MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #81
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
...we are so used to it by now that i do not see the danger of it at all.... same deal with passing in turns, we see a fair share of it in the front group...
that's called complacency.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
zx14 jdon General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 05-08-2013 01:24 PM
New ZX14.... ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-17-2011 06:32 AM
ZX14 Lokati General Discussion (Moto Related) 151 10-26-2010 08:16 AM
ZX14 Dre_Day General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 03-23-2006 01:18 AM
ZX14 ? jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 03-17-2006 01:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #82
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
that.... I do this road from time to time but I have avoided it on Sunday mornings for obvious reasons posted in your video.

And sure school me on the ONE road you hit up week after weak after weak......
but come on, why you pass judgification? Why?! WHY!!?>!?!?#Fioe
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #83
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
nobody got run off the road colonel saw the pass coming so he moved to the right ahead of time. About passing people on one wheel.... we are so used to it by now that i do not see the danger of it at all.... same deal with passing in turns, we see a fair share of it in the front group so our perspective is a bit more different that the guys in the second group.
so youre saying that its the norm for people to pass each other on a curve and in their own lane, and that it happens so often that theyre ready for it?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #84
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
so youre saying that its the norm for people to pass each other on a curve and in their own lane, and that it happens so often that theyre ready for it?
no no, he's saying it happens so often that when it happens now it's completely safe.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #85
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
our rides are not noob friendly so people join us are used to getting passed in turns given the passing rider uses the other lane to make the pass safely!
No thats what he said ^

Quote:
Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #86
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
no no, he's saying it happens so often that when it happens now it's completely safe.
makes way more sense
Old 08-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #87
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

how the did I miss this thread??? !!! and my whole morning was soooo slow I could had killed lots of time. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #88
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

that guy riding two up crossed the white line and was ONE INCH away from going into the gravel on the side of the road. He looks like got spooked and swerved to far to the inside. Bad pass. No need for that when you have miles of straight road to pass on. It's like passing over the crest of a hill. You should either do it before or after. Edit the straights out too and start the intro with a cool screen that says something like "Borrowed time productions presents" "In association with Sunday Funday Studios." Needed some music too. Maybe some Willie Nelson. Let us have another video to critique please.

Last edited by brandontx; 08-23-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #89
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
how the did I miss this thread??? !!! and my whole morning was soooo slow I could had killed lots of time. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!
hey! you watch your mouf kind sir!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #90
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Its not too late.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #91
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:

Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #92
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
Its not too late.
In fact, I believe it has just gotten started.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #93
green600
HG Chairperson

Old 08-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #94
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
i am pretty used to people passing on turns and i am sure people in the front group are used to it by now. look, we have been doing this for more than 6 years and not once we have had an accident due to the people in the front group passing each other! Once again, our rides are not for everyone for sure but given the statistics of other group rides, i think our accident numbers are fairly small compared to others that were supposed to be more controlled, organized and noob friendly!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #95
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
hahahahaha man you missed the part about you riding like mrs daisy on the turns..... his estimate was 60 mph
Old 08-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #96
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
hahahahaha man you missed the part about you riding like mrs daisy on the turns..... his estimate was 60 mph
you should really take an English reading comprehension class. I feel like nothing I've said to you has been understood, let me hit google translate and put it into symbols that you can understand.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #97
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
most of the turns are 110+ and passing in the same lane while we push the other bike over the white line

Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #98
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

I miss these videos you would post up every Tuesday from the ride over the weekend. It's like an interactive Jersey Shore thingie. Lots of drama and douchebaggery. Plus I'm always lazy on Tuesdays so it helps pass the time. My favorite was the one with the guys chasing the old lady in a white Buick because she was driving too slow or made a bad pass, I can't recall which. And then out of no where there was a bike parked in the middle of the road and the guys that were chasing the car fly by at like a 100+ barely missing that idiot. Put one of those up. I still have a couple hours to kill.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #99
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
that guy riding two up crossed the white line and was ONE INCH away from going into the gravel on the side of the road. He looks like got spooked and swerved to far to the inside. Bad pass. No need for that when you have miles of straight road to pass on. It's like passing over the crest of a hill. You should either do it before or after. Edit the straights out too and start the intro with a cool screen that says something like "Borrowed time productions presents" "In association with Sunday Funday Studios." Needed some music too. Maybe some Willie Nelson. Let us have another video to critique please.
you got it all wrong he saw that pass even before going into the turn so he did not get spooked by the pass instead he was making more room to facilitate the pass!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #100
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Failso, I see you used my name here buddy! thats so not cool sir!

it! I dont give a rat's ... I like all you guys ether way.

Frank, Mr F has been to our Sunday rides... acutally... most of the people here on MH have been.
The problem is that some people ride more agresive then others and thats why some people dont like the way most of you guys ride out there.

Yes I used to be like that because I love speed... I would push it and didnt care what would happen, but now.. I do my pushing at the track, I rip the throttle open with out having to worry about cops, cars and other on the road.. yes! still having the chance to crash and go down, and go to the hospital or even ride the helicopter just like any where else on the streets...

We can stop all the bullshit guys! we know each other and we have riding before.. there is no need to keep putting wood in the fire (unless you really have nothing else to do the rest of the day...)

For the recod. most people that ride SMR are very closed friends and more of regulards, I know how Frank and others ride....
some people push it on the free way getting pulled over coming from galveston (you know who you are^^^) others get pulled over for doing wheelies on the freeway (yes... you too^^) but now what? we are all different now.. we dont do anything elegal.. we got a bike to do the speed limit?? some people learn the hard way and others learn before that happens.. people at the track (who only do track days now) have been there and done that...

Any ways... I just like how someone post one video of LOCAL friends riding STUPID on some back roads and everyone else whats to talk when we all been there and done that!... same thing different day..

Now... lets talk about wednesday night when people do route nights!
thats just another topic.

AND YES.. I know.. My english sucks! so be it!
Closed Thread

Advertisement