MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Divorce stories 1308cc Off Topic 18 12-01-2012 03:43 PM
Arrest Stories Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 21 08-03-2010 06:30 PM
Squid stories... Ulric Off Topic 9 04-04-2007 09:21 PM
i wanna hear some crash stories........... tha-shit92 Stunters Lounge 54 11-09-2005 06:00 PM
ticket stories. PORSCHITO General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-23-2005 07:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

I learned when i mis-shifted in the air to set up for the finish lin....Do not go for it anyways.... Even if you ar einthe lead. I ended up with a broke back,broke arm, all ligements torn in right hand, 2 broke fingers, 2 broke ribs, 1 fractured rib, crushed L5.. I still pay for it 6 yrs later..

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
don't look where you don't want to go....riding backroads in Lake Geneva, WI I rode right off the road into a ditch, took out a 4x4 wooden post holding the "traffic arrows" indicating the road curved all because a truck was 6" over the double yellow line coming the other direction....I easily could have made it...instead I jacked up my pretty Katana.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

I tossed my 250 into the bushes on 149 at the 15 mph turn into Richards. I didn't know how sharp the turn would be and stood the bike up hard on the brakes a quarter way through, then proceeded offroad. The lesson was don't ride hard on a road new to you and trust the bike to make it through the turn with the right input.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
lucydad

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Back in the early seventies I was crossing the DRGW narrow gauge railroad tracks in Durango, CO on my Honda Scrambler 175. The crews had just dumped massive amounts of fresh gravel to fill potholes and stabilize the wooden ties. I hit a pothole over a foot deep full of gravel and dumped the bike, and barely avoided being run over by vehicles going both directions. Nope, the train was not coming. Lesson learned: never trust a gravel road, even if you know it very well.
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #6
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

wow! this should be fun...

1) I fell asleep while riding () went off the road and woke up in an open field next morning..

2) Rammed an 18 wheeler at an intersection..(dont take green lights for granted)

3) Hit a motorcycle head on while we both attempted to pass vehicles..()

4) Lost traction in rain and slid about 100 feet...watched awesome sparks fly off the bike...i realized how different metals throw different color sparks..

5) Hit a drunk bicyclist that swerved into my path...(leave plenty of room while passing others)

^^^ These relatively low speed mishaps happened years ago (15 years or so) when i grew up in India.

the next 3 were here in the U.S.
6) Opened up my busa on a road that i had never been on....YES, dumbass move....i assumed the road ahead was straight...but, it "T" on me. No road signs to warn me...luckily, there were no vehicles going across.....I wound up in the open field...both shoes flew off...I hurt both my knees, shoulders and elbows....The dirt helped soften my fall...the busa was hanging between the cattle fence cables that I flew through..

7) Hit a deer on the way home..Broke both my ankles, bruised my rt. hip, ground my rt. elbow down to the bone through the mesh jacket, rt. shoulder sprain..

8) Went too hot into a blind rt. corner....the turn got tighter and there was gravel all the way across the road.....the bike just went out..hurt my rt. shoulder..AGAIN..

I am not including a few bikes i dumped at the stop sign or forgetting to secure the kick stand..

All my wounds have healed..and I am a little more cautious ...
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael View Post
I tossed my 250 into the bushes on 149 at the 15 mph turn into Richards. I didn't know how sharp the turn would be and stood the bike up hard on the brakes a quarter way through, then proceeded offroad. The lesson was don't ride hard on a road new to you and trust the bike to make it through the turn with the right input.
And knee protection works..
Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
And knee protection works..
Hehe I already knew that ATGATT was the way to go!
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
lucydad

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Oh, and I picked gravel out of my left arm, thigh and for about a week...
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #10
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
Benne
DeepSeaDiving

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
wow! this should be fun...

1) I fell asleep while riding () went off the road and woke up in an open field next morning..

2) Rammed an 18 wheeler at an intersection..(dont take green lights for granted)

3) Hit a motorcycle head on while we both attempted to pass vehicles..()

4) Lost traction in rain and slid about 100 feet...watched awesome sparks fly off the bike...i realized how different metals throw different color sparks..

5) Hit a drunk bicyclist that swerved into my path...(leave plenty of room while passing others)

^^^ These relatively low speed mishaps happened years ago (15 years or so) when i grew up in India.

the next 3 were here in the U.S.
6) Opened up my busa on a road that i had never been on....YES, dumbass move....i assumed the road ahead was straight...but, it "T" on me. No road signs to warn me...luckily, there were no vehicles going across.....I wound up in the open field...both shoes flew off...I hurt both my knees, shoulders and elbows....The dirt helped soften my fall...the busa was hanging between the cattle fence cables that I flew through..

7) Hit a deer on the way home..Broke both my ankles, bruised my rt. hip, ground my rt. elbow down to the bone through the mesh jacket, rt. shoulder sprain..

8) Went too hot into a blind rt. corner....the turn got tighter and there was gravel all the way across the road.....the bike just went out..hurt my rt. shoulder..AGAIN..

I am not including a few bikes i dumped at the stop sign or forgetting to secure the kick stand..

All my wounds have healed..and I am a little more cautious ...
my fav part...is that they were all in india, haha. nice.
Benne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #12
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Dont ride with Bevo when he has that "bad mojo" working...
Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Mine is a young and dumb story. I used to be one of those cats that would weave in and out of traffic. One day I was traveling down Westhiemer, just west of Hwy 6 doing just that, speeding down the road weaving in and out of traffic. I weaved to the left, in front of a car and to the left of a truck. Right about that time a car that was in front of the truck started to break hard. The driver of the truck instinctively jerked the wheel to the left to avoid hitting the car. I leaned as much as I could to keep away from the truck. All it took though, is for that truck to barely hit me and down I went. Bike slid for about 100 feet or so.

Tell ya what, that accident cured me of that real quick like. Just goes to show one, you can't predict every possible action of other drivers while out on the road, no matter how hard you try. These days, I don't do much city riding. When I get on my bikes, I high tail it out to the country roads to enjoy my rides.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Dont ride with Bevo when he has that "bad mojo" working...
OH!! i thought "bad mojo was over....was riding with him yesterday..
Old 09-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

First accident earlier this year, hit and knocked off freeway around 12am on 45N and Airline. What I learned from that is .. more people want to stand around and see if you are dead when you wake up 10 minutes later than to get a lic plate of the car who hit me.

Second accident last Sunday. passing 2 cars going about 10 mph under the speed limit. as I was about to pass the front car (I was at posted speed) She cut hard left into a drive way leaving me no place to go. I applied my brakes as hard as I could to try not lock up stroking the car around 20 mph. Bike went to the right not before ripping my arm so bad that in just a second the tank had blood all over it and I went skidding and sliding down the road trying to use my gloves and jeans and shoes to keep my body up.
Concussion. broken foot. 32 stitches in arm, and apparently 2-6 months before I am supposed to be fully recoeverd. And lost my Bike.

Lesson learned suspended lic, mexican woman dont look before they turn :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #16
TonyKmK87
Tmichelli

Bike(s):
2009 CBR 600RR (RIP)
2007 GSXR 600 (Done!)

Member Garage

Cousin and I went to ASI with a group of friend in 2009. Great night, saw some stunting, idiotic people doing burns out and loose control and run bike in to a curb and fall.

Anyways, we decide to leave and go get something to eat, Well as we got on 59N taking 610 Exit to Bellaire ( Over Pass Exit ) doing the speed limit roughly 65-70mph, was leaning in the turn and the bike just came out from underneath me caused me to hit the wall about 60mph. Starting sliding against the wall and hit a crack on the barrier and bike flipped over nose first i went with it and subframe landed on my right shoulder. My cousin thought i went over the wall and dropped down. Thank i didnt! Torn most of the ligaments in my right shoulder and now im stuck with a weak side and a big hump and some roadrash from where my jacket got ripped open. Was told surgery would be pointless other then to make my hump smaller. Bike started i jumped on it and rode it home. Pain didnt hit me till about 20mins of riding after that and needed some help getting off the bike from being stiff lol.
TonyKmK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #17
TonyKmK87
Tmichelli

Bike(s):
2009 CBR 600RR (RIP)
2007 GSXR 600 (Done!)

Member Garage

Oh yeah in 2010 around May, at a stop light by beltway 8 and 59N where you HAD to exit to get on beltway 8. At the red light a old man just hits me with his accord and knocks me off the bike and runs it over, broke the subframe and frame. :(
TonyKmK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #18
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GT Performer

I'm turning 30 in a couple month's and i been looking back thinking how stupid i was....

I was about 19 on my zx6r smoking, drinking, wearing a wife beater, jeans, addidas, base ball cap. I was about a mile away from the house at a party.
I got into a power wheelie and seen the sprinklers had run over the curb and the road was wet. When i set the front wheel down i lost the front end and got some road rash, had to pull my bike out from under the back of a truck. the girl following me was laughing but picked my hat up. The bike was still good and started. She rode me that night cause it hurt to move.
road rash

a couple years later i was racing a w6 trans am with nos. I heard the tires spin in i think 3rd gear before i could look right brake gas, i was in the windsheild, he looped out to the right and came across, i slid off the hood and the front bumper was pushing me down the road. luckily his car was low to the ground.
messed up shoulder

I didn't make a corner awhile back 2 up. it was like a shot gun went off when i went over the curb at 90/110 mph. ripped the dog bones out, locked up the rear, still up, she is still on, i try to shoot the side walk, light pole on one side, trees on the other, ran out of land, grabbed the front brake and dumped it. wraped bike around tree.

she was in a coma, broke neck, broke arm, broke leg but pulled thru. my wife at the time on a bike she bought me.
i seperated my shoulder, splein exploded, tore blatter, almost ended up with a pee bag, t5 n 6 disc jacked, cracked many bones, road rash with full leather on, they got cut going thru signs.

We used to gear up and go street racing two up. The worst feeling i ever felt was thinking i killed her.

we healed up and she bought me another bike. ya were ride or die n stupid lol.
Know divorced.

Thats just a few stories....
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #19
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Oh ya what i learned.

always wear your gear

don't around two up unless she is willing to die and you can live with killing her

don't wear tinted sheilds at night, didn't make it home before dark

don't around on unknown roads

and much much more
Old 09-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #20
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post

she was in a coma, broke neck, broke arm, broke leg but pulled thru. my wife at the time on a bike she bought me.
i seperated my shoulder, splein exploded, tore blatter, almost ended up with a pee bag, t5 n 6 disc jacked, cracked many bones, road rash with full leather on, they got cut going thru signs.

Advertisement