MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #21
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedestech View Post
Yea... bet I don't get a warning the next time I am stoped in Alvin... Yea...
Actually you may!
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultimate MX in Alvin Tues 7/21 rccarlson22 Events, Meets and Rides 3 07-22-2015 04:07 PM
C $2 LONESTARS $3 CORONITAS $4 JOSE CUERVO SHOTS.....21+ FREE TILL 11:30PM 10/21/10 LRR6 Events, Meets and Rides 18 10-20-2011 11:32 PM
Alvin 21 Trial ibhusain Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 1 09-05-2011 11:36 PM
To all "Alvin 21" VicTOEmizer Off Topic 108 08-05-2011 12:30 AM
alvin? witchdoctor575 Stunters Lounge 64 08-22-2010 09:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #22
Prince

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1
Honda NM-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Is this when all yall got ticketed riding down to MSRH
Yes this was on the way to BBQ/Track day on May 22nd, 2011.

Fresnel was a real badass in court. The cop still tried to put up a fight and say that he witnessed every single motorcycle commit a violation.

Fresnel cross-testified the cop and blew apart his testimony. The cop first said that there were curves in the road and that it was unsafe to pass because you could not see very far. Then Fres started lighting him up and asked him, essentially, how is it possible to see all 21 bikes, spread over hundreds of yards, if the curves make it difficult to see very far?

The cop and attorney showed a dash cam video that only hurt their case. It showed one bike (suzuki, 2up) cross the double yellow as the cop was passing to get in front. The rest of the bikes are riding in a beautiful staggered formation as he hauls to pass everyone and get in front.

I took the stand and gave testimony about what happened and how he kept us there for hours. I said that the video clearly shows the slow moving car pulled over to the shoulder and therefore I didn't have to pass; I simply stayed within my lane.

In the end, it showed that the cop was harassing a bunch of bikes.

The jury deliberated for about 25-30 minutes and found all 4 defendants not guilty!

Fresnel Phan is the man. He deals with much more important cases than traffic violations and he did this as a favor to us. He was filing motions, objecting to their BS, and showing them how things are supposed to be done.

The cop looked like a fool on the stand and was getting frustrated because he thought he could get away with this without being held accountable. I think the Alvin police will think twice before harassing a big group of us again.
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #23
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

great to hear

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #24
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
. I think the Alvin police will think twice before harassing a big group of us again.
or just be more and pull over more bikes, he gets paid to be in ct, win or lose.

congrats on the win.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:19 AM   #25
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
or just be more and pull over more bikes, he gets paid to be in ct, win or lose.

congrats on the win.
Unfortunately, this is more likely...
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:38 AM   #26
mjrauma
ZZRrrrrrrgh!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZZR 1200

Way to go guys! Congrats.
mjrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #27
JROD

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 zx10r

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is more likely...
Apparently this is already the case in Alvin seeing that we got pulled over for bs. Do we blame the previous riders that may have him off? Next time you get a ticket don't go blaming others by saying you only got the ticket cause we fought back and won our case.
JROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #28
cedestech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROD View Post
Apparently this is already the case in Alvin seeing that we got pulled over for bs. Do we blame the previous riders that may have him off? Next time you get a ticket don't go blaming others by saying you only got the ticket cause we fought back and won our case.
That is funny... I've always been let go with a warning.... even from the police officer that pulled you over.... We'll see I guess won't we see, I go through Alvin twice a day, almost every day....

Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #29
cedestech

Actually that isn't completely true. I was pulled over for a speed greater then 25 over the limit 3-4 years ago and the officer wrote the ticket for 20 over so I could
take DD..... what a head huh?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #30
JROD

Bike(s):
2011 zx10r

Really? I was pulled over and ticketed for making a unsafe pass on left when the video shows clearly we did not. But yet 21 recieved citations. Yeah I would say .
JROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #31
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

I wish I would have stayed in on this to have mine dismissed. haha. I guess $175 including Fres fee's isn't too bad.

Congrats guys. Too be fair, the cop was a total douche from the get go.

Cedestech, I was sweeping that group ride. Thats right, the VERY last bike. I saw the cop behind me for a good two miles. There were literally 3 bikes that passed a car... And that cop took off in front of me, pulled the entire group over and called for back up. And proceeded to write everyone a ticket, he wrote ME a ticket too and I didnt do ! apparently GoPro's dont work well when you forget the SD card :/
Deadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #32
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
Yes this was on the way to BBQ/Track day on May 22nd, 2011.

Fresnel was a real badass in court. The cop still tried to put up a fight and say that he witnessed every single motorcycle commit a violation.

Fresnel cross-testified the cop and blew apart his testimony. The cop first said that there were curves in the road and that it was unsafe to pass because you could not see very far. Then Fres started lighting him up and asked him, essentially, how is it possible to see all 21 bikes, spread over hundreds of yards, if the curves make it difficult to see very far?

The cop and attorney showed a dash cam video that only hurt their case. It showed one bike (suzuki, 2up) cross the double yellow as the cop was passing to get in front. The rest of the bikes are riding in a beautiful staggered formation as he hauls to pass everyone and get in front.

I took the stand and gave testimony about what happened and how he kept us there for hours. I said that the video clearly shows the slow moving car pulled over to the shoulder and therefore I didn't have to pass; I simply stayed within my lane.

In the end, it showed that the cop was harassing a bunch of bikes.

The jury deliberated for about 25-30 minutes and found all 4 defendants not guilty!

Fresnel Phan is the man. He deals with much more important cases than traffic violations and he did this as a favor to us. He was filing motions, objecting to their BS, and showing them how things are supposed to be done.

The cop looked like a fool on the stand and was getting frustrated because he thought he could get away with this without being held accountable. I think the Alvin police will think twice before harassing a big group of us again.
Awesome, I have used Fresnal's services before and will continue. But yes, he has way more important to do then fight traffic tickets, but he helps out the moto community.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #33
Stromtrooper
Trust me I know what I'm

Bike(s):
'08 Wee-Strom DL650
Trek OCLV 5200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
..., he gets paid to be in ct, win or lose...
True dat, also the DA, the judge, even the jury (well not match but still!). Unfortunately the bill is ultimately sent to the taxpayer

Apart from this win (not guilty verdict), I bet the DA is going to avoid jury trials by offering better deals than what he offered the others

Last edited by Stromtrooper; 09-02-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Stromtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #34
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Yea... bet I don't get a warning the next time I am stoped in Alvin... Yea...
yeah I agree.... pay the ticket guilty or not, so that they will be less likely to write tickets to other sport bikes in the future.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #35
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

. I sure love the ending of this story. Im still glad he didnt get me for "tuning" the bike like I was.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #36
ormand
Deelish!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Frankly, I am just not going to ride/drive through Alvin anymore...this was the last straw for me. Anytime I goto MSRH in the future, I'll just drive up I-45 to Beltway 8 to 288 South starting from Texas City...an extra 30 min/30 miles, but atleast I don't have to deal with Alvin bullshit. I have been pulled over twice for literally doing nothing many years ago in Alvin just because I drive a 'ricer' Accord - no tickets both times, just harassment/profiling.

No more Joes BBQ
No more Barbed Rose Steakhouse

lol that's about all I ever would goto Alvin for. This 1 ticket cost me 10 hours/$225 for bullshit.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #37
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
Frankly, I am just not going to ride/drive through Alvin anymore...this was the last straw for me. Anytime I goto MSRH in the future, I'll just drive up I-45 to Beltway 8 to 288 South starting from Texas City...an extra 30 min/30 miles, but atleast I don't have to deal with Alvin bullshit. I have been pulled over twice for literally doing nothing many years ago in Alvin just because I drive a 'ricer' Accord - no tickets both times, just harassment/profiling.

No more Joes BBQ
No more Barbed Rose Steakhouse

lol that's about all I ever would goto Alvin for. This 1 ticket cost me 10 hours/$225 for bullshit.

sweet..just more food for me and my family,lol
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #38
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Eh, I wouldnt take it THAT far, , Alvin has never once pulled me over and I go thru there a lot. My mom and a brother lives there. , on one of our rides a Alvin cop car was directly behind me at a light and my tags were out in 05 lol. Still not on pull over.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #39
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Eh, I wouldnt take it THAT far, , Alvin has never once pulled me over and I go thru there a lot. My mom and a brother lives there. , on one of our rides a Alvin cop car was directly behind me at a light and my tags were out in 05 lol. Still not on pull over.
That's cuz you're white.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #40
ormand
Deelish!

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000