MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #41
lucydad

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

fear is the mind killer

This quote comes to mind, from the classic science fiction book Dune, by Frank Herbert:

Fear is the mind killer....Reverend Mother to Paul, before he was transformed

Lots of good advice on this thread. Fear can be a tool. Self awareness is crucial. If fear is out of control, get off the bike. But, a reasonable caution should always, always be with you when riding.

Good luck! Give it some time, then see what happens.
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plate hanging pester General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 09-05-2015 06:22 PM
I'm hanging up my gear.. Lucar Off Topic 67 04-14-2013 09:29 PM
I killed my dog by hanging!! Grinchy Off Topic 13 05-31-2011 05:55 PM
Bayliss hanging with the Dr Grinchy Taking it to the Track 5 01-02-2009 04:13 PM
anyone thinking what im thinking ?? JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 33 11-19-2008 07:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #42
Benne
DeepSeaDiving

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 (sold)

i waited 3 yrs to finally get me a bike, and now that i have it, im not selling it. You are right though, houston drivers, buts thats not stopping me from riding. I had to ride my bike 3 months straight cause my car was getting fixed. For those 3 months, i wouldnt take'em back, i'd do it all over again. Dont let Fear get in the way. I had my close if you read my ALMOST HIT thread. i ride when i want and how ever the weather might be. Im not looking back, haha.
Benne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #43
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

having doubts? quit. either your in or your out. ive wrecked a few times, caught from every other family member/friend i know. spent countless money and time working on my bikes and im still here riding. yes i know the dangers, yes i have read, heard, and seen riders fall and die. ive had more than a few close calls and have done things that i know are just reckless and dangerous and could have ended badly (not saying that im proud of it or anything) it just a part of the life. if you have a higher calling then get to it and dont look back thinking what if or how it would be if u were still up on 2.
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #44
vagabundo

Experience: 8 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6er View Post
having doubts? quit. either your in or your out. ive wrecked a few times, caught from every other family member/friend i know. spent countless money and time working on my bikes and im still here riding. yes i know the dangers, yes i have read, heard, and seen riders fall and die. ive had more than a few close calls and have done things that i know are just reckless and dangerous and could have ended badly (not saying that im proud of it or anything) it just a part of the life. if you have a higher calling then get to it and dont look back thinking what if or how it would be if u were still up on 2.
Exactly!!
vagabundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #45
da1hobo
Local Hobo

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
77 Honda CT125 - sold
1995 Vulcan 800A - sold
2011 KLR650E

I only thought about quitting once: Last Sunday when it was 106 and I was caught out in the heat at 3:00 pm while riding. Even then I only thought about quitting till September.

If you want a cheaper option than taking it to the track then take it to the dirt. Get yourself a dirtbike or supermoto. There are plenty of places outside of houston where you can ride for next to nothing on trails.
da1hobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement