MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
anyone have experience with the shop named MGMR on hwy6?

I just wanted to go ahead and see if anyone knows about them. I like them, really nice guys, they remember me each time I go in (its only been like 3 times if that)
Its owned by a father and son, they somewhat at hwy6 and briar forest, going down hwy6 towards I10.
Ive still had a few discussions with them where they are like "huh? whats that?" so they are not TOTALLY experianced, but they do seem to know their stuff well, and are very paitent when dealing with you and fixing stuff.

I still like Motorcycles Unlimited more because they are just so mixed in with the community that i feel more comfortable with them, but just curious about this other shop, if for whatever reason, me, or someone else needs to go there, and plus lets face it, not everyone lives next to Motorcycles Unlimited. MGMR is actually just down the street from me.

Last edited by scrapp; 11-06-2006 at 09:33 PM.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
laser quest, hwy6 and westy RACER X Off Topic 15 07-28-2012 12:11 PM
Rocks on the road @HWY6 and I-10 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 04-11-2012 05:56 PM
Has anyone been to the track by 288 & Hwy6 m27 Taking it to the Track 22 05-09-2007 04:51 PM
SCAMMER ALERT!!!!!!!!! MGMR MOTORCYCLES SecretAgent General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 01-21-2007 07:48 PM
MGMR motorsports bikerboyz General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 12-07-2006 02:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
stlal
Superman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior

Send a message via MSN to stlal
I understand..I like going to Motorcycles Unlimited but its a 80 mile round trip for me
Old 11-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
experience
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
bikerboyz

ya MGMR they are really coo people and up forward about everything there mechanic is real good over there there not like eximport or stubbs were they charge you for even talking to them :laughing6
bikerboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboyz
ya MGMR they are really coo people and up forward about everything there mechanic is real good over there there not like eximport or stubbs were they charge you for even talking to them :laughing6
Hahah, yeah no s***, like Carlos????????
Old 11-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

i went in one time about a week ago. 2 guys were behind the counter and i was the only customer in the store. i was looking at some bikes they had inside and they didnt even say one word to me. i guess they didnt think i was serious about buying a bike so em! if you're in that same area i recommend patrick and van over at precision cycles. one block off of hwy 6 and westheimer. cool guys. always willing to help even if they're not making any money off of you

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasee69
i went in one time about a week ago. 2 guys were behind the counter and i was the only customer in the store. i was looking at some bikes they had inside and they didnt even say one word to me. i guess they didnt think i was serious about buying a bike so em! if you're in that same area i recommend patrick and van over at precision cycles. one block off of hwy 6 and westheimer. cool guys. always willing to help even if they're not making any money off of you
eximport or MGMR?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #8
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
MGMR

Ive delt with presision a few times, Nice guys, havent dealt with they too much to get an opinion, but ive been there more then once with friends or by myself, seem nice too, reasonably priced labor (cheap oilchanges) but good , someone teach them how to change oil! I got home and had the spilled all over my fairings. I was almost worried something exploded, but they bike is running good so far...
Also, they seem to have alot of the starbucks poser crowd as customers from what ive seen when been in there, but hey, its easy money off the suckers!

Last edited by scrapp; 11-06-2006 at 09:47 PM.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #9
Longnguyen

i think it doesnt matter what shop you go to.......no shop can EVER get 100% ratings.... just dont pick the one that sux0rs the most.
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #10
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
eximport or MGMR?
MGMR. i was not impressed at all. im not a fan of eximport either though

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #11
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasee69
MGMR. i was not impressed at all. im not a fan of eximport either though
yep...age has alot to do with it too. Im not sure how old you are but, for both my truck and my bike, I would go into the dealership and they would blow me off like im just some kid, with no money. I mean, im only 23 but those dealerships dont get a penny of my money.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #12
bikerboyz

:BangHead: dang it i allways tell my self dont buy shitt from the dealerships but my dumb allways forgets and i buy it anyways
bikerboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #13
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Scrapp - hopefully my write up will help you a bit.

MGMR is a great and friendly place to go and talk.

Buy bikes - Umm No, i'd never do it.

Order parts - Go for it, they'll charge nothing but MSRP, no less and no more.

Services - depending on what service, i'd do it there.

Its family owned and operated by father and son, Bob and Bobby.

As far as track stuff goes and tuning and suspension setup, they will have no clue what so ever. The dad is from the cruiser group and the son owns a yellow GSXR 1000, which he barely rides. Its stock.

The other counter guy that works there (his name i forget) but he's the one with the CBR 954rr or 929rr (the red one), he's a stunt/squid guy, he's always getting into wrecks and he's into that sort.

I'll say again, if your going there for any track stuff - go some where else. If your going there for normal stuff (riding wise) or stunt stuff go there.

Now as far as their mechanic goes, if its still the same dude that came down from Tyler, TX with his 12 inch lifted white truck - he's a cool dude. He actully worked for Kawasaki for quite some time (i mean more then 10 years), he got a divorce and now works for MGMR, he's there lead mechanic and works with Sports Bikes to Standards. He owns an old ZX11.

They also have another Mechanic who works on Harleys and Cruisers. Has no knowlegde of Sport Bikes - would'nt touch it.

Its a great place to go and talk and chill, but i would never go there for any of my track related stuff or buy a bike from them. But then again i just have a thing against buying from Stealerships - let be Stubbs or ExImport or an individual family owned place like MGMR. But that's just me!

But go to MGMR, and explain your concerns to them - they'll be more then happy to help you out.

Hope that review helps a bit.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement