Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #61
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

A few of them

I think it would work. Sounds risky I mean with liability and lawsuits etc but if you have that worked out sounds good. But the deposit sounds steep wouldn't it just be better to require a credit card deposit and only charge it if they tear it up? What would you do if someone blew up the motor seems like it would be kind of hard to make them pay up, how could you prove they were at fault and not the previous renter or you? Sounds like a money maker though once you work out the kinks. I would just have a hard time letting a kid ride off on a zx-10 even with a motorcycle endoresment, I know I am lucky to be here the way I rode when I was 18-22 or 23, I would have a hard time if a kid got killed on a bike I rented to him. Good luck.
TLLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leather rentals? paulie12 Taking it to the Track 2 10-18-2013 09:36 AM
Sportbike rentals in Houston? theManofRussia General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-18-2013 12:55 PM
Houston Sportbike Network farewell gathering - tonight @ Richmond Arms Lil Squid General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 08-21-2008 06:21 PM
Any Houston Sportbike Network members? av8_r22 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-22-2008 02:17 AM
Old 11-23-2006, 02:29 AM   #62

+1 just if the kid is under 18 just give him a scooter :laughing6
bikerboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:32 AM   #63
Driving Duh-Bus
Feedback Rating: (5)

Works in Europe...and has for years and years. Good luck. Once you get over the obvious hurdle of getting the freeloaders and cheapskates off your bikes you'll probably find a steady clientele who are travelling, visiting a friend, or without a bike but wanting to take a weekend ride. Consider offering these up to tour groups like TWTex who do weekend tours. Many of my visiting buddies would pay big bucks to rent a kewl bike and ride around H-town rather than rent / borrow a car when they visit me. Good luck.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #64
The Doctor
Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Wow- those prices are could rent many nice cars for that much dude..way too much..
A tip somebody gave me on Endurance Racing...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:13 AM   #65

I think motorcycle renters are basically two kinds of people. Locals who just want to try a different type of bike and people traveling to somewhere on vacation who want to go riding as part of their trip. As for the second group it tends to be in places that are really nice to ride, California, Colorado, Alaska, etc. I don't think many people would choose Houston as a great riding destination for sport bikes because there are so many better places to go. Cruisers on the other hand would probably like it since your can ride to Galveston or cruise out west or north. That said, I'd be in the first group especially if you had a ZX-10 and ZX-14 in the lineup. I'd easily pay to rent one of them for a day of 'try before you buy' experience. Unfortunately, I didn't get a slot to test them at the motorcycle show
ASICS 2000
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote