MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Samchesney420
Sam I Am

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2002 Yamaha Vino Classic

Member Garage

Talking Rideshare

Hello All, It's Sam I Am...I'm looking to take the basic rider class this Thursday 15th & Friday 16th @ Awesome on 13331 Kuykendahl #105.. I live in Pasadena by Southmore & Richey and I was wondering if I could get a Ride to the class both days. Class starts @ 8am and I like to be early but as long as I'm not late since I dont want to lose this hard-earned money. I have Gas $$..I can catch Metro Bus back home since class ends at 6pm..TY ...Sam I Am
Samchesney420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Peregrine

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Ninja 250r

Yeah, don't mess around with being late, they're not kidding. A guy showed up just a few minutes late on the second day at Awesome but we had already started the first exercise and they told him to go home.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
Samchesney420
Sam I Am

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2002 Yamaha Vino Classic

Member Garage

Everyone says its a good school with great instructors..It's 29.4 miles from my house there on sidestreets...I could ride my scooter but would a cop let me go if I'm on my way to or from class..I have inspection insurance 30 day temp registration and valid tx dl for automobiles
Samchesney420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
Peregrine

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samchesney420 View Post
Everyone says its a good school with great instructors..It's 29.4 miles from my house there on sidestreets...I could ride my scooter but would a cop let me go if I'm on my way to or from class..I have inspection insurance 30 day temp registration and valid tx dl for automobiles
No, you'd get a ticket, may go to jail and have your scooter impounded. You would have points put against you on your license which could cause you to lose your license if you got busted for other traffic related offenses in the future. Besides which you would miss/be late for class if pulled over in the morning so that's a double dip. It is a stupid idea to ride a scooter without a motorcycle license.

That being said, I'd do it. But I'd call them first because AC might not like someone actively braking the law to get to their class, they're pretty tight with law enforcement.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

Why would you even consider getting a class so far away? Save your time and money and go take it at hcc on the east side campus.

Advertisement