Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #21
CMRA # 147
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Back in 1994 I was driking at a bar in Long Beach California. Got on my 89 600 Ninja with out a helmet in the rain. Took off through the parking lot and hit an oil slick. Laid the bike down and got pinned on my face and right shoulder, and slid about 50 feet. The whole right side of my face was road rash. Had to get stiches on my face.
Lesson learned the hard way.
Never drink and ride\drive. And always wear a helmet.
The doctor said that I was lucky I didn't break the bone around my eye socket. Could have lost my eye.
These days I wear all the gear I can. Never know when you will need it.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Divorce stories 1308cc Off Topic 18 12-01-2012 03:43 PM
Arrest Stories Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 21 08-03-2010 06:30 PM
Squid stories... Ulric Off Topic 9 04-04-2007 09:21 PM
i wanna hear some crash stories........... tha-shit92 Stunters Lounge 54 11-09-2005 06:00 PM
ticket stories. PORSCHITO General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-23-2005 07:14 PM
Old 09-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #22
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

I'll give this a try. last october went for a ride with a small group(good group of riders about five of us i think) I only met two of the others before. we were riding 3090 from 6 to yankees (I had only riden 3090 once before this, in the other direction) i was all about taking it easy on this unfamilliar road,but as we got going my comfort level and adrenaline set in and it was at a pretty good pace. i was never UNcomfotable with the speed we were going although I was going too fast. I dont know exactly where i crashed ,but i think it still ten or so miles from yankees, i came around a right pretty fast, it was feeling good and sticking nice and up comes a pretty quick left hander i shifted my weight and pulled the bike down with my knee when my foot slipped from my peg and kinda distracted me and screwed my body position i chopped the throttle and ended up a bit wide on exit. I am not exactly sure if I hit the edge of the road or if there was a bit of gravel before the edge it dont matter i was far wider than i should have been. my front end came out so fast but i was leaned in far enough it was like just sitting down and i was sliding feet first on my left side (i hit the ground going maybe 70-80 ???) i remember sliding like it was yesterday thinking this sucks but at least im not flipping,not too sure how far i slid till I hit an embankment for a driveway my left foot must have dug in and acted as a pole vault cause i flipped up on the driveway and came to a stop,with intense pain in my left hip and leg. well that stupid mistake jammed my femur thru my pelvis(femural head impact fracture) and split my tibia from the top down(plateau fracture). i was taken to college station med ctr. where they x-rayed and ct scanned then decided no one there was qualified to fix my pelvis so they carted me off to memorial herman trauma ctr. Anyway I had three surgeries two on my pelvis with a 50-50 shot at my hip healing properly and one on my leg with a 50-50 shot of needing the plates removed to have proper use of my knee. three pelvic plates a couple handfulls of screws,two tibia plates and another handfull of screws,three weeks later i went home it took about three months before i could even walk with a cane and my hip became very arthritic. so was sceduled for a hip replacement. I had this done two weeks ago last monday 8-22 and i already feel a shitload better and can already walk without any assistance of a cane,but im still supposed to use the cane for a bit. so all should be much better in a couple months. I have knee pain from the plates but its not debilitating so ill deal for now with them in there.
what did I learn from this is (crashing SUCKS) Once you are on the ground on public roads it just fate(had there been no driveway i would have walked off but instead i still cant walk)and gear works without it i would not have a left foot and been road rashed up bad and last but not least keep the pace slow when you dont know where the you are.
Im not too far from riding again (few months) i did ride it once before my hip replacement it was quite painful cause of the arthritic hip but it sure was fun. My future street riding will be very limited and most of my future riding will be done at the track. hope my story scares one person into some gear.
I will try to edit in some x-rays later
Eric6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
Sir Ballmanship
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years

2011 Fleshlight

Crashed at GSS last Feb. Highside in the grass out of turn 8.

Learned it hurts.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #24
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

95 Sportster 1200

Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Any time youe been down, post it and what you learned from it.
lady driving in the same direction cut across my lane, i t boned her and went under the truck, ankles jacked up, knee injury- she was at fault

i learned:
1960 sucks and the cagers that drive on it
people lie in court
getting run over hurts
the infection really hurt
vicodin makes me sleepy

Last edited by a forum moderator; 09-08-2011 at 09:12 PM.
DAT GUY is offline   Reply With Quote