MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #41
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
red is one of the MOST expensive colors to do.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do you get your race fairings painted? Senna223 Taking it to the Track 5 09-01-2011 07:23 AM
Fairings need to be painted! TonyKmK87 How To's and Q & A's 3 07-13-2011 07:37 PM
Want to get my fairings painted cj_sandman General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 02-14-2009 09:51 AM
Need my fairings painted??? Who can do this? tbrooster General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 01-06-2009 10:25 PM
Painted Fairings, Wheels, Looks Much Better... WillieFlo General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 07-21-2008 08:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #42
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Tech question for you Squeaky. You think you could spray a lacquer instead of base/clear? I see no reason for a track bike to need a base/clear but, I have not priced paints in a while.
I've wondered about paint on track plastics. Everyone says there's no point in a quality finish but I've never done the lacquer. I'd be willing to do a discount on the first one (ONLY ONE) if you're patient with my learning curve and some of the imperfections that are likely to show up on a first try.

Tha massages sound like a good idea!
When I do detail work, I actually find it most comfortable to sit on the floor, but then my back and shoulders hurt after a while.

A group buy on same-color paint doesn't sound like a bad idea. One thing - how many of you know how/can block sand your own clear? :eh: (it's the part I despise most because I'm a perfectionist)
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #43
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Let me talk to Swift about some lacquer and you can try it all you want on my track plastics. When I find some that is. Which needs to be soon.

I can also do any body work stuff and finishing stuff. I am just slow with body work. Which is why I usually don't do it. Probably has something to do with that trying to get it perfect stuff as well.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:22 PM   #44
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

We can discuss behind closed doors

If everything works out well, we can look into a group purchase / spray
Old 11-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #45
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
I'm also willing to work on barters... I will (at some point in the not-so-distant-future) need my patio pavers pulled up, leveled, and redone.

Are y'all coming out for the 11th @ TWS (Texas World Speedway)? We can talk then.
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:00 PM   #46
andrave

well anyone willing to do it for $250 or less who hasn't PM'd me let me know. I'm not a perfectionist and the body work isn't perfect and I dont expect the paint to be perfect, but if I pay someone $250 for paint they better be doing a pretty good job. unless my friend gets off his I'll probably be paying someone to do it next week.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #47
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
I'm also willing to work on barters... I will (at some point in the not-so-distant-future) need my patio pavers pulled up, leveled, and redone.

Are y'all coming out for the 11th @ TWS (Texas World Speedway)? We can talk then.
I'll be there
You can see the damage I have to the F4 at that time :eh:
Old 11-03-2006, 10:20 AM   #48
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Properly done a rattle can job can be as good as anything else. Properly done of course....
+1
My best friend is a graf artist. He can do things with spray(rattle) cans that lots of people couldnt do with brushes. Fairings have relativly small surface areas, so if inexpensive is the name of the game, do it with krylon.

or go to harbor freight and buy the equipment for around $100 (thats should get all the hardware you need). then you own the stuff, can practice painting and start painting your buddies bikes for $$$ to offset that original $100.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #49
andrave

I got my friend to do metallic black for $100 thats using a base and clear.

you can buy the cheap gun or try to do it with spray paint but you won't end up with the same result as you do with the right equipment.
you can make spray paint look good enough, but you'll never get the same kind of paint job on that you get from a good spray gun.

but yeah on a small thing like a bike you dont have to worry about tiger stripes as bad its a lot easier.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement