MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #21
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
Why are u guys talking about me like that.... Lol
IIRC you were very much into the SMRs before you started doing trackdays. Do you feel any different about SMRs now than you did before?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who got a ticket out on brookshire curves? M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-11-2013 07:02 PM
racers road nwall1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-26-2012 06:18 PM
racers road nwall1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-19-2012 07:00 PM
racers road 188ondafreeway Events, Meets and Rides 12 03-13-2011 07:59 PM
RACERS ROAD ALEXD General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-10-2009 07:21 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #22
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Inevitable. The public hates bikes. Country people even more so. Racers Road and others like it are gonna be just fond memories in a few years due to noise, danger, etc... Yeah, people have been saying that all along for many years, but electronic surveillance, enforcement, and other technologies will relegate hooligan on road behavior a thing of the past in the not so distant future.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #23
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Luckily there still is that ONE other road CRR....
Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #24
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
IIRC you were very much into the SMRs before you started doing trackdays. Do you feel any different about SMRs now than you did before?
i do...i was big on SMR's...boy have i matured a lot since then. Track FTW!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #25
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYAN View Post
i do...i was big on SMR's...boy have i matured a lot since then. Track FTW!
so you are too good for the streets know i guess, our SMR wasnt all about riding, we are a group of friends that enjoy getting together and ride!

It just cracks me up to remember the first time you rode with us, after a few months you have improved a lot without doing a single track day, you mentioned about riding with another group for a lot longer and never learned a thing about riding until you joined us. So now because you are doing a few track days you called yourself matured? Get real man, ever Carlos who is a lot more matured than you come out and join us on Sundays, like i said its not about riding but its about friendship but i guess some people just dont get that part.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #26
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike

Whats RR? Is that another name for TWS (Texas World Speedway)? lol

Cullen
CMRA #65
Old 09-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #27
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
so you are too good for the streets know i guess, our SMR wasnt all about riding, we are a group of friends that enjoy getting together and ride!

It just cracks me up to remember the first time you rode with us, after a few months you have improved a lot without doing a single track day, you mentioned about riding with another group for a lot longer and never learned a thing about riding until you joined us. So now because you are doing a few track days you called yourself matured? Get real man, ever Carlos who is a lot more matured than you come out and join us on Sundays, like i said its not about riding but its about friendship but i guess some people just dont get that part.
We understand the social aspect of it and nobody knocks that.

Ultimately it ends in blasting down public roads at ludicrous speed. That's the part that Bryan is talking about. A little time on the track changes the perspective of most riders.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #28
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

And this thread has gone to . lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #29
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

South side sucks anyway. The best curves are the freeway entrances and u turn lanes
Old 09-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #30
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

here we go again....

Quote:
so you are too good for the streets know i guess, our SMR wasnt all about riding, we are a group of friends that enjoy getting together and ride!.
That was the only reason why I rode with you guys... I was glad to come and chill, ride.. have a good time.. talk about bikes... I love speed and one of the reason why I am doing track days is because I dont have to keep my eyes on my rear view mirror to see if I have a cop on my for doing 80 on a 45mph speed limit.

One thing for sure Frank, It is the way we ride the makes SMR look bad out threre... I think 2,3,4 times before I make a pass on a turn... Before I didn't! My head was not thinking what I COULD happen if there was a truck, car.. bike.. coming the other way and we hit head on.

Now I do! I think twice before I pass someone.. I usually just seat back and wait for that straight coming up so I can take over the rider in front of me.

Quote:

Once againg... I love street riding. Thats something I will never give up!
I do track days now because I know its will make me a better rider and I dont have to worry about anything out there that I have to worry about on the streets (trees, cops, rocks... craps, more craps..)

Track doesn't stop me from ripping the throttle open when I see a nice curve coming up.. or 610 and post oak.. I still do it!

One thing for sure.. it makes me SLOW DOWN, Respect other vehicles on the road and pass them when its the right time and the right place to do.. Not on some blind spot or on a solid yellow line..

One of the main things that I do track days now its because once again.. I dont have to worry about COPS! TRAFFIC.. !
at the track.. I can open the throttle with out having to worry whats behind me.. but just see whats coming at you.

Now.. I try to have close friends to do track days more then anything.
Last week I took 4 people with ride smart to MSRH... this week coming up I'm trying to take 5 more to Msrh With fast line..
I am not that guys that keeps saying.. "take it to the track" but how ever.. I'm the guy that said "come out and play AT the track" still do what you love doing but better yet.. come out and play with us at the track and you dont have to worry about anything other then crashing your bike..

Those friends that I took to Msrh With Ride Smart last track day LOVE IT!! AND... Still DID AND DO SMR's.

OK.. I'm done!!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #31
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:

So you're not just about riding but you get together and ride. Ummm......I don't get it. Below we'll explore the "social" aspect.

Quote:
We understand the social aspect of it and nobody knocks that.
Also, I don't get the social aspect of riding. You're on a bike, by yourelf, in a helmet, with so much outside noise you can barely hear YOURSELF speak, and you should even be wearing ear plugs. Sounds like there's lots of good conversation taking place. Take it from someone who has social anxiety: being in the same general vaccinity as others doesn't make you social.....it makes you in the general vacinity of others.

Now you MIGHT hang out with the guys you just rode with either before or after...and that's social. the riding, however, is not.

This actually makes trackdays even more social than the street. You're forced to get off your bike after 20 minutes for 40 minutes. Assuming you're not in class, you're either talking with the guys you pit next to, or you're the weirdo pretending to have a really serious text message convo.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302

Last edited by Chubby Racer; 09-01-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #32
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

For once, I didnt do it
Old 09-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #33
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
For once, I didnt do it
I just PMd a mod blaming you.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #34
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
I just PMd a mod blaming you.
I just PMed you blaming you.

wait...wut?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 09-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #35
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Boy those residents really are starting to nitpick....they're just hating cuz they can't go as fast as the SMR crew...
lol good one
Old 09-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #36
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

I really like going out riding with friends that I know.. The social part is spending time with them..

How does it feel riding by your self on the road?? how?? do you like it just as much as you do if you were to ride with a very close friend?? I dont think so!

why do people put M&G together to go to places?? Yankees or wednesday night?? why?? you dont ride each others bikes.. so whats the point???
is the Social part IMO.

People meet! Ride together and have a good time just by putting a helmet on! I know I do..

so whats so different at the track?? its just the riding part that its different, we are not taking it easy as much as you would riding on the streets. its not like you're just cruising in the middle of the track? you're always trying to work on your skills of riding.. BP, Braking points.. exit... etc...
Do you seat back and chill?? you always have to go the class room right off the track.. you keep moving all day long. Its an EVENT.

Once again.. a reason of why I will not quit riding streets.. spending time with close friends and going out riding its whats all about.

Track.. streets... its what we do that makes us who we are!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #37
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

sounds like Floyd has done some growing up!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #38
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I like pie
Old 09-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #39
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
So you're not just about riding but you get together and ride. Ummm......I don't get it. Below we'll explore the "social" aspect.

Also, I don't get the social aspect of riding. You're on a bike, by yourelf, in a helmet, with so much outside noise you can barely hear YOURSELF speak, and you should even be wearing ear plugs. Sounds like there's lots of good conversation taking place. Take it from someone who has social anxiety: being in the same general vaccinity as others doesn't make you social.....it makes you in the general vacinity of others.

Now you MIGHT hang out with the guys you just rode with either before or after...and that's social. the riding, however, is not.

This actually makes trackdays even more social than the street. You're forced to get off your bike after 20 minutes for 40 minutes. Assuming you're not in class, you're either talking with the guys you pit next to, or you're the weirdo pretending to have a really serious text message convo.
Let me start by saying that we are a group of close friends, we all have busy careers and dont have too much time to get together during weekdays so we use our Sundays to do so, we meet for breakfast where we all sit on the table and talk for a while, then cruise for a bit, then stop for a few drinks/chat and ride some more and then take another break where we talk about anything but mostly about bikes and new stuff happening in our lives, it is very obvious that nobody talks when wearing helmets over our heads so thats why we stop a few times to do so in between the riding part.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #40
Stone87
CMRA Expert

Bike(s):
2013 Kawasaki ZX10R Race Bike #789

wow.... sorry about the social anxiety bro... i guess its a lot easier talking to a bunch of people on the internet huh?
Anyways.... who cares what people do! Track or street. Ride what you want to ride and stop about whose more mature.
Closed Thread

Advertisement