Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

View Poll Results: Interested
Yes 16 45.71%
No 9 25.71%
Maybe 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Colonel
Big Blu

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

HO-DA-SA gumball

Gauging interest in a first ever for us riders here in Houston
Well it seems after many beers, grey gooses, and rum and cokes that Nick, Daniel, lil' Blue and I come up with bright ideas. Our last bright idea was to do the Hooters passport. Get 20 stamps from Houston and Dallas and you get a wing party (200 wings for free)!

So we headed out and we did it, we reached our goal of hitting all 20 hooters and viola we now have over 800 wings (parties to be announced soon). Even though so many haters said it couldn't be done and we wouldn't be able to pull it off...

In the midst of traveling from Houston to Dallas, we came up with another bright idea. This one to will be laughed at and probably stated it can't be done, but if anyone can pull it off its us!

Mind you this is just a post to see if anyone is interested! There are no dates yet and we don't have all the details. Its a work in progress! What we do have, I will explain. But first the idea!

HO-DA-SA (who-duh-saw) the first ever Houston tri-city gumball tour!

A 1 day, winners take all, to the wall, 3 city tour where first to cross the finish line with all requirements wins! The prize....Wait for it....its gonna be big....its huge baby.... $10,000

7-9 hours of a grueling no rules tour..why tour? cause touring is legal, racing isn't! This isn't a race, we don't tell you to speed, we don't tell you to break the law, we don't tell you anything except the following:
  • 3 man team, all 3 riders of a given team must cross the finish line before being declared the winner
  • 3 check points, all riders must reach them in order, if 1 point is missed you're disqualified
  • Anything goes on refueling, direction taken, or repairing. 1 bike paired with 1 rider (or 2 up lol)
  • First team to cross the finish line wins the prize...$10,000.00!!!!

The ride will be in the cooler months and as soon as we gain enough interest. There is a $400 fee to ride in this tour de force! You can have your $400 sponsored by anyone, any company!

As long as you come up with the team money $1200 and sign the waiver releasing us from any liabilities, you are registered to win $10,000, that's $3,333.33 per rider!

So have a bake sale, do a car wash, bikini bike wash, or stand on the corner and ask for change, cause your gonna wanna be a part of this one!

Roughly 7 hours without hiccups, Ho (Houston) DA (Dallas) SA (San Antonio) and back to Houston. 1 day event you pick your support team, where you want to fuel etc. We pick the check points and you get stamped!

We will have t-shirts made for the event and the winning team gets their very own t-shirt proclaiming their success. A trophy with your names will be made and used for every year from here on out. Its your job to keep your title and trophy from the wolves!

This tour will be open to any rider from any affiliation an any team can be sponsored by their given community. All registrations will be taken through me.

So tell us if you are interested, maybe, or not at all, so we can figure out how soon and when to get rollin! No dates will be discussed, only riders entered into the tour will know dates before the announcement. We have to keep our friends in uniform out of our way tee hee hee!

Last edited by Colonel; 10-08-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gumball run MH style tonyt915 Off Topic 74 07-17-2009 09:16 AM
Which Ho? Dat Ho... Ulric Off Topic 7 02-15-2008 11:56 AM
NO MORE HO HO HO???? WTF???? FastLine Off Topic 28 11-17-2007 08:58 AM
2006 gumball 300 RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 10-08-2006 07:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

if a mod could add a poll for me I would appreciate it...

Interested?
Yes
No
Maybe
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Malena

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
gxsr 1000

U crazy !!!! So loving this....
Malena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Well it seems after many beers, grey gooses, and rum and cokes that Nick, Daniel, lil' Blue and I come up with bright ideas. Our last bright idea was to do the Hooters passport. Get 20 stamps from Houston and Dallas and you get a wing party (200 wings for free)!

So we headed out and we did it, we reached our goal of hitting all 20 hooters and viola we now have over 800 wings (parties to be announced soon). Even though so many haters said it couldn't be done and we wouldn't be able to pull it off...

In the midst of traveling from Houston to Dallas, we came up with another bright idea. This one to will be laughed at and probably stated it can't be done, but if anyone can pull it off its us!

Mind you this is just a post to see if anyone is interested! There are no dates yet and we don't have all the details. Its a work in progress! What we do have, I will explain. But first the idea!

A 1 day, winners take all, to the wall, 3 city tour where first to cross the finish line with all requirements wins! The prize....Wait for it....its gonna be big....its huge baby.... $10,000

7-9 hours of a grueling no rules tour..why tour? cause touring is legal, racing isn't! This isn't a race, we don't tell you to speed, we don't tell you to break the law, we don't tell you anything except the following:
  • 3 man team, all 3 riders of a given team must cross the finish line before being declared the winner
  • 3 check points, all riders must reach them in order, if 1 point is missed you're disqualified
  • Anything goes on refueling, direction taken, or repairing. 1 bike paired with 1 rider (or 2 up lol)

The ride will be in the cooler months and as soon as we gain enough interest. There is a $400 fee to ride in this tour de force! You can have your $400 sponsored by anyone, any company!

As long as you come up with the team money $1200 and sign the waiver releasing us from any liabilities, you are registered to win $10,000, that's $3,333.33 per rider!

So have a bake sale, do a car wash, bikini bike wash, or stand on the corner and ask for change, cause your gonna wanna be a part of this one!

Roughly 7 hours without hiccups, Ho (Houston) DA (Dallas) SA (San Antonio) and back to Houston. 1 day event you pick your support team, where you want to fuel etc. We pick the check points and you get stamped!

We will have t-shirts made for the event and the winning team gets their very own t-shirt proclaiming their success. A trophy with your names will be made and used for every year from here on out. Its your job to keep your title and trophy from the wolves!

This race will be open to any rider from any affiliation an any team can be sponsored by their given community. All registrations will be taken through me.

So tell us if you are interested, maybe, or not at all, so we can figure out how soon and when to get rollin! No dates will be discussed, only riders entered into the race will know dates before the announcement. We have to keep our friends in uniform out of our way tee hee hee!
may want to change that?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Should just call it a challenge.
cuong-nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

yes. challenge! But given the lack of responses, I'd say this isn't the place for this type of challenge. I thought with over 12,000 members there would be a huge response seeing everyone thinks they can ride!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Hit all 3 cities in 7 hours? Thats outrageous! 715 miles or so? man, sounds like jail.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

Quote:
yes. challenge! But given the lack of responses, I'd say this isn't the place for this type of challenge. I thought with over 12,000 members there would be a huge response seeing everyone thinks they can ride!
Most people wanna ride, not get thrown in jail or killed. Just cause you can ride fast doesn't mean you are a skilled rider. This kind of challenge sounds full of squid. Leave cannon ball runs to fast cagers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintx88 View Post
Most people wanna ride, not get thrown in jail or killed. Just cause you can ride fast doesn't mean you are a skilled rider. This kind of challenge sounds full of squid. Leave cannon ball runs to fast cagers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
yeah, sorry Colonel but this one smacks of "610 in 10" lunacy (and likely impossibility).

Old 10-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
SilentBob

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR 600 F4i
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600

If cops didn't exist during these 7 hours, I would totally be down....but seeing as that will NEVER happen, I dont see anyone successfully completing this without getting busted
Old 10-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Does the team that comes in first without breaking any laws get T-shirts as well?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
2_slow_5.0

Anyone have access to 3-4 Black Escalade's, 2 Black Lincoln town cars and a cargo van?? Everyone in black suits, sun glasses and flashing lights we could pull it off. Bikes go in the van. LOL

Serious I would like to do it but think you should break it into 2 days. Houston to Dallas then Austin day one, second day Austin to maybe San Marcus then end it in Houston.
2_slow_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #13
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

lol perro
Old 10-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_slow_5.0 View Post
Anyone have access to 3-4 Black Escalade's, 2 Black Lincoln town cars and a cargo van?? Everyone in black suits, sun glasses and flashing lights we could pull it off. Bikes go in the van. LOL

Serious I would like to do it but think you should break it into 2 days. Houston to Dallas then Austin day one, second day Austin to maybe San Marcus then end it in Houston.

Austin to San Marcos is only 30 miles.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #15
2_slow_5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Austin to San Marcos is only 30 miles.
Well then no one should really have a problem on that leg of the trip. LOL

Austin to SA? Hey this isnt my thread I was just throwing my opinion out there.
2_slow_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #16
SilentBob

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR 600 F4i
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
lol perro
Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #17
imma_stocker
cager

Feedback Rating: (6)

These kinds of 'cruises' have two main problems once the planning is done.
1. uniformed regulators
2. non-uniformed regulators calling in uniformed regulators
Old 10-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #18
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

nice idea... i think.. some of you are missing the point...
yes its a touring event..... with a prize at the end he didnt say do it in 7 hours he didnt say do it in a day.. he said the first team with all 3 members across wins.. now if people want to speed and crash or go to jail thats up to them / or if they want to go 10 over thats also up to them... just dont complain if you do it in 15 hours and loose to a team that did it in 8 because they were "speeding" its completely up to you how you take this on. im not a fan of breaking the laws but for 10K i might go a tad bit over the speed limit... just my 2cents
Old 10-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #19
Lucar

Member Garage

it's not 10 g's... it's actually $3,333.33 .... this is what "each" rider gets... now, if it was 10 g's a pop... that would even got me interested, i'd team floyd so he could do dallas! lol
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
SilentBob

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR 600 F4i
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Quote:

This tour will be open to any rider from any affiliation an any team can be sponsored by their given community. All registrations will be taken through me.

So tell us if you are interested, maybe, or not at all, so we can figure out how soon and when to get rollin! No dates will be discussed, only riders entered into the tour will know dates before the announcement. We have to keep our friends in uniform out of our way tee hee hee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
nice idea... i think.. some of you are missing the point...
yes its a touring event..... with a prize at the end he didnt say do it in 7 hours he didnt say do it in a day.. he said the first team with all 3 members across wins.. now if people want to speed and crash or go to jail thats up to them / or if they want to go 10 over thats also up to them... just dont complain if you do it in 15 hours and loose to a team that did it in 8 because they were "speeding" its completely up to you how you take this on. im not a fan of breaking the laws but for 10K i might go a tad bit over the speed limit... just my 2cents
Pretty sure it says 1 day...quite a few times actually