Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #41
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My reckless driving update cashtown Off Topic 77 07-03-2013 01:12 AM
popped for reckless driving...pls help. slowposer Off Topic 41 10-25-2011 10:53 PM
Got arrested for speading... (reckless driving) need help reubtt600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 05-30-2009 09:57 AM
Reckless driving - not what you expected Faylaricia General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-07-2006 11:39 PM
reckless driving.....dammit Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 12-05-2006 05:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #42
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"Where depends on where you lift the wheelie I think. I mean if you are out in the middle of nowhere I don't see why it should be "reckless driving". Also, what is the difference between the motorcycle being a weapon without wheeling? I mean if you lose control and hit a person they are just as hurt whether being on one wheel or two are they not?"

The vehicle is a potential weapon regardless... but like any other, there are things you 'do' and things that you don't, or shouldn't do.
Treat every gun as if it WERE loaded, regardless if you 'think' or 'know' that it is not... correlate this to actions on a 'bike'.

I'll agree... there are quite a few variables that should play into the actual charge... and it's information that I think is lacking so far from having been provided in the thread, though I may have missed it.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #43
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #44
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
quit your whining, you did the crime.........now either lawyer up or goto the pokey.

don't do the crime, if your not ready to do the time (or spend the $ to lawyer up)
lol yea wait do you work for shanendoah police dept? i have heard that line somewhere before and i was in jail for a while for it. I know a judge and lawyer will be fairly cheap because of connections i have was it dumb that i did it? yes. should that crime have that severe of a punishment? no. no we all know why there are so many people that run. The reason why i stoped was that i thought he would give me a hefty traffic ticket. Will i ever do it again if i have a bike.......try not to but i am sure one day it will happen everyone here cant tell me they never have or they simply just cant do it or been at speeds where it could be reckless. i was not whining just thinking about the crime something that you must not comprehend sorry for upseting your day with my philosophical views. other than that i dont know you so have nothing against you that is unless your one of "THEM" that would arrest someone for doing that.

also might i add that he left my cell on top of his car when we drove off together on our way to the "hotel for the talented" and now it is in seven pieces:BangHead:
SportRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #45
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Ok, I'm curious.... when & where?
Old 11-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #46
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #47
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
Or a lawyer, or a CJ major, or a law student, or a person that knows a cop, or someone who likes to ask questions, or a family member of a judge
let me clarify, you sound like you should be posting on a forum offering free legal advice rather that a motorcycle forum primarily occupied by sportbike riders.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #48
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #49
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #50
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

feelings are not hurt but i heard it enough "you did the crime" i am joking about the whole bicylce thing i am not at all but you guys need to think outside the box sometimes

just dont need anyone on here saying you shouldnt be doing a wheelie ughhh... you think
Old 11-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #51
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Pretty a few people need to say "you ****ed up deal with it" or "you did the crime now do the time" ****ed up attitudes from fello riders.

Not sure what sportrider did to you guys but I havent met a sportbike rider yet that doesnt pop wheelies now and then. He has some valid points and if he got a good lawyer those points could be argued.

I would think we would all want to listen to different point of views or arguments from others in case this ever happens to us. Then again some people only give a about things if it happens to them..

Sorry you got poped bud. Best advice I would say for any traffic ticket is to get a lawyer... Better to spend $500-$800 on a lawyer now instead of paying $1500 + in fines and probation etc...

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #52
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

i have someone already my regular is a lawyer and the other regular is a district judge
Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #53
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKingsFan
Pretty a few people need to say "you ****ed up deal with it" or "you did the crime now do the time" ****ed up attitudes from fello riders.

Not sure what sportrider did to you guys but I havent met a sportbike rider yet that doesnt pop wheelies now and then. He has some valid points and if he got a good lawyer those points could be argued.

I would think we would all want to listen to different point of views or arguments from others in case this ever happens to us. Then again some people only give a about things if it happens to them..

Sorry you got poped bud. Best advice I would say for any traffic ticket is to get a lawyer... Better to spend $500-$800 on a lawyer now instead of paying $1500 + in fines and probation etc...
+1
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #54
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #55
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

i dont want you to have sympathy for me
that would be gay

i was just explaing what happened and joking about it if it upsets you that bad dont post or read this thread

Last edited by SportRider; 11-08-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #56
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #57
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #58
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
*sighs* when you spend $1000 of dollars in tickets and im not alone in this ask some fellow MH'er's..*cough S.E.,prodigy...you'll learn till then get a good lawyer or some preparation
you think that this is my first ticket look man im not trying to you off man chill out i know the legal system very well i know what this stuff will cost but i dont think that possesion of a narcotic should be a lesser punishment thatn wheeling
Old 11-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #59
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

i think everyone that owns a bike can relate to a thread like this

once again read the whole thing if you must post i am not "" its called thinking outside the box that is what you have payed all your lawyers to do for you guys and this is why i will not be spending 1000$ of dollars
Old 11-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #60
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

a woman gets a dui and because the lawyer said was that your straight line that she walked or hers she got off with no charge

Advertisement