MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #81
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,385

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Your crash was Bush's fault.
No! BLAME CANADA! *cue song*
__________________
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Russia with love - Motorcycle wreck video LCLF Brain Motorcycle News & Media 4 03-10-2015 10:38 AM
Almost Endo Wreck Video MSRH 2/7/15 Jenk's Taking it to the Track 141 02-19-2015 04:24 PM
Video of My Wreck during Friday Practice ThomAss Event Pics and Vids 9 02-19-2013 10:38 AM
a Video of my wreck 7-1-2012 Kodak General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 07-21-2012 02:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #82
TexasCBR1000rr
Honda Rules
 
TexasCBR1000rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 555

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 HONDA CBR 1000RR




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
Glad to see you're on the road to recovery. It's time for a new helmet!
new helmet and jacket ems cut mine off
__________________
TexasCBR1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #83
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,868

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
i think target fixation was the problem. Going into the the turn he already slowed down from 70 to 50s but didnt lean enough so the bike went straight, he tried to counter steer but it was too late already. Look closely from the reflections on his dashboard, his head never looked in the direction of the turn, instead he focused on what is in front of him.
What's up Frank?
I saw the same, except it looked like he locked up the rear and then let go of the rear break causing a high side.

Texascbr1000rr;
Glad you are going to recover. Sorry that happened to you. It's hot as out there you might think of getting a camelbak. I got one a few months ago, and having the hydration really helps me on thoes 300+ mile rides.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #84
NICKR1
I eat my r1
 
NICKR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern California
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 749

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











easy to critique someones mistakes.

glad your ok man
NICKR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #85
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_gsxr600 View Post
What's up Frank?
I saw the same, except it looked like he locked up the rear and then let go of the rear break causing a high side.

Texascbr1000rr;
Glad you are going to recover. Sorry that happened to you. It's hot as out there you might think of getting a camelbak. I got one a few months ago, and having the hydration really helps me on thoes 300+ mile rides.
Hey buddy doing great, just wishing for cooler weather so i can ride more!
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #86
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,868

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCBR1000rr View Post
ok why do some of you say im in experienced thats cuz ive ridden the forrest about 6 times and been to the track and street ridding for about 3 yrs, so you cant blame my riding, the video shows me having almost no reaction beside counter steer and braking on a turn i could have made. right before i went down my vision was goin black i dont even remember wrecking until i woke up it knocked my out cold and no i wasn't trying to catch up with the group or be a group leader i was just trying to have fun. so plz stop saying things im not doing. and to those who want my speedy recovery thank you i hope to have you and be back on the road one again riding with my friends
Sorry, wasen't being mean or judging your riding skills. I was only judging the video. Hope you recover soon and get back to riding.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #87
ALLWAYS12
WHAT IT DO!
 
ALLWAYS12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PEARLAND
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 446

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
05 6RR FIGHTER, 09 675, 04 636, 99 GASGAS TRIALS, 01 XR50R
03 6RR 11-14-11 RIP
SOLD: 00 F4, 02 F4I, 03 R1, 05 GSXR 6,







chris.. chris.. chris of the jungle, WATCH OUT for that turn!
ALLWAYS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #88
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_gsxr600 View Post
What's up Frank?
I saw the same, except it looked like he locked up the rear and then let go of the rear break causing a high side.
Didn't look like a high side to me?
__________________
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Wilde
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #89
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLWAYS12 View Post
chris.. chris.. chris of the jungle, WATCH OUT for that turn!
I actually sang that....
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #90
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,868

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Didn't look like a high side to me?
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #91
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up
 
AYEELE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 3,089

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6






hope you recover asap. people just telling you how it is.. yeah yo ego is hurt.. but you live and learn. the best drivers/racers even crash.
__________________
AYEELE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #92
Teela
his dirty little secret
 
Teela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kingwood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,126

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2007 gsxr-600









Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Your crash was Bush's fault.
More like Obama's fault
Teela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #93
Lucar
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,825

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





wonder why most can't get insurance coverage when they go down!
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #94
mkgsxr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atascosita
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 6,081

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT








User is banned

.
mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #95
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






To the OP, thank you for posting the video.

Glad you are OK and will live to ride again. We all crash, it happens.

You will get comments, and they suck to hear, usually because we all have egos. The fact is, My P nailed it. I am sure it wasn't meant to be hurtful, but understanding why people crash helps possibly save others from doing the same. As mentioned, I think we are all thankful you didn't do that when a car full of kids and a soccer mom were coming the other way.

I posted up my accident on 3090 a while back (over a year ago). A few comments here and there, but the reality is, it was all on me for making a mistake.

This go around it is your mistake; you need to step back and consider the ramifications to others on the road, yourself, and your family for making an error. You need to own it and learn from it. Saying you passed out sounds good early on as you try to come to terms with it, but you'll wrap your head around it eventually. BTW, if you stick with that and truly believe that (only you really know), it is still your error to continue riding when you should have stopped.

As for getting upset on the inexperienced comments, your gonna have to deal with it. I have been riding a long time and I still take classes (usually from younger racers/riders) and learn something new every time. We as motorcyclists can always learn more to become safer riders.

I wish you a speedy recovery and sincerely thank you for posting the footage.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #96
Supa Dave
The Chupacabra
 
Supa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,818

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSX-R 600
KX250 (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCBR1000rr View Post
ok why do some of you say im in experienced thats cuz ive ridden the forrest about 6 times and been to the track and street ridding for about 3 yrs, so you cant blame my riding, the video shows me having almost no reaction beside counter steer and braking on a turn i could have made. right before i went down my vision was goin black i dont even remember wrecking until i woke up it knocked my out cold and no i wasn't trying to catch up with the group or be a group leader i was just trying to have fun. so plz stop saying things im not doing. and to those who want my speedy recovery thank you i hope to have you and be back on the road one again riding with my friends
if you dont want to critiqued then dont post ur vid on a mc forum. aggressive riding really has no place on the streets. take it to the track, learn from some pros, and have a lot more fun than u just had in that video
__________________
"I wake up in the morning and excellence"
Supa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #97
AngusTEx
Hang the up & DRIVE
 
AngusTEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 297

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Honduh









Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
To the OP, thank you for posting the video.

Glad you are OK and will live to ride again. We all crash, it happens.

You will get comments, and they suck to hear, usually because we all have egos. The fact is, My P nailed it. I am sure it wasn't meant to be hurtful, but understanding why people crash helps possibly save others from doing the same. As mentioned, I think we are all thankful you didn't do that when a car full of kids and a soccer mom were coming the other way.

I posted up my accident on 3090 a while back (over a year ago). A few comments here and there, but the reality is, it was all on me for making a mistake.

This go around it is your mistake; you need to step back and consider the ramifications to others on the road, yourself, and your family for making an error. You need to own it and learn from it. Saying you passed out sounds good early on as you try to come to terms with it, but you'll wrap your head around it eventually. BTW, if you stick with that and truly believe that (only you really know), it is still your error to continue riding when you should have stopped.

As for getting upset on the inexperienced comments, your gonna have to deal with it. I have been riding a long time and I still take classes (usually from younger racers/riders) and learn something new every time. We as motorcyclists can always learn more to become safer riders.

I wish you a speedy recovery and sincerely thank you for posting the footage.
AngusTEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #98
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #99
forestkiller
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 41












User is banned

.
forestkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #100
ArtistMarty
Senior Member
 
ArtistMarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,064

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse









Quote:
Originally Posted by forestkiller View Post
take riding posted speeds are 15 over to the track? Thats got to be the most over used saying in the history of MC's

I dont think so.................

"R.I.P."

or

"Squid"

is the most overused saying

"take it to the track" is an experienced riders helpful comment to an inexperienced rider....

this crash video demonstrates the inexperienced reaction of an untrained rider.
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy