MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #21
roachie
ainofea.........

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6S
2008 Suzuki GXSR600-Tracking out
1993 Katana 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
I might not pull over any more.
One guy was looking for his drugs he lost on the road, another his wallet and did not want help, others are just talking on the phone on the side of the freeway, one guy was rude.
The rude guy was an older guy on Pearland parkway that rides a older ninja 250. I saw him as close to the curb as he could get and he was trying to back up at least 300 Plus feet to a half finished drive way with his hazzards on.
I am sure he had been at it for a while. I asked if he needed help and he told me I was blocking traffic and to move. I said I had a ramp and tie downs and it would be no problem to give him a ride where ever. He keept insisting that I was blocking traffic while he was almost getting creamed by every car/truck that passed by. I wanted to tell him to go f himself. He was a .

Only person I have really been able to help was a friend that ran out of gas on 59.

Well if that was me I guess I would feel the same way, however I would have just chunked him the DEUCES, less one finger! LOL
roachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caution: debris on 610 north loop heading east myla296 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 05-25-2013 12:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #22
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

good stuff!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #23
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Kudos to you for helping the rider out.
I would do the same.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #24
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Today I was driving on 610 loop East just over the ship channel, I saw a rider under a bridge, I pulled over, I was on my lunch break which consist of an hour. I reversed to help, I didn't even think, OMG, I'm a female and he's a male and I'm alone, but my instinct was just to help him out, it was 104 outside. I yelled to the rider, "do you need gas?" he said "NO, it just stopped!" me, "ARE YOU SURE", needless to say, I asked the rider, is someone coming to help you, he said well I've called everyone I could and no one is answering, sounds so familiar to me. I didn't hesitate, I asked, where were you headed, do you want a ride some where? He says YES, it's the first day of school (HCC) can you take me to school? I'm thinking and you gonna leave your bike there? So......... I said, look, I have a trailer at home, I give you an option, I take you to school and adios, or we can go to my house and grab the trailer and we'll come back and get your bike. Without hesitation he said F#$^ School, it's just the first day, do you mind if we go get your trailer and come back to get my bike. So many things could have gone wrong, but I went with my instinct to help this kid out (anyone younger than me ima call em a kid) I would have left him there to wait with his bike but as some of you may know, I'm still in recovery mode and there was no way in I was gonna get that trailer hitched onto my truck BY MYSELF. We left the bike, I live 15 minutes away, of course it only takes 10mins to steal a bike but this is what we decided to do. It all worked out, got back to the bike, put it on the trailer and took him home, back to work in 75min.

thanks to the biker community, I got to pay it forward, and I'm sure he'll do the same!

>> I hope you'll be around if this ever happens to me, I also, have no one to call !

bless you roachie
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #25
roachie
ainofea.........

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6S
1993 Katana 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
>> I hope you'll be around if this ever happens to me, I also, have no one to call !

bless you roachie
We're a community! Just holler and we'll come runnin! 832.283.7800, provided I'm NOT at work! I happen to be on my lunch break, he was very LUCKY!~
Old 08-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #26
MrGonzalez
08 Red R1

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1 (BL0oDy)
1998 honda cbr 600 f3 (sold)
2005 yamaha r1 White Raven (STOLEN)
2007 Yamaha R1 (BL0oDy)

Member Garage

Quote:
Today I was driving on 610 loop East just over the ship channel, I saw a rider under a bridge, I pulled over, I was on my lunch break which consist of an hour. I reversed to help, I didn't even think, OMG, I'm a female and he's a male and I'm alone, but my instinct was just to help him out, it was 104 outside. I yelled to the rider, "do you need gas?" he said "NO, it just stopped!" me, "ARE YOU SURE", needless to say, I asked the rider, is someone coming to help you, he said well I've called everyone I could and no one is answering, sounds so familiar to me. I didn't hesitate, I asked, where were you headed, do you want a ride some where? He says YES, it's the first day of school (HCC) can you take me to school? I'm thinking and you gonna leave your bike there? So......... I said, look, I have a trailer at home, I give you an option, I take you to school and adios, or we can go to my house and grab the trailer and we'll come back and get your bike. Without hesitation he said F#$^ School, it's just the first day, do you mind if we go get your trailer and come back to get my bike. So many things could have gone wrong, but I went with my instinct to help this kid out (anyone younger than me ima call em a kid) I would have left him there to wait with his bike but as some of you may know, I'm still in recovery mode and there was no way in I was gonna get that trailer hitched onto my truck BY MYSELF. We left the bike, I live 15 minutes away, of course it only takes 10mins to steal a bike but this is what we decided to do. It all worked out, got back to the bike, put it on the trailer and took him home, back to work in 75min.

thanks to the biker community, I got to pay it forward, and I'm sure he'll do the same!

two thumbs up !!!
MrGonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #27
KEM

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Hospital bed (returned)
ZX6R monster (crashed)
Ducati SS1000DS (crashed)
SV650S (sold)

Well done!
I just wish more people would be like this. This world would be so nicer place ...
What we have had on the other forum in another country, is the list of members, who were willing (and have truck or trailer)to help if something like this happen to other member, with the area and phone number. Prolly not such a bad idea to have something like that here?
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #28
roachie
ainofea.........

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6S
1993 Katana 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEM View Post
Well done!
I just wish more people would be like this. This world would be so nicer place ...
What we have had on the other forum in another country, is the list of members, who were willing (and have truck or trailer)to help if something like this happen to other member, with the area and phone number. Prolly not such a bad idea to have something like that here?
AGREE! We all have smart phones LOL and will be able to access the site from most ANY WHERE
Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #29
grsa

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

tell the young un to join moto houston and he will have a plethora of people to contact. There always seems to be someone available. Kudos to you and your recovery.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #30
roachie
ainofea.........

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6S
1993 Katana 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
tell the young un to join moto houston and he will have a plethora of people to contact. There always seems to be someone available. Kudos to you and your recovery.
I did tell him to join, can't tell if he did, I told him to hit me up when he joins, but I think the kiddo forgot the site address already, LOL
Old 08-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #31
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Quote:
We're a community! Just holler and we'll come runnin! 832.283.7800, provided I'm NOT at work! I happen to be on my lunch break, he was very LUCKY!~
Going to be calling you in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEM View Post
Well done!
We have a thread with members numbers and what side of town they can help on. I would not know where to find it but it is there.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #32
ciao_strada

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

Quote:
I might not pull over any more.
One guy was looking for his drugs he lost on the road, another his wallet and did not want help, others are just talking on the phone on the side of the freeway, one guy was rude.
The rude guy was an older guy on Pearland parkway that rides a older ninja 250. I saw him as close to the curb as he could get and he was trying to back up at least 300 Plus feet to a half finished drive way with his hazzards on.
I am sure he had been at it for a while. I asked if he needed help and he told me I was blocking traffic and to move. I said I had a ramp and tie downs and it would be no problem to give him a ride where ever. He keept insisting that I was blocking traffic while he was almost getting creamed by every car/truck that passed by. I wanted to tell him to go f himself. He was a .

Only person I have really been able to help was a friend that ran out of gas on 59.
shoulda gone back with your truck and ran his bike over, then said "you were blocking traffic, a**hole"
ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #33
roachie
ainofea.........

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6S
1993 Katana 600

Quote:
Stop it GABRIEL
Old 08-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #34
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciao_strada View Post
shoulda gone back with your truck and ran his bike over, then said "you were blocking traffic, a**hole"
I am sure I will see him again. I see him all the time. Been awhile. His bike may still be broken.
Quote:
Stop it GABRIEL
That was weird, no one really calls me Gabriel.
Made it seem like you knew me. Like I was in trouble.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #35
roachie
ainofea.........

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6S
1993 Katana 600

Quote:

That was weird, no one really calls me Gabriel.
Made it seem like you knew me. Like I was in trouble.
Well it iz your USERNAME, what else was I gonna call you *smiles*

Last edited by roachie; 08-30-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #36
KEM

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Hospital bed (returned)
ZX6R monster (crashed)
Ducati SS1000DS (crashed)
SV650S (sold)

Quote:

We have a thread with members numbers and what side of town they can help on. I would not know where to find it but it is there.
Nah, too lazy to search... I rather call roachie too
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #37
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

sexy