MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #21
Dinismo

Feedback Rating: (0)

My experience with it has been this.. I used to get so angry that someone has almost hit me but then i realized if im so worried about what just happened then i wont be in a position mentally to watch out for the next situation to come up. You lived, AWESOME now back to looking out for the next hazard so you can keep yourself alive!
Dinismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
House apologizes for slavery.... CUSTOM ZX-14 Off Topic 58 06-23-2009 10:06 AM
mightymouse1 apologizes mightymouse1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 06-10-2008 05:53 PM
Don't tase me bro! apologizes RACER X Off Topic 17 10-30-2007 10:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #22
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
When someone gives a sincere apology, I accept it. Let's face it, we're not perfect beings.
exactly. everyone makes mistakes while driving. thankfully whenever I have made a mistake, It didn't affect anyone. at least he was man enough to admit it and apologize. save your anger for those that do it and laugh.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #23
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
accidents happen....like the motorcycle I cut off on 610 N last week as I tried to move over to exit TC Jester....He wasn't there when I looked, but granted he was probably doing 100 mph as he came up on me. I waived, he nodded and all was good. People make mistakes....even cagers. FWIW, I felt bad, but at the same time "I" wouldn't have put him in that situation had he been doing a somewhat respectable speed along a busy city loop.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #24
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumboy View Post
I was on my way to work going over the bridge on Durham just N of 10 next to an M35 and all of a sudden he just cut over into my lane with a quickness. I laid on the horn and slammed on the brakes and he kept coming until he was in front of me and then realized what he did and kind waved and then waved signaling either “Hey, sorry that I almost killed you” or “I’ll try harder next time to run you over” as I was yelling and shaking my head.

At the light he rolled up next to me and rolled down his window saying, “I’m sorry…I looked…I didn’t see you…” I had my modular helmet on so I flipped it up and really let into him. I was seeing red and don’t remember exactly what I said but I’m pretty sure it was something like “I’m not wearing my invisibility cloak….watch where the f*ck you’re going…why are you trying to kill me….” And I ended it with “I have kids too”. It was a 40-something looking family guy so I think that hit deep and he did really looked apologetic but it was hard for me to sympathize with him when I’d just seen my life flash before my eyes 20 seconds beforehand.

So what do you do when someone almost hits you and actually seems like they are sorry?
In a circumstance like that, I would, and have, simply said something along the lines of "Hey, thanks. Almost nobody apologizes. Have a great day".

I know, i know. some of you might not actually believe that, but its true. I have a REALLY long fuse and a sincere apology goes a long way.

On the other hand, if the cager were stupid enough to roll down the window and yell at me for being in his way (Yes, I've had that happen), well...kickstands and armored knuckles exist for a reason. He'd get an -chewing at the very least.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #25
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper View Post

It's sad but at work, taking the defensive driving class, the suggested way to respond to road rage in a car, no matter if you really deserve it, is not to engage in a conversation whatsoever. No rolling down the window, no conversation, no apology... That hit a nerve when I heard it.
That isn't very bright advice in my opinion. If i was angry enough to get out of the car (or off the bike) and come up to your window, if you left the window up and refused to acknowledge me, I'd very likely make sure to "open" your window for you so you could clearly hear me.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #26
NICKR1
I eat my r1

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
That isn't very bright advice in my opinion. If i was angry enough to get out of the car (or off the bike) and come up to your window, if you left the window up and refused to acknowledge me, I'd very likely make sure to "open" your window for you so you could clearly hear me.
how would you do that?
NICKR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #27
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Quote:
I have bulletproof windows, How will you open these?
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #28
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKR1 View Post
how would you do that?
you miss the point, and I'm not taking the bait.

People who are angry enough to take the time to get out of the car and come over to your window are not going to always be very receptive to being ignored.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #29
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

I have been riding for 47 years and I make it a habit to look for bikes when I am in my truck... and yet there have been bikes I did not see...so I realize that there are times and situations where the driver did not see me...and I make a habit of looking out for folks who do not see me and try not to put myself in a situation where they can hurt me because they do not see me...
I still get upset when I have a close call because they did not see me, but in truth I can understand how it happens...so unless they do something stupid like laugh when they realize what happened, I just shrug it off and move on...
as to sticking your head in someones window.. not a good idea...if my window is up and you force your way in... not a good idea... you might just scare this old man..not a good idea...I always carry my glock.. I have a chl for a reason...
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #30
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
I have bulletproof windows, How will you open these?
See above
Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #31
NICKR1
I eat my r1

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
you miss the point, and I'm not taking the bait.

People who are angry enough to take the time to get out of the car and come over to your window are not going to always be very receptive to being ignored.
yeah, definitely .

just not much you can do if they ignore you. (legally)
NICKR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #32
Lucar

Member Garage

Its very hard to try and control our emotions when this type of situations come to our front wheel hugger.. I am a truck driver, and I deal with the "general public" and all drivers, such as each and none of you in here, always cutting me off, and not realizing the danger it represents to me, and themselves. Now when you bring this to me, riding my bike, it feels more personal than just a traffic matter. As a motorcycle rider, we know that we have to drive for ourselves and everybody around us, wear our gear, and understand, that "general public" is not concerned about sharing road emotion, just getting from point A to point B. Be the bigger man and save your breath.. after all, most of the you will say, will remain inside your helmet.
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #33
Nappy

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000 RR blue&yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumboy View Post
So what do you do when someone almost hits you and actually seems like they are sorry?
I tracked my bike out and never looked back. Too many retards on the road I have had so many close calls because of other drivers when I was doing nothing wrong. I just got sick of peoples carelessness and disrespect when they almost take you out so I just quit riding street altogether. The last time it happened put me over the edge.

A mom driving her SUV with 3 kids and husband pulled right out in front of my dad and I riding at about 50 mph, we locked it up and heard the car behind us lock it up. We pull up next to them at the intersection and I put my hand up at them (no finger at this point). We were answered by MOMMY DADDY AND THE KIDS all giving us the finger. I was absolutely enraged and started to get off the bike and the mom punched it running a red light. How the can a family make a rational decision to flip off the 2 bikers they almost just killed???? I was done with street after that day.
Nappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #34
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

Once a girl ACTUALLY ran me over in high school, she totaled my bicycle and I was bleeding pretty good. But I just told her I'm OK and went to the nurse and then my class because I'm too nice
Oh and I had to buy another Walmart bike
theManofRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #35
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
That is some poor device. You come up on someone like me, you would end up with a bullet in your head. If someone isn't rolling down their window, it very well could be that they think they have a lunatic on their hands.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #36
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

I like when someone lane changes into my lane and then looks at me like I'm the idiot.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #37
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theManofRussia View Post
Once a girl ACTUALLY ran me over in high school, she totaled my bicycle and I was bleeding pretty good. But I just told her I'm OK and went to the nurse and then my class because I'm too nice
Oh and I had to buy another Walmart bike
hey... can I come kick you in the nuts a few times to take out my frustrations? being the nice guy you are,lol
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #38
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

Because I'm on speeding probation I have to go 60 on the freeway and every douchelord cager passing me gets back in my lane within one foot of my front wheel to show me that by going slow I just ruined their whole day lol.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #39
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
hey... can I come kick you in the nuts a few times to take out my frustrations? being the nice guy you are,lol
Lol I'm not that nice anymore, I learned not to be nice when a classmate asked to "borrow" a dollar and then the next day gave me dirty looks when I wanted it back
Old 09-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #40
Stricken55
Zoom Zoom

Bike(s):
12' Stratoliner Deluxe
RC51 SP2
FZ6R (sold)
SV650 (sold)
KLX250SF (sold)

Its part of riding so I stopped giving an F anymore and just SMH.
Stricken55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement