MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Cricket Phones?

I need to get a new cell phone this weekend as I have to be giving up my company cell phone soon as I am probably leaving my current company for a new job. Anyone have experience with these phones? Know anyone who has them? I would like to have the current # I have transferred to my new phone and not sure they give that option like the larger companies. I've used Cingular and Sprint and I don't care for them that much....Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DBuck
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cheap cricket phone? Petro Off Topic 2 01-06-2011 07:55 AM
Cricket phones JoeRocket Off Topic 5 12-28-2010 06:54 PM
Cricket sounds......quiet in here Tumper Off Topic 52 02-26-2008 10:40 PM
Cricket ArturoC Sports 2 02-04-2008 09:44 AM
this cricket rocks!!!! paniro187 Off Topic 22 05-04-2007 08:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

I have been told that they you get great service as long as you never leave houston..
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78
I have been told that they you get great service as long as you never leave houston..
+1 I have heard the same thing, never used it though so it may just be heresay.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
RRCBR

Feedback Rating: (1)

Is your company going to let you do that. That phone # is theirs along with the phone.
Ex. if someone is trying to reach you for a work realted issue and have your cell phone # the new person would have to answer it to help them. If they let you have your number you could just blow them off and the company would lose business...
RRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #5
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

actually you can go to housotn austin and sanantonio and it's not considered roaming. tha'ts all for 45 bucks a monthwich comes out to 54 with taxes you talk all you want and text and picture message all you want. tha'ts fre nationwide calling and and to canada. also for 10 more bucks a month you can roam all you want with unlimited minutes. so for like 60 something bucks a month you can talk all you want and travel all you want. people trip on the traveling but let's be honest when i travel with the family the last thing i'm looking to do is talk on the cell phone. :eh:

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #6
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

a couple of friens have cricket, they hate it, they get so many dropped calls, it's unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #7
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChickenStrips
a couple of friens have cricket, they hate it, they get so many dropped calls, it's unreal.
i know people that have it and love it no dropped calls. I'd take a dropped call any day so that i don't have to watch my minutes.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #8
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRCBR
Is your company going to let you do that. That phone # is theirs along with the phone.
Ex. if someone is trying to reach you for a work realted issue and have your cell phone # the new person would have to answer it to help them. If they let you have your number you could just blow them off and the company would lose business...
I just got done talking to the Sales Rep with my IT Manager and it's all good. I get to keep the same number, I recieve a $100 credit towards a new phone and accessories, and I recieve an 8% discount as long as I am still employed with the company (once I leave my company, I will have to pay the full price of the plan amount....that's if they do a check-up to see if I'm still employed here). Anyhow, I guess Verizon it is for a year. I've been using them with this phone I've had for 2 years and the service isn't all that bad (and the phone I currently have is probably 2 or 3 yrs old). Thanks guys for the responses. Have a great day.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #9
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Oh, and I usually only have people from within the office calling me on my cell phone. All external business affairs are dealt through my desk phone...plus, if I do use my personal phone for business....I just have to put it down on my expense report.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
Oh, and I usually only have people from within the office calling me on my cell phone. All external business affairs are dealt through my desk phone...plus, if I do use my personal phone for business....I just have to put it down on my expense report.
Great, now quit around and get back to work!!!

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Old 11-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #11
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
Great, now quit around and get back to work!!!

Okay Capt. Igetpaidlotsfordoingnottadamnthing HAHA:laughing6
Old 11-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #12
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Okay Capt. Igetpaidlotsfordoingnottadamnthing HAHA:laughing6

Old 11-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #13
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:

we NEED to go out riding....I gotta move this weekend and replace my clutch plates too...maybe next weekend?
Old 11-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #14
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
we NEED to go out riding....I gotta move this weekend and replace my clutch plates too...maybe next weekend?
I might make it next weekend, been babysitting a lot. You going to the MC show at Reliant?
Old 11-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #15
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
I might make it next weekend, been babysitting a lot. You going to the MC show at Reliant?
I saw that posted up by lil' ms. R6Milf, kinda caught my attention. I'll probably be down for going either Sat or Sun depending on my schedule (which I'll have a better handle on early next week). I'll give you a shout sometime early next week.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #16
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
I saw that posted up by lil' ms. R6Milf, kinda caught my attention. I'll probably be down for going either Sat or Sun depending on my schedule (which I'll have a better handle on early next week). I'll give you a shout sometime early next week.

If you need a hand with the clutch holler at me, you can always do it at the house.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #17
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
You didn't find a babysitter?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #18
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEric0430
You didn't find a babysitter?
With the hours everyone is working, we've just been tag teaming the kids.
And the kids have been a little shell shocked with what is going on, so it seemed like the best way to handle it right now.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #19
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChickenStrips
i heard the same thing, a lot of droped calls and no signal. i think it depends a lot on what phone you get. i had the Samsung A900 or the "Blade"(just a copy or the Razor) with Sprint and couldn't even get a signal in my own living room. i highly recomend Sprints new LG Fusic phone. its the best one i've had yet. i get great signal and haven't got a droped call yet. i get a 1000 minutes for $45 a month and have only gone over once. sprint to sprint is free and near everyone and thier dog has sprint now.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #20
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool
i heard the same thing, a lot of droped calls and no signal. i think it depends a lot on what phone you get. i had the Samsung A900 or the "Blade"(just a copy or the Razor) with Sprint and couldn't even get a signal in my own living room. i highly recomend Sprints new LG Fusic phone. its the best one i've had yet. i get great signal and haven't got a droped call yet. i get a 1000 minutes for $45 a month and have only gone over once. sprint to sprint is free and near everyone and thier dog has sprint now.

yeah i work for sprint and a few other companies and the a900 isn't a very good phone.. it has a few flaws. cricket runs on a few sprint towers.. they are cdma phones but since their network isn't all that then well u figure it out. cingular and tmobile are about the same... cricket will be bad if their network was larger. i'd say try sprint now.. if u haven't had sprint for a couple of years or so a lot has changed with the company. they are slowing buying out all the private owned towers that they run off of. i think they accomplished that already so service should be better. sprint has also changed their customer service back to the US area because it use to be 24/7 and we would get people we couldn't understand. so unless your calling to do technical help you should get someone that works in the US that can speak english clearly. PM me if i can help you out with anything. i am not tryin to sell my services but its just my .02.
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement