a claim with DOT and they sent me a check for $50.00 a month or so later
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:17 AM   #26
andrave

word... like I said it may not be much and it may take a while but I haven't heard of them turning anyone down they dont' seem to do much of an investigation. but then again everyone I know that tried was legit.

I think it pays to carry a camera so you can snap pics of whatever causes the damage.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:29 AM   #27
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
I work for TxDOT. If the construction is on a state road/hwy and is being done by a private contractor like most of I-10 and 610 then the best thing to do is contact both DOT and the contractor. In those situations the contractor is responsible for barricades/signs, contruction vehicles, constructin vehicles tracking materials(concrete, mud, whatever) onto roads. Contractors can be a pain to deal with as they are in business to make money not lose it. As far as crappy road surface, it's the DOT's responsibility to inspect the contractors work to see that the ride quality and durability are acceptable. If the surface is new and constructed poorly then the DOT either has the contractor repair it or take a little off the price of the work. If the road is old you're probably out of luck unless it's really bad. If it's not state property then you'd have to deal with city or county. Oh, I pretty sure all FM roads are state owned too.

Advice: Be VERY CAUTIOUS when going through construction areas!

Please do not pm or e-mail me about potholes or any other road problems as I do not take care of that stuff. mmkay thanks
SVmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:56 AM   #28
ufo34
Carlos V

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

If Patrick can't find you a motor i have one sitting in my garage.
ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:58 AM   #29
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo34
If Patrick can't find you a motor i have one sitting in my garage.
:angry1:

j/k mang... :icon_bigg

hey - when can i swing by this wknd?
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #30
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixr101
is there any way you could sue the city although I doubt they would accept responsibility or pay it. sorry muthaf**ckers this city has got to be the worst for road qaulity.
I called the DOT maintenance dept. for Houston last friday and spoke to a guy about the stuff in the road. he said that noone else had reported it yet but i don't know if i believe that b.s.. he did actually seem pretty concerned about it once told him how close i came to being killed. i told him my bike was totaled and i was looking to get some compensation and he gave me his bosses number to call monday and file a claim. me and a friend are going back out there today to snap some pics to give to my lawyer but hopefully it doesn't go that far. seriously though, i pay taxes(and tickets) that are supposed to pay for maintenance on roads to prevent like this from happening. its bad enough i almost got my got killed but i'll be damned if i'm going to pay to fix my bike.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:21 AM   #31
andrave

someone snap some pictures of it...
Old 11-12-2006, 03:43 AM   #32
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
someone snap some pictures of it...
we're going to take some pictures of it tomorrow. we'll post um' up. watch that on highway 59 though kids.

Advertisement