MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #21
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
FIRM? There's no such thing as firm. Now I won't try to negotiate a price until I inspect the vehicle and ready to buy. If it's a vehicle I don't want, no since in negotiating before hand.
This! I that try to negotiate over the phone or by email. My roommate tries this approach and gets nowhere. I keep telling him that in order to get the deals he wants he needs to do so in person.... still doesn't believe me.

Honestly, I find it offensive to negotiate without having taken the time to see a bike/car/boat from individuals. From dealers go for it.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
thoughts of buying a bike that belonged to a deceased person superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 10-12-2011 02:55 PM
thoughts? BoyO General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 01-06-2011 11:17 PM
Some thoughts now that we are where we are. Mr. Unassailable The Circus 54 11-05-2008 06:14 PM
thoughts?? paniro187 The Circus 7 09-24-2008 04:03 PM
What are the thoughts..... Slingblade92 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 04-02-2006 03:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #22
Getoutofmyway

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 GSXR1000 Matt Mladin
06 CBR 600RR
04 CBR 600RR Tracked Out
07 ZX6 Tracked out
73 Honda 350 My First Bike Ever

Try being the seller.
Cash in hand is the only way you'll touch my bike. It's mine right now and it's my money invested in it right now. Never again do I want to be waiting 20 minutes for the guy to return only to drive around the block looking for him and find the bike laying on the sidewalk. I learned my lesson.

Firm? - never

NOt sure how you count in your country but ok - 4 & 5 - man if I even have a thought about something going down that needs backup people or a gun??? Where the are you tyring to buy a bike dude? Stay the outta that place.
YES - walk away if it's not what you want, looks bad or not in your range. duh
And it is a used bike, right? If you take it to anyplace to have it checked of course there is something wrong with it . . IT'S USED. If you want it, buy it and live with your choice. If you're afraid to get ripped off then get out of the used bike market, go by some weed and chill.
Getoutofmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #23
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
I can't really comment one that... What I can say, is that you did get the deal you were looking for (from what you told me). It was a better deal than most other people got from what I saw FYI. That deal was for from lucrative for me. BTW, Today you could probably sell your wing for close to 80% of what you paid for it. IDK about you but to me that's a pretty flipping sweet deal.

How is she running these days?
Don't get me wrong, I did get the deal I was looking for. It's just in this one case, price wasn't the primary objective. It was to have a Goldwing sitting in the garage sitting in the garage before the wife got home from work at a price I was comfortable with....And that objective was accomplished.

She's running great. Only thing that doesn't hold up on her are the pegs......on my third set.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:28 AM   #24
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Nice! I'm hoping get a wing or a FJ in the the near future.... Are you down for a hill country run ?
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #25
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
i can understand not wanting to bring a wad of cash...you dont want to get robbed...thats fair

but as a seller i dont want some fake forged check either....and this DOES happen.

the solution:

agree to the price and then both of you go to the buyers bank (along with the vehicle) do the transaction there, which should be plenty safe enough. it amazes me that there are such simple solutions but people are so short sighted they wont think of them or use them.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #26
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Nice! I'm hoping get a wing or a FJ in the the near future.... Are you down for a hill country run ?
straight I am. Going to be spending a week and a half over in Austin come November (with bike in tow).
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #27
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

One thing I will do and I always ask for when buying or selling is pretty straightforward.

Buyer and seller exchange cashier's check or cash. EDIT: Cashiers check gets cashed before they get the final paperwork.

Buyer has opportunity to test ride bike nearby. If the buyer doesn't like the bike for ANY reason and the bike is brought back in exact same condition, he/she can have money back and no hard feelings.

Bike is even slightly dropped, scratched, etc, then its a done deal.

Seems to work well for me and I go through bikes often.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 09-18-2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: clarification on cashiers check
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement