MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
yamaR6281
i ride really slow

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr

anyone got a good lawyer number i can contact them bout.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My reckless driving update cashtown Off Topic 77 07-03-2013 01:12 AM
popped for reckless driving...pls help. slowposer Off Topic 41 10-25-2011 10:53 PM
Got arrested for speading... (reckless driving) need help reubtt600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 05-30-2009 09:57 AM
Reckless driving - not what you expected Faylaricia General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-07-2006 11:39 PM
reckless driving.....dammit Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 12-05-2006 05:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #22
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
from what i thought, anything 25+ could lead to arrest? no?
I was under the impression that you could not be arrested for speeding. That actually, if you were going fast enough for an officer to want to arrest you, that you would be committing a second offense, ie, wreckless driving/endangerment. I was pulled over by DPS for 107 in a 65 and he told me that I couldn't be arrested for that speed alone. (don't ask LessthanCoop what he's been pulled for.)
I was also briefly detained on my bike while under suspicion of armed robbery (tackled at gunpoint) while the deputies tried to figure out if it was really me. (wasn't) After I was let go, the cop asked if I knew I was speeding and I said yeah, I thought I was being arrested for wreckless driving. He said that they wouldn't charge me with that because it is a serious offense and they reserve it for serious offenders. I've always thought it was pretty funny that you can go to jail for a 30 mph tail scraper but not 100 in a 55.
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #23
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown
I was under the impression that you could not be arrested for speeding.
You are correct. Anyone that got arrested, it was for another charge such as wreckless endangerment, etc.
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #24
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

I've been convicted 3 or 4 times for wreckless driving. It's a serious offence. Depends on the judge. Better get a good attorney. When I was in my early 20's I was sentenced to 16 days in jail for it.
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #25
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
Reckless Driving, wheewwww a doozy. Yes you can be arrested for speeding(if you refuse to sign the ticket).
Are you being arrested for speeding, or failing to pledge appearance at the court at the said date and time?
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #26
SportRider
SportRider

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Ok i want to know what are they calling reckless driving? Doing a whellie, does it matter if i was on a 250? If so would i have been arrested? ok so size of engine does not matter right? what if i were on a mountain bike on the road would i have been arrested? because state law requires bike to follow same rules as cars. Then maybe it was becasue i was on one wheel. what if i were on a unicycle, would i have been arrested? Or what if i was in a car that pulled the front wheels off the ground does this not count because there are to wheels still on the ground? this is known as exhibition of exceleration which is just a traffic ticket. i think i will tell the cop to go to this neighborhood where i know there has been recent reckless driving by 8 year olds on thier bmx bikes in this neghborhood.
SportRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #27
tcmatt

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. STUNTER
i got arrested for doing a wheelie on 146 in kemah...i was charged with wreckless endangerment, he lied also...he said i stood on my seat and was doing an excess speed of over 100 mph! BS!! i was doing a staggered wheelie and was probly more about 50 mph, at the time my bike was geared -1 +7 so it would BARELY do 110 and that was topped out so theres NO WAY i couldve been goin that fast.....anyways class b had togo to gtown county
kemah blows!!! i dont ever drive down that part of 146....i've been jacked with to many times by the cops in that area.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:39 AM   #28
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

i got hit in my race truck about 4 years ago, 111 in a 55, they took my truck and took me to jail, my lawyer got it dropped to unsafe speed, outcome...
1 night in jail,
$155 to the impound lot
$165 fine
$350 to the lawyer

i am going to court tomorrow for 5 tickets....
95 in a 65
no motocycle lic.
unsafe lane change
no red reflector on rear of motorcycle (TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!)
no inspection sticker(on a bike that is 5 months old, it was improperly located)

wish me luck, i will let you know how that goes
Old 11-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #29
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova
It was in my cage though.
woah, wait...you whoolied your cage? :confused1

PROPS! :laughing6
Old 11-08-2006, 02:13 AM   #30
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet
Speeding...Technically when you get pulled over you are in a "custodial arrest" type of situation and the signature is your field release. The officer will take you before the magistrate right there.
you sound like a cop
Old 11-08-2006, 03:28 AM   #31
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:29 AM   #32
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 03:54 AM   #33
tcmatt

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
you can say "we've been jacked with to many times by the cops in that area "
LOL
Old 11-08-2006, 04:19 AM   #34
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 07:28 AM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportRider
Ok i want to know what are they calling reckless driving? Doing a whellie, does it matter if i was on a 250? If so would i have been arrested? ok so size of engine does not matter right? what if i were on a mountain bike on the road would i have been arrested? because state law requires bike to follow same rules as cars. Then maybe it was becasue i was on one wheel. what if i were on a unicycle, would i have been arrested? Or what if i was in a car that pulled the front wheels off the ground does this not count because there are to wheels still on the ground? this is known as exhibition of exceleration which is just a traffic ticket. i think i will tell the cop to go to this neighborhood where i know there has been recent reckless driving by 8 year olds on thier bmx bikes in this neghborhood.
quit your whining, you did the crime.........now either lawyer up or goto the pokey.

don't do the crime, if your not ready to do the time (or spend the $ to lawyer up)
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #36
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #37
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportRider
I think this is a good post. It should be exibition of exceration instead of reckless. I mean because it is not wreckless it is a skill.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #38
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Bottom line is, you have been charged with it, get a lawyer, don't risk it if you don't want to spend time in jail.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #39
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"I think this is a good post. It should be exibition of exceration instead of reckless. I mean because it is not wreckless it is a skill."

I don't know... it comes across (to me) as a Rant with a large number of assumptions.

I can't see a LEO giving an 'exhibition of speed/acceleration' to a car that lifted the front wheels off the ground and went down a public road that way.
I'd imagine they would get a reckless charge also.
The...rant also ignores some 'minor' differences in regards to the potential hazards of such action on a motorized vehicle weighing several hundered pounds vs that of a 'bicycle'.

Simply put, A car or a motorcyle is not a toy. It's a vehicle, a tool that can easily become a deadly weapon.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #40
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
"I think this is a good post. It should be exibition of exceration instead of reckless. I mean because it is not wreckless it is a skill."

I don't know... it comes across (to me) as a Rant with a large number of assumptions.

I can't see a LEO giving an 'exhibition of speed/acceleration' to a car that lifted the front wheels off the ground and went down a public road that way.
I'd imagine they would get a reckless charge also.
The...rant also ignores some 'minor' differences in regards to the potential hazards of such action on a motorized vehicle weighing several hundered pounds vs that of a 'bicycle'.

Simply put, A car or a motorcyle is not a toy. It's a vehicle, a tool that can easily become a deadly weapon.
Where depends on where you lift the wheelie I think. I mean if you are out in the middle of nowhere I don't see why it should be "reckless driving". Also, what is the difference between the motorcycle being a weapon without wheeling? I mean if you lose control and hit a person they are just as hurt whether being on one wheel or two are they not?
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement