MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #21
level5
moving chicane
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,825












Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
someone here got busted for "stunting" while riding with one hand in houston years ago. just depends on the dous... cop...

It depends on the cops. He/she can write you a ticket for looking at them wrong.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
He tried using his hand................. Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 07-27-2012 12:01 AM
Need a hand ... CDN_bacon Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 1 02-07-2011 01:15 AM
could use a hand jrob Off Topic 8 09-21-2009 02:07 PM
This is getting a little out of hand Squoddybody Off Topic 240 07-30-2009 08:42 PM
***Sleight of Hand*** JDUB Off Topic 20 01-25-2009 03:03 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #22
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











If I'm going to get pulled over I want to get it for something worth it. This about not having insurance just so you have to jump through hoops to prove it, and going 7 over in a 45 zone is just friggin embarrassing. Can even brag to your friends. It sounds like one handed is not much to worry about.
I also swerved a manhole cover at under 30mph once and go nailed for reckless driving. I"m just tired of this petty BS just to make riding in certain areas miserable.
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #23
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
Man I miss those for texting without having to look!
My touch screen at least works through my leather gloves

BTW I used to live in Janesville. Such a lovely place LOL
you should see my rig...laptop mount on the gas tank, and handle-bar mounted mousepad next to the cruise control. its sooo much easier to get kills now in team fortress 2 on my way to work.
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #24
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











Do you have the wireless mousepad? How do you keep sparkplug noise out?
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #25
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #26
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






I ride with one hand frequently; especially when my arthritis is acting up. I wish I had CC so I could ride with no hands...

It never occurred to me that it might be against the law.

Oh well. I would just hire an attorney and have it dismissed like all the others... no ticket in 17 years and counting!
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
I ride with one hand frequently; especially when my arthritis is acting up. I wish I had CC so I could ride with no hands...

It never occurred to me that it might be against the law.

Oh well. I would just hire an attorney and have it dismissed like all the others... no ticket in 17 years and counting!
I cruised past a cop on Westheimer at 3am. I was stretching out, stnding up, no handed. He flashed his lights at me, and left me alone.
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #28
Getoutofmyway
Member
 
Getoutofmyway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Webster Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 93

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 GSXR1000 Matt Mladin
06 CBR 600RR
04 CBR 600RR Tracked Out
07 ZX6 Tracked out
73 Honda 350 My First Bike Ever






Oh well. I would just hire an attorney and have it dismissed like all the others... no ticket in 17 years and counting! [/QUOTE]

I spend about $1K a year in tickets. Did I say "spend"? I meant away!!
Getoutofmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #29
miguel!!
dont forget the streets
 
miguel!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: houston north west
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,566

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill




Member Garage





Sum times you have to toss the chicken .
__________________
miguel!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #30
MCgixxer
stunter in training
 
MCgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingwood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 235

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600
2003 GSXR 600








Send a message via AIM to MCgixxer
ive never heard of anyone getting pulled over for that, but if you ride throttle hand only and adjust your nuts with your left hand while riding through humble...well thats another story. they take "stunting" very seriously over there
MCgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #31
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes
 
ivancuriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 647

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition





80% of my riding on the freeway to work is one handed its just more comfortable. The other 20% for changing lanes and signals, i've done this for the past two years riding next to police and never had an issue. I only ride one handed when I know sudden movements won't be necessary.

Last edited by ivancuriel; 09-25-2011 at 07:33 PM.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #32
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
80% of my riding on the freeway to work is one handed its just more comfortable. The other 20% for changing lanes and signals, i've done this for the past two years riding next to police and never had an issue. I only ride one handed when I know sudden movements won't be necessary.
You kinda ride all over the friggin world, right? Ever been pulled over for something out of the U.S. ??

Or am I thinking of someone else...........?
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #33
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes
 
ivancuriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 647

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition





Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
You kinda ride all over the friggin world, right? Ever been pulled over for something out of the U.S. ??

Or am I thinking of someone else...........?
I do on occasion fly to Sweden to record viral videos of myself, my one handed antics do tend to draw police sometimes, but those are the bases of my videos, I do make quite a living selling my dvds
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #34
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YER - YER - - - - ..

YER GHOST RIDER ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #35
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes
 
ivancuriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 647

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition





Shhhh!
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy