MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
therky42

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Hook up lights

Anyone know how to hook up lights? We are working on installing a Hotbodies undertail and the integrated brake light/blinkers but the new light is completley different to hook up? Do we need a connector or do we need to splice the wires? The old connectors for the brake light do not fit like we were told they would. The blinkers we were told we just hook up the positive ends to each. Any suggestions?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who Knows Honda Accords? No Dash Lights, No Running Lights - What Gives? Racer997 Car Forum 7 11-26-2011 03:16 PM
did I get a hook up or what?! haOo General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-06-2011 05:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
the turn signals will/should work no matter how you hook the wires up. They did that on my honda, should do the same for wills. But since its LEDs it will flash fast, but yall know that.
your either gonna have to splice the signal wires ( I did it on my ninja) or you can buy turn signal connectors, like what my RC51 has.

Brake lights might be the same connectors as I was telling you, or your just gonna have to splice the wires.

Do you want me to go take pics of my adaptors so you know what yall will need?
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
my ca taillight has one ground, its black. there is like a red for the dim brakelight positive, a green positive i think for bright brakelight. a yellow positive for left and right blinker. they all use the same ground. i dunno if yours is the same though.

if your going to splice, do it the RIGHT way. use some premade connectors that you solder and/or crimp. they dont neccesairly have to be made for bikes, but at least use something from autozone or wherever. DONT do it the ghetto way and just twist and use electrical tape. its not reliable, and the tape breaks down after a while due to sand, dirt, water etc.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
therky42

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

ok figured it out, it was easy, got the turns signals they were made the same but the brake light we just spliced and it was easy, thanks for the help but we figured it out about 2 mins after i posted this.