MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

Well it's been a year since............

Iíve bought my CBR. I had put 14,008 miles on the odometer. Before doing my first trackday last weekend Itís been a fun 14K. And I am looking forward to the next 14K.

Some of the enjoyable memories include:
Putting 14K on it without ever letting anything but the wheels and the kickstand touch the ground. My other bike I had 18K on it before I came to a quick stop oneday and didnít get the kickstand completely down completely. I let it fall over on my leg.

Learning to love itís agility, performance, especially itís stopping power. It generally added a whole nother dimension to my riding pleasure.

Reaching and surviving speeds (once or twice) not possible with any of my other vehicles Iíve owned. I like going fast.

Meeting and getting together with some great people just for the sake of going riding. Thanks to MH. Something I never did with my other MC. It is just for getting from point a, too point b in a fun way.

Letting peer preasure get to me. So I now everytime I ride the beast. I look like a ďJunior Power RangerĒ. With my cruiser, I had 23K on it when I finally bought a helmet. Which I did only because my face got totally wind and sun burnt from the previous 24 hours/990miles of riding and I still had 7 hours/350miles to go that day. I still ride it squid style, but not the beast.

Forest rides. Iíve been on a few recently.

Managing to survive being on the edge a few times. Yea Iíve slipped and slid on a few turns. Mainly due to unstable road conditions not being on the edge of the bikes abilities. Run off the road once due to being on the edge of my abilities and allowing the Survival Reaction to take control.

The Hill country ride.

Learning about, and enjoying my first trackday. Iíd always heard rumors of such a thing.

Some of the not so enjoyable memories include:

Getting pulled over 4 times, atleast I only got ticketed on two of those occasions. The first I would have gotten away with if only Iíd acted just a little innocent. Iím just too honest. I still kick my self for that one.

Being around when other riders have went down. Iíll never forget looking over and seeing Franks ďSuper DukeĒ sliding by me at about 40mph and thinking. ďThis is not supposed to be happening and what has happened to the rider.Ē Then there was Ab, and Rachel.

Well thatís all I can think of for now. Hopefully for next years memories. The good ones will outnumber the bad ones aswell

Wishing all who read this thread will have more fun and fewer mishaps than I did in your next 14K miles.

Reese
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two year contract expired after 1 year (Direct energy) urbanXJ Off Topic 17 06-06-2013 08:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Thanks for sharing

www.motohouston/forum/blogs/reese.com
MykolJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Your welcome!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Best motorcycle ever made.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
your welcome,but
what's this it doesn't work for me?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
lol I dont think its a real link
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
Dread6
BANNED

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Triumph Daytona 675
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
your welcome,but
what's this it doesn't work for me?
Mike is just being mike man fun of my thread as well lol! At least he took the effort of making a fake link for you.

Good write up by the way, I like read each individuals riding experiences over time. We all experience different things I like to learn from others mistakes.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
roachie
ainofea.........

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6S
2008 Suzuki GXSR600-Tracking out
1993 Katana 600

Thanks Reese, sorry I had to be part of your bad moments LOL, but I'm still part of your good moments too, I'm happy and glad to have met you and good thing is like you are a hop skip and jump and nice to know you are very near by like a GOOD NEIGHBOR, Reese will be there! Thanks for EVERYTHING you have done for us

Much Mahalo *Ma Ha LO (Thanks) and aloha (Hello, Bye, Thank you, Until we meet again, many more meanings) *AH LO HA! hee hee
Rachelle & Peter
roachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #9
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Your welcome!
Well I wasn't really thanking you for those memories, but ok. Thanks, you were my first. but certainly not my last. Don't worry, I'm one of those risk taking bouncy ball people and someday I'll end up experiencing it for myself. It made me feel alittle better when you got up real quick.
BTW how's are you doing? Is everything back to normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
lol I dont think its a real link
MIKEY! Hope you can take it as well as you can dish it out. I wasted part of my break at work trying to get it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
Best motorcycle ever made.
Yep I'm a tried and true Honda man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NappyDread6 View Post
Mike is just being mike man fun of my thread as well lol! At least he took the effort of making a fake link for you.

Good write up by the way, I like read each individuals riding experiences over time. We all experience different things I like to learn from others mistakes.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Intelligent people can learn from others experiences. It's the dummies who only learn by firsthand experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Thanks Reese, sorry I had to be part of your bad moments LOL, but I'm still part of your good moments too, I'm happy and glad to have met you and good thing is like you are a hop skip and jump and nice to know you are very near by like a GOOD NEIGHBOR, Reese will be there! Thanks for EVERYTHING you have done for us

Much Mahalo *Ma Ha LO (Thanks) and aloha (Hello, Bye, Thank you, Until we meet again, many more meanings) *AH LO HA! hee hee
Rachelle & Peter
Yea I couldn't recount the good without including the bad. Unfortunately, happens, and sometimes it happens to good people. Just glad that so far every bad experience hasn't been that bad. And everyone is going to recover to enjoy more happy days in their life.

Advertisement