MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #21
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
whats up Brandon you goin to the banquet this weekend
Romeo36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this a re-post? "Fastest" MotoGP full length documentary sequel to "Faster". eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-27-2011 10:23 AM
Good Bye "Habeas Corpus", Hello "Enemy Belligerent Act of 2010" CaJuNsOuLjA The Circus 70 03-12-2010 03:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2006, 12:24 AM   #22
Pabst214

Feedback Rating: (0)

well hellz yeah i'm going. only this year due to unfortunate events throughout the season....(broken clavacle twice in nice weeks) i will only be attending for the free beer and food. not to pick up any hardware. i'll see ya there.
Pabst214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #23
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpronov214
holy smokes....!!!! bubba (romeo36) got one right. actually he is dead on. now, i'm no back it in expert myself like haner or a few others, but i have been know to throw it in sideways a few times here or there. i can promise you that in NO way what so ever do you need to apply rear brake to back a motorcycle in. it can and will help you exagerate your slide if you know what the you are doing, but if not then you are prolly going to end up putting yourself on your head. the whole process is done with applying the front brake and slipping the clutch with your fingers. if you ever watch a video clip of the motogp guys or are fast enough to catch a glimps of some of the ama guys as they go into a corner, you'll notice that they never really just dump the clutch, they feather it. this allows them the control of how much engine braking they want. this way they can come into a corner and not just bang the bike off of the rev limiter after 2 downshifts into a corner, helps big time with keeping the bike geometry solid on corner entry. IMO. like i said i'm no pro, but this is where i have figured out it helps me. ohh yeah bubs. those sv's are fun little bikes. :icon_bigg

later dudes
omg, its Spradling!:icon_bigg
good to c u on here again brandon, but I am missin one thing. if u just let the clutch out like the usual way, how do u initiate the slide. or by 'not dumping', di u just mean controlled ?(of some sort that i hv no clue of:icon_bigg )

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #24
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

What he means is instead of fully releasing the clutch you feather it to inhibit wheel spin.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:54 PM   #25
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

kalkat i had the same prob months back, i dont know if its just me but i think the 600's r easier to back in? i spend the last 5 months riding everyday doing nothing but working at getting the bike loose at every light and turn. heres what i gathered so far, you are pretty much using every single control on your bike at the same time, weird huh? ok try this tomorrow, get up to about mid range in 3rd gear, when you approach the light, come down hard on the gears, go to first, apply rear brake but only lets sayyyyy 40% rear brake, <----becareful with that because thats what will get the bike to slide rather then hop. 2 fingers on the clutch to pull it in incase your slide gets out of control, 2 fingers on the front brake to keep the of the bike light so you can move it out. and i dont know bout you guys but i dont ease off the clutch, dump it but be ready for it. last, STAY ON YOUR REAR brake, dont get off it until the motor is ready to match speeds otherwise it might buck you off, you can let off a little or apply more brake which in turn brings your slide out more, its fuking addicting and once you get the hang of it man youll be doing everywhere. im no pro at this yet, i still have a little trouble estimating my slide time but surely practice with this is sure to do wonders to the lap times. ill be practicing this at the next trackday i go to so its bound to make good footage stay safe tell us if you got down tomorrow:icon_smil
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:19 AM   #26
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
kalkat i had the same prob months back, i dont know if its just me but i think the 600's r easier to back in? i spend the last 5 months riding everyday doing nothing but working at getting the bike loose at every light and turn. heres what i gathered so far, you are pretty much using every single control on your bike at the same time, weird huh? ok try this tomorrow, get up to about mid range in 3rd gear, when you approach the light, come down hard on the gears, go to first, apply rear brake but only lets sayyyyy 40% rear brake, <----becareful with that because thats what will get the bike to slide rather then hop. 2 fingers on the clutch to pull it in incase your slide gets out of control, 2 fingers on the front brake to keep the of the bike light so you can move it out. and i dont know bout you guys but i dont ease off the clutch, dump it but be ready for it. last, STAY ON YOUR REAR brake, dont get off it until the motor is ready to match speeds otherwise it might buck you off, you can let off a little or apply more brake which in turn brings your slide out more, its fuking addicting and once you get the hang of it man youll be doing everywhere. im no pro at this yet, i still have a little trouble estimating my slide time but surely practice with this is sure to do wonders to the lap times. ill be practicing this at the next trackday i go to so its bound to make good footage stay safe tell us if you got down tomorrow:icon_smil
if you want to wreck listen to this. I did this same thing while making a turn on 1960 like three years ago which was on my last street ride before i went track only. got owned in front of bank of america in atascocita. broken shift liver and had to ride home in 2nd.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown

Last edited by paniro187; 11-10-2006 at 06:22 AM.
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #27
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
if you want to wreck listen to this.
+ eleventy billion

track > street
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #28
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #29
Gabe

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
z50, ZX6R, Bianchi

I backed it in once...it wasnt pretty.
-Gabe
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #30
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I like when she backs it in too... I mean... What is this thread about? :laughing6

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement