MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #41
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorin70 View Post
For everyone that doesn't ride with their cell phone on their person you may one day feel differently if you crash and can't get to your bike to retrieve it or find where your cell phone flew to. If it is on your person you will be able to call for help if necessary.
This is a good idea.
I had a friend that went to Sturgis this year. He went for an afternoon ride in the "Hills", alone. He came around a curve and there was a deer standing in the road.
When he swerved, he lost control and crashed, out of sight of the road. He layed there, in and out of conciousness the rest of that day and all night. The next morning he was able to crawl back to the side of the road and was found. He was life flighted and put in ICU for a couple days with some broken ribs, collapsed lung, lacerated spleen, trashed shoulder and minor head injuries. After a few more days he was released and sent to stay with his parents who live a couple hours away.
We all held our breaths for a few days but then he was alright. For several days his recovery was going well then one evening while watching TV he suddenly stood up and said, "I think we need to call an ambulance".
Then he collapsed and died. We never heard the final story but all suppose it was a stroke or heart attack caused by a blood clot.

The moral of the story is, if he had his cell phone maybe he could have gotten medical attention sooner. Nobody knows if it would have helped in the end, but it sure couldn't have hurt.
We have this technology, keep it handy.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote