MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #161
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

[QUOTE=vagabundo;3003654]If the two up rider was aware he was about to be passed in his own lane, and scooted over, no big deal. However if he didnt, not cool. As a matter of fact if it was me being passed in my own lane without allowing it, you better keep going because now we've got BEEF![/QUOTE]

+1
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
zx14 jdon General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 05-08-2013 01:24 PM
New ZX14.... ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-17-2011 06:32 AM
ZX14 Lokati General Discussion (Moto Related) 151 10-26-2010 08:16 AM
ZX14 Dre_Day General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 03-23-2006 01:18 AM
ZX14 ? jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-17-2006 01:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #162
Houston Terrell

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DRZ 400SM

O yea, I'm Slower then all you fookers. HOW YA LIKE THAT ! Ill still be at the starbucks when you all finish your ride im sooo slloooww. Thats how I do it. Bahah anyway you re-tards better be at the STARBUCKS tonight for the motard ride. I dont wanna hear "my fingers hurt from keyboard fighting all day long"
Old 08-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #163
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
I know where I was, I saw your dopey in the same group. I don't actually NEED YOU to tell me where I was. Must be the fastest ZX14 i have seen!
obviously i was in front of you because i never even saw you..... what i do remember is a new guy trying to stick in the front group trying to show off his weak wheelies down 99, later crazy angel picked up the front and the wheelie contest was pretty much over from that point, then we hit a few turns and the new guy slammed on the brake going into the turn so i went around him followed by 3-4 other riders, then we pulled over to the shell station and the new guy took off that is the only time i remember a new guy trying to ride in the front when i was still riding my ducati.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #164
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabundo View Post
If the two up rider was aware he was about to be passed in his own lane, and scooted over, no big deal. However if he didnt, not cool. As a matter of fact if it was me being passed in my own lane without allowing it, you better keep going because now we've got BEEF!
here are some pics from the video where you can clearly see that both riders in front moved to the inside lane and let the faster rider go around easier.

during normal riding who would stick so close to the inside lane having so much space to the left?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s1.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	47927   Click image for larger version

Name:	s2.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	47928   Click image for larger version

Name:	s3.JPG
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	47929  

Click image for larger version

Name:	s4.JPG
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	47930   Click image for larger version

Name:	s5.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	47931  

Last edited by sunday_rider; 08-23-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #165
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
obviously i was in front of you because i never even saw you..... what i do remember is a new guy trying to stick in the front group trying to show off his weak wheelies down 99, later crazy angel picked up the front and the wheelie contest was pretty much over from that point, then we hit a few turns and the new guy slammed on the brake going into the turn so i went around him followed by 3-4 other riders, then we pulled over to the shell station and the new guy took off that is the only time i remember a new guy trying to ride in the front when i was still riding my ducati.
so did you see him or did you not see him?

and

bananas
Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #166
grsa

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
can we get this thread archived when we're done?
server space may be an issue.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #167
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
izx14video
sure looks like he is in the same lane passing in a turn but im sure its some crazy angle from the gopro that is making it look that way right?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #168
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
now all of a sudden I WAS in your group? dude make up your mind. Someone go back in this thread and count the contradictions.

What bike was I on trying to "wheelie contest" I never saw anyone else pick up the front, and I only picked mine up for like a second out of the exxon on 359 and 10. Followed your group (which no more than a few minutes ago I wasn't even in according to you, and now by YOUR admission I was) then told Floyd I was out, and left, and it wasn't at any Shell. It was at the stop sign at the end of 359.

Clearly you have no idea who I am, and you're just pulling stories out of your .

Frankly () I'm tired of this back and forth. Just try not to kill yourself or anyone else.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #169
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
so did you see him or did you not see him?

and

bananas
two contradictions in one fell swoop..
Old 08-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #170
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
sure looks like he is in the same lane passing in a turn but im sure its some crazy angle from the gopro that is making it look that way right?
He's not in the same lane, Colonel is clearly riding on the shoulder of that road.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #171
green600
HG Chairperson

I have not posted in this thread
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #172
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
now all of a sudden I WAS in your group? dude make up your mind. Someone go back in this thread and count the contradictions.

What bike was I on trying to "wheelie contest" I never saw anyone else pick up the front, and I only picked mine up for like a second out of the exxon on 359 and 10. Followed your group (which no more than a few minutes ago I wasn't even in according to you, and now by YOUR admission I was) then told Floyd I was out, and left, and it wasn't at any Shell. It was at the stop sign at the end of 359.

Clearly you have no idea who I am, and you're just pulling stories out of your .

Frankly () I'm tired of this back and forth. Just try not to kill yourself or anyone else.
then that was you..... never saw your face and dont even remember what bike you rode, this incident stuck in my mind because they were all about your cornering skills at the station. If you knew any better crazy angel or aka grandpa wheelie is always doing wheelies and endos so you must have blacked it out, anybody that have ridden with us know about this fact. There are no contradictions, just never imagined that the that couldnt turn was actually you

and FYI, what you joined was the first half part of our ride, we started from point A going to point B, so all that riding to us it was just cruising speed..... you took off before getting to point B!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #173
Houston Terrell

Bike(s):
DRZ 400SM

I cannot believe I have read this whole thread. It kinda makes me wanna go run some people off the road tho.... Just sayin Mr F prehaps.......

Last edited by Houston Terrell; 08-23-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #174
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

I have been warned about SMR and now its official......

A BUNCH OF THAT !!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #175
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
He's not in the same lane, Colonel is clearly riding on the shoulder of that road.
+1 colonel was riding on the shoulder even before the pass, if he didnt know about the pass why would he ride on the shoulder?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #176
350zaid

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R

Member Garage

tCp90
Old 08-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #177
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Quote:
+1 colonel was riding on the shoulder even before the pass, if he didnt know about the pass why would he ride on the shoulder?
I don't understand the "thumbs up". This doesn't make that situation any safer.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #178
CCH
Innocent Bystander

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage

Quote:
Yes the track is a safer environment because there are no cars, cops, etc but i have seen more people go down at a single track day than a year of riding on the streets.
Absolutely! They usually die in horrrible fireballs or get their necks broken because they were stupid enough to wear helmets. If everyone would just stick to the streets, motorcycles would be a lot safer. Come on.

Who gives a if more crashes happen on the track, IT'S A SAFER PLACE TO CRASH. That's kinda the point of everyone talking about how fast is "too fast" on a given public road. We've all broken traffic laws and speed limits. I've never driven or ridden a day where I didn't - but there's a threshhold that crosses from imprudent to pure stupidity.

No, I'll get the obvious out of the way - I've never done an SMR. I don't want to. I'm past the my 's bigger than yours phase. I made it to my 40s and have an awesome life, the best family and a lot to live for.

I can say this about my days riding the mountains in the Southeast - some of the guys that I saw pushing it to 110% on the Cherahola, Richard Russel, the Gap, Blood Mountain ETC. eventually made it out to the track. Good for them. I also noticed that they were getting passed there by some of us that they were constantly flying by in the mountains. We were holding back up there, and they were not. This "come out on Sunday and I'll show you how fast I am" bullshit is just that. Bullshit. Some folks have the sense to hold a little in reserve when they're on a public road.

Maybe you do a ton of trackdays, but I seem to recall that you've never been. I apologize if I'm wrong. I have not done one in years myself, but have been to what seems like every track in the Southeast on 2 or 4 wheels over the years. You have the financial means (and good for you, in all seriousness I truly applaud your hard work and business sense) to have several track only bikes and/or fund several seasons of racing. You should try it. Your perspective on what's safe might change and your skillset would get a whole new level on it. I'm not a hater, I just think that it's only a matter of time before one of your group dies. I don't know how much more blunt I can be, and I truly hope that isn't the case. I wish you the best, but think that from what I've seen on some of the vids that it's only a matter of time. I've seen the sheet pulled over some good folks.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #179
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
I don't understand the "thumbs up". This doesn't make that situation any safer.
if you look at the pics, there was plenty of room to make the pass, and colonel was riding on the shoulder because he already saw it coming and wasnt spooked like other think.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #180
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
You sure don't undertand sarcasm to well either
Closed Thread

Advertisement