MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #21
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
I've been looking into track cars for quite a while.

Driving events are anywhere from 75-200 per trackday.

You do not have to have a race prepped car to do track days.

180 can get you as much as six 30 minute sessions depending on the host of the event and where it is held, on MSRH this is a lot of time.

Car doesn't need to be fast, although after riding in a E92 M3 at the track a fast car is definately fun.

A Miata is the perfect budget track car. Especially the 1.8L NA Miata. I have been looking into those, but most likely will end up with an E36 M3 because I have an addiction to Bimmers.

You have lots of opinions about motorcycle trackdays. I have NO experience there. My 10R is too fast, too pretty, and my skill level too poor for me to take to the track. It's a personal thing and yes I know my skill levels will improve with trackdays, but I really don't care since I have been riding a cruiser lately and am actually liking the laid back cruiser lifestyle.

If you are interested in car track days you should attend one of the events and see if they offer ride alongs. If you can't find any PM me and I'll refer you to one such organization.

Be forewarned, this is an addiction on par with motorcycle trackdays.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i know another bikes vs. cars andrew General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 10-22-2010 03:27 PM
cars vs bikes GreyF2 Taking it to the Track 53 04-02-2009 08:57 AM
tHIS IS WHY CARS HATE BIKES!!!!! SPYDER BITE General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 07-19-2008 05:54 AM
Naming Your Bikes/Cars ArturoC Off Topic 14 09-19-2006 08:17 PM
cars vs bikes TinyCycleKat General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-14-2006 11:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #22
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
I had a 94 Miata track / street. It was ultra reliable, kinda slow, handled great, and was very, very easy on tires. RWD meant you could steer with throttle, and drift, and drive it like a car is meant to be driven. Resale is great on older models. I drove it for three years, sold it for $500 less than I had in it. I drove it as a daily...good MPG, practical enough, fun to put the top down on a nice day, more than adequate A/C, I had a stereo so that helped highway noise. I put 500 mile days and it was fine.

Downside to Miatas is people think you are gay. Upside is all the girls want to be friends, go shopping for bikinis and makeup, and occasionally try to "change" you. And Miatas are slow.
haha i've driven my buddy's 2005 miata and u pretty much summed it up perfectly. A +++ !

very interesting thread so far. throwing a car around in curves is pretty darn enjoyable, but going from even my 500cc to most cars would be a noticable drop in acceleration. give and take i guess...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #23
sweeney1186

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
00 SV650 superbike
06 FJR 1300

You can rent a spec miata auto or manual & even a mustang if you want to get the feel of doing a car trackday. http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/pe...ar-rental.html .I've done both,but to me bikes are definately more fun
CMRA # 78, Team EDS #56 F2 Endurance
sweeney1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #24
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

I have an s2k.. It's a fun car, but I think there's a lot more out there to make a daily driver miata a track car (as they have several race divisions they dominate in) Botth can be made in to trackable street cars (or streetable track cars).

Advertisement