Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Cool ride deprived...Hwy 550 Colorado observation

I quit my one gig and started a new job this Monday. Between jobs I went home to Durango, CO and visited a buddy near Delta, CO. In between is the famous Hwy 550 Million Dollar Highway over Red Mountain Pass. Even though I was driving a cager Ford rental car, the many bikers going both directions caught my eye. This road has several "motorcycles, use extreme caution" signs and flashing lights. The steep ascent and descent hair pin curves, heavy traffic, cliff drops hundreds of feet down and such make riding a real adventure for pros. My mind wandered what it would be like to ride the pass: just what is the best technique for a variable radius, steep descent hairpin curve that is freshly wet from rain, and of course pinned between cars in front and a 18 wheeler in back?

Anyway, this Saturday morning, despite our horrid heat, I finally, after more than two weeks get to ride my Kawa. I miss riding a lot. Hydration is a concern, this is crazy-heat. Commuting home in my BMW this week I got heat rash, despite airconditioning, due to the extremes.

I can't wait for fall and cooler temperatures.
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote