MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Dread6
BANNED

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Question Triumph Daytona 675 Review

I am meeting a lot of people whom never heard of these bikes and/or get them confused with a CBR or a R6. I am assuming because of the undertail exhaust, the high seat and dual headlights.

"Man thats a nice bike what is it?" "How fast have your ridden with it?" "Who makes is I know its not a japanese bike?" "How does it ride?" "Yeah but I bet its expensive to fix right?" "Do they make a liter bike?" "that sounds different why does it sound like that?" "oh it has 3 cylinders instead of 4 how is it faster then?"

This is my 1st bike I have only ridden a K5 750 and an 07 Speed Triple 1050. So when they ask me how does it compare to other bikes I am very short on words.

I need all D675(R) owners to give there review on these bikes. How does it ride, what issues have you had, what bike would you compare it to, what type of rider would you recommend this bike to, how is the power, maintenance cost, Would you buy another one? etc.

Thanks
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Triumph 675 Daytona SE morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 10-25-2010 08:04 PM
triumph daytona 675 klassik General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-15-2009 12:37 AM
Triumph Daytona 675 Riders mrceotri General Discussion (Moto Related) 69 02-23-2008 07:39 PM
Triumph daytona 675 Tangy General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 10-30-2007 03:32 PM
Triumph Daytona 675 DaveJHotch General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 03-18-2006 08:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
triumphant675r

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

well...mine didn't start this morning....so there's that

Parts are a little more costly. You have to be picky where you take it. (Motorcycles Unlimited or dealer[only for warranty])

For the amount of miles I've ridden it in it's first year out of the showroom (approaching 30k before long) It's honestly had minimal issues. I;m sure any other bike with the same use/abuse will require just as much TLC.

I love riding it though. I've done 600-700 miles in a day, ridden the forest, highway, and track. Even took it off road a couple times (not intentionally)

It has great mid range power, and more than enough top end for anywhere I ride. I'll soon be changing sprocket sizes to get more power down low for the track.

Power delivery is aggressive but smooth, and the brakes are strong. I'm about to change the rotors for the first time at 25K miles.

The balance feels nice, once you get the lean started the suspension really settles in and the bike works with you, not against.

As far as specific maintenance cost:
I go through a lot of tires. I also ride a LOT, so that may not be an issue for some.
other than that it's not so bad, regular oil changes etc.

Issues:
Recently a connector between my headers just disappeared, welds and all. Triumph said I'm the first to ever report that problem. within three days I had brand new headers on, no cost to me.

I'll report this weekend after figuring out why she wouldn't start this morning.
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Dread6
BANNED

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Come on I know there are at least 6 D675 owners on here
Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

as mentioned in another thread and the general consensus I get from asking around is the riding position is aggressive. in fact, i would rank them thusly from what I know:

from most aggressive to least
Ducati 848
R6
D675
ZX
CBR
GSX-R

"oh it has 3 cylinders instead of 4 how is it faster then?"
the overall displacement is higher. 600/4 = 150cc per cylinder
675/3 = 225cc per cylinder. IIRC the bike almost produces the same power as a 750. and the torque down low is great.

the uniqueness of the engine also allows them to make the bike more narrow than most, if not all other modern supersports. the handling is nimble. I'd recommend the bike to someone who wants a bike that can corner well. It is a very good all around bike but as with most supersports, I would only recommend it to someone that will be responsible with the throttle.
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyDread6 View Post
I am meeting a lot of people whom never heard of these bikes and/or get them confused with a CBR or a R6. I am assuming because of the undertail exhaust, the high seat and dual headlights.

"Man thats a nice bike what is it?" "How fast have your ridden with it?" "Who makes is I know its not a japanese bike?" "How does it ride?" "Yeah but I bet its expensive to fix right?" "Do they make a liter bike?" "that sounds different why does it sound like that?" "oh it has 3 cylinders instead of 4 how is it faster then?"

This is my 1st bike I have only ridden a K5 750 and an 07 Speed Triple 1050. So when they ask me how does it compare to other bikes I am very short on words.

I need all D675(R) owners to give there review on these bikes. How does it ride, what issues have you had, what bike would you compare it to, what type of rider would you recommend this bike to, how is the power, maintenance cost, Would you buy another one? etc.

Thanks

Sounds to me like you're being questioned by people who are generally uneducated about sportbikes. If it didn't come from the big 4...they haven't heard of it. Instead of answering so many questions, just say "its english" and walk away.

This is what I end up doing with my Aprilia.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
as mentioned in another thread and the general consensus I get from asking around is the riding position is aggressive. in fact, i would rank them thusly from what I know:

from most aggressive to least
Ducati 848
R6
D675
ZX
CBR
GSX-R

"oh it has 3 cylinders instead of 4 how is it faster then?"
the overall displacement is higher. 600/4 = 150cc per cylinder
675/3 = 225cc per cylinder. IIRC the bike almost produces the same power as a 750. and the torque down low is great.

the uniqueness of the engine also allows them to make the bike more narrow than most, if not all other modern supersports. the handling is nimble. I'd recommend the bike to someone who wants a bike that can corner well. It is a very good all around bike but as with most supersports, I would only recommend it to someone that will be responsible with the throttle.
well said!
Deadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

triumphrat.net
triumph675.net

youll get more answers there
Old 09-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Dread6
BANNED

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Sounds to me like you're being questioned by people who are generally uneducated about sportbikes. If it didn't come from the big 4...they haven't heard of it. Instead of answering so many questions, just say "its english" and walk away.

Different questions from different experienced level of people. I figure why not educated them instead of just blowing them of by saying "google it"
Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #9
buzzltyr

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
09 Daytona 675
04 Daytona 600 (sold)
ninja 500 (sold)

the bike has good mid range as previously stated, since it is slimmer yes it handles really good it'll go wherever you put it. Only problem i've had so far is i start to get some tank slap at higher speeds but that could just be me doing something. i've been riding for awhile but not very aggressive so i cant really give a good review of the bike since i'm still figuring it out myself. So far for me, this bike is very comfortable and has more than enough power for my skill level.
buzzltyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #10
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Like said, triumph675.net . Regulator rectifier and some stator issues or should say failures. Coolant leaks at the plastic elbow, which I'm experiencing right now. Dropped valves on cylinder number 1 can be considered common. Id say its riding position is more aggressive than the list above, its very uncomfortable unless being ridden at a fast pace. Otherwise I've got 20,000 miles on mine with only experiencing the coolant leak and rectifier issue in which I replaced mine with a kawi zx10 regulator rectifier. Makes 14.5 volts constant. I'm known well throughout the community by the older school guys. This is the original forest gnome daytona 675 in my avatar, lol. My daytona has let me down. But it has shown me the best days of my life. It will only see mid 150 miles per hour. The bikes leave it behind. 600's. Mine made 106 hp on a dyno. It is the easiest bike to ride hands downn
Old 09-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #11
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post

The would be great... Except your Ape is Italian. Ha ha ha ha.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
Dread6
BANNED

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
triumphrat.net
triumph675.net

youll get more answers there
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
Like said, triumph675.net . Regulator rectifier and some stator issues or should say failures. Coolant leaks at the plastic elbow, which I'm experiencing right now. Dropped valves on cylinder number 1 can be considered common. Id say its riding position is more aggressive than the list above, its very uncomfortable unless being ridden at a fast pace. Otherwise I've got 20,000 miles on mine with only experiencing the coolant leak and rectifier issue in which I replaced mine with a kawi zx10 regulator rectifier. Makes 14.5 volts constant. I'm known well throughout the community by the older school guys. This is the original forest gnome daytona 675 in my avatar, lol. My daytona has let me down. But it has shown me the best days of my life. It will only see mid 150 miles per hour. The bikes leave it behind. 600's. Mine made 106 hp on a dyno. It is the easiest bike to ride hands downn
I was making this thread into a reference page, something to MH users to go back and read when and if they decid on purchasing a D675 as there next bike. Yeah I know someone is going to make a there own thread anyway, but I know this link with some others will be posted in said riders thread. Judging by all the views there are alot of curious members.

Thanks for all the replies, I knew MH wouldn't let me down.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

I haven't had any problems out of my 09, got around 7500 miles on it so far. The guy that owned it before me rode the out of it and did plenty of track days and I'm riding it the same. Haven't had any problems with it.

Like said before the riding position is very aggressive, I can visibly see the difference just parked next to a 636, haven't compared to the GSXR. It has good low torque if you can't find a good gear for a turn you'll be fine playing it safe in the lower ranges and get plenty of power through the entire band. It's pretty flexible, easy to ride on the track, i'm totally comfortable with it.

Parts aren't exactly on hand though, most of them have to be ordered from the dealer / shop. Theres some basic's you can swap around like levers, I had some GSXR levers on it for a while and they worked fine.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote