MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2006, 02:59 AM   #41
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
oh, me too . dont get me wrong.

rossi is the rider of the decade for sure.

but hayden is THE rider of the year, this year.

so if you dont mind (and even if you do) im gonna be gloating for about the next 364 days or so at least.

btw, i find it hilarious over half the people in the poll voted rossi to win it. now that he didnt no one seems to want to talk about it.

i didnt catch the race, just saw the result and read rossi low-sided.

whats the deal, how did it happen? obviously no one hit him or anything, im sure that would be huge news. no one seems to be blaming tires or anything else for his low-side. so far im assuming it was rossi's own mistake, unless someone gives me reason to believe otherwise.

kind of ironic, since rossi took the pole he got another point. that gave him a 9 point lead at the gun. all he had to do was follow nicky, depending on the positions it might have even been posible for rossi to be 2 places back of nicky, and still take the chamionship.

seems like a dumb move to be out in first and take a lowside, when all he had to do was go out and pretend to race to win.

and for all the people that point out rossi's 3 DNF's. well he had a 9 point lead at the gun, afaik no one crowded rossi, bumped him, ive heard no complaints about tires or bike. seems to me like it came down to the wire and rossi has no one to blame but himself. rossi had more than enough talent to win the race today, but he didnt.

...i think his own mind games caught up to him.

its not rossi's style to win a championship by placing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in the last race. he wanted to win the race and the championship and have all the glory to himself, and be super smooth. he pushed it too hard and gave it all away, gave it all up. so there it went to the next deserving racer.

y'all are going to really disagree with my next statement, but i suspect rossi will have problems next year too. its just a hunch, but i had a hunch hayden was gonna win this year, so? i think rossi's main problem next year is gonna be himself. yes he is uber talented, but honestly, there isnt that much of a gap. in motogp winners win by nano seconds. everyone will be on new bikes next year too.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Qualifying MotoGP Valencia SPOILERS Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 11-09-2014 06:20 PM
WSBK Valencia *possible spoilers* tiatool Taking it to the Track 37 04-02-2009 04:43 PM
Valencia Qualifying (SPOILERS) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 26 11-05-2007 08:44 PM
Valencia Race (spoilers) ArturoC Taking it to the Track 1 11-04-2007 05:32 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #42
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

OMG!

congrats to nicky for the championship!

kinda anti-climactic though
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #43
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
oh, me too . dont get me wrong.

rossi is the rider of the decade for sure.

but hayden is THE rider of the year, this year.

so if you dont mind (and even if you do) im gonna be gloating for about the next 364 days or so at least.

btw, i find it hilarious over half the people in the poll voted rossi to win it. now that he didnt no one seems to want to talk about it.

i didnt catch the race, just saw the result and read rossi low-sided.

whats the deal, how did it happen? obviously no one hit him or anything, im sure that would be huge news. no one seems to be blaming tires or anything else for his low-side. so far im assuming it was rossi's own mistake, unless someone gives me reason to believe otherwise.

kind of ironic, since rossi took the pole he got another point. that gave him a 9 point lead at the gun. all he had to do was follow nicky, depending on the positions it might have even been posible for rossi to be 2 places back of nicky, and still take the chamionship.

seems like a dumb move to be out in first and take a lowside, when all he had to do was go out and pretend to race to win.

and for all the people that point out rossi's 3 DNF's. well he had a 9 point lead at the gun, afaik no one crowded rossi, bumped him, ive heard no complaints about tires or bike. seems to me like it came down to the wire and rossi has no one to blame but himself. rossi had more than enough talent to win the race today, but he didnt.

...i think his own mind games caught up to him.

its not rossi's style to win a championship by placing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in the last race. he wanted to win the race and the championship and have all the glory to himself, and be super smooth. he pushed it too hard and gave it all away, gave it all up. so there it went to the next deserving racer.
y'all are going to really disagree with my next statement, but i suspect rossi will have problems next year too. its just a hunch, but i had a hunch hayden was gonna win this year, so? i think rossi's main problem next year is gonna be himself. yes he is uber talented, but honestly, there isnt that much of a gap. in motogp winners win by nano seconds. everyone will be on new bikes next year too.
rossi was in 7th whrn he wrecked not up front and since you know what's going on in his head. please tell us where's his home address so we can steal that m1 that yamaha gave him.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #44
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #45
Tumper
Hullo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Quote:

Yeah I have to agree with Chris24, where are all of the Hayden haters today? I seem to remember a lot of smack talk before the race. Where are you now?

Quote:
BLACKWIDOW Wrote:
Don't even get me started dude..

your 69 will never be more then 46...

your 69 had 1 DNF, and 46 had 3 DNFs...I call

Its pure luck is what Hayden had..i'm not gonna call it a racing incident - just pure luck!

Everybody knows (including Hayden fans that are sane) that Rossi is a far better rider then Hayden - Hayden just got lucky this race, and pretty much his consistency paid off. Watch next year with No Pedrosa backing and Rossi looking for Revenge...

Say what you want - but ask any one, whose the better rider..and you'll get your answer..
Um yeah, there's an old saying that you make your own luck, and by staying consistent and fighting through a faulty clutch all year, Nicky created quite a bit of "luck" for himself. And as far as Rossi being a better rider than Nicky, he wasn't on Sunday when it counted most. He lowsided with no one to blame but himself.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #46
paniro187

the "faulty clutch was fixed a coup[le races ago. so the cltch issue is played out. please and by the way rossi has 5 championships in a row wha'ts a year of bad luck without winning one. how many dnfs did he have this year. LOL and still only lost the championship by 6 points tha'ts quite a accomplishment. or you could say that shows how crappy of a year everyone else had.....LOL i'm a hayden hater and I'm glad he got his championship out of the way. It won't happen again but hey it's cool to get one even if you're alex hoffman. 800cc will mean higher corner speed I don't think tha'ts his style but hey we will see. Rossi capi and most others came up through 125s and 250s they know corner speed anyway we will see.

46>69

Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #47
Tumper
Hullo

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

^^^
Sour Grapes. Face it, Rossi lost of his own fault, no one wrecked him, he didn't have a bike failure, no tire failure, no debris on the track. He was in control of the championship and he lost it. On that day, he was not the better man.

When Rossii crashed in practice during mid season and broke his hand, again no one's fault but his own. That cost him points as well in the next two races.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #48
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumper
^^^
Sour Grapes. Face it, Rossi lost of his own fault, no one wrecked him, he didn't have a bike failure, no tire failure, no debris on the track. He was in control of the championship and he lost it. On that day, he was not the better man.

When Rossii crashed in practice during mid season and broke his hand, again no one's fault but his own. That cost him points as well in the next two races.
Not sour grapes at all. I said I'm happy he got his championship someone had to benefit from others misfortunes this season and I'm glad the Nicky got it. Elias offed Rossi in race one. engine failed in another race, tire farked up at Laguna, and tire chunked again in another race. still lost by 6 points after low siding in the final race that's pretty good, huh. LOL 5 championships (winning it with like 3 races to go in each) vs. 1 championship down to the last race even with the main contender having that bad of a season.

hmmmm let's do the math. :laughing6

roll on 800cc

Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #49
Tumper
Hullo

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

No one is questioning Rossi's past dominance.

Please read again, I said on that day he was not the better rider, not overall career. And according to the points he wasn't the best racer this year either.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #50
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumper
No one is questioning Rossi's past dominance.

Please read again, I said on that day he was not the better rider, not overall career. And according to the points he wasn't the best racer this year either.
I'd still have to give him the mvp and best rider this year cause if you give nicky 3 dnfs where woiuld his points be. Rossi had 3 dnfs and he still came up only 6 short. still not the championship I know but a amazing accomplishment and certainly the best rider of the year.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #51
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Go Nicky!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #52
Tumper
Hullo

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

NI-CKY! NI-CKY! NI-CKY!
Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!
:icon_bigg :notworthy

Sorry I just can't help it.:icon_bigg
Old 10-30-2006, 11:23 AM   #53
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
I'd still have to give him the mvp and best rider this year cause if you give nicky 3 dnfs where woiuld his points be. Rossi had 3 dnfs and he still came up only 6 short. still not the championship I know but a amazing accomplishment and certainly the best rider of the year.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Rossi had an off year. Nicki fought thru an indifferent team, a bad clutch for all but the last 3 races of the year, and didn't choke in the last race, when it counted. Consistancy does count for something.

Rossi was dropping fast when he fell, and probably would have finished about the same place.

Not to mention Rossi has been running this class and bike for what, 6 years now? Give some props to the kid in his 3rd year.

And I don't expect corner speeds to be all that much higher for the 800's. Hp will be down a miniscule amount, but overall weight will be right about the same. Pedrosa was on an 800 for the last part of the year, and ran about the same.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #54
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Go Nicky!
right on

Old 10-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #55
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

so if MotoGP had a MVP who would get it? The Champ or the first loser?

Nicky was the better racer this year, but since Rossi overcame A LOT of problems and 51 points to be only 8-9 points ahead in the last race, and that says a lot. Oh well, Ncky won it this year, but for yall to say Nicky is better this far in his career than Rossi, well no rebutle is needed, !
Old 10-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #56
paniro187

from cycle news.

VALENCIA, SPAIN, OCT 29: Valentino Rossi started badly in the most important grand prix of the year adn never recovered.

The seven-time World Champion wheelied at the start of the season-ending Valencia Grand Prix and found himself deep in the pack into the first turn.

“From that moment was difficult, because we know we have to defend and to struggle in the first laps,” he said.

The problem was that the motor on his Camel Yamaha M1 wasn’t getting any air. He was stuck between Casey Stoner and Chris Vermeulen, two MotoGP rookies, and losing power as the temperature increased. It peaked at 120 Celsius, a figure he believes robbed the engine of 15 percent of its power.

Which meant that he could stay in the draft of Stoner’s Honda RC211V, but couldn’t pass. “And for that reason I push a little bit too much and make the mistake,” he said.

The mistake was losing the front in the turn-two hairpin. It came on the fifth of 30 laps while he was in seventh, a simple front end tuck that sent him into the gravel trap.

“I try to make that turn two, that hairpin, 400 times during the practice like at the limit because is a bad corner,” he said. “So push and push on the front for understand if is okay and in the practice was always okay. I don’t check the data, but for sure the speed is exactly the same. But I lost the bike and I crash.”

The M1 wasn’t terminally damaged, though the controls and pegs weren’t right. Still, he soldiered on, trying to cut into Hayden’s lead and hoping to get to eighth, where he would still secure the title if Hayden finished third. But Rossi stalled at 13th, unable to run anywhere near the lap times of the leaders with the damaged M1. His five-year championship run was over. And Repsol Honda’s Nicky Hayden became the only other rider to win a 990cc MotoGP World Championship.

“I’m very happy about Nicky [Hayden] winning the title,” Rossi graciously said. “In my personal ranking, if I don’t win, Nicky is my favorite, because is a great guy, apart of a great rider. We fight a lot this year on the last race for the championship, but our relationship out of the track is exactly the same as 2003 when Nicky arrive in Honda. This is not easy for this sport, for this type of sport, this type of riders.

“I like him, I like his family. For example, his father [Earl] come personally to my motorhome after Portugal to make congratulations after Nicky crash, so I say, f---, is very much a gentleman. He’s a gentleman when [Dani] Pedrosa touch him always. I think he deserves the championship.”

Old 10-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #57
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
“I like him, I like his family. For example, his father [Earl] come personally to my motorhome after Portugal to make congratulations after Nicky crash, so I say, f---, is very much a gentleman. He’s a gentleman when [Dani] Pedrosa touch him always. I think he deserves the championship.”

i can picture Rossi saying this with his italian slang :laughing6
Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #58
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

much respect for rossi's sportmanship! let alone his skill.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #59
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
...Ncky won it this year, but for yall to say Nicky is better this far in his career than Rossi, well no rebutle is needed, !
Exactly

I was going to write out a lil reply to certain things that were said but decided against because certain things should be common sense. As for those that voted for rossi to win, we did so because he was more than likely the favored rider for the day. Congrats to Nicky but lets not swing on um too hard... Rossi is the overall better rider, this is undisputable.
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #60
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA
Exactly

I was going to write out a lil reply to certain things that were said but decided against because certain things should be common sense. As for those that voted for rossi to win, we did so because he was more than likely the favored rider for the day. Congrats to Nicky but lets not swing on um too hard... Rossi is the overall better rider, this is undisputable.
let me reply for the hayden nut swingers...

but hayden had clutch problems and honda didnt give good orders and hayden won the championship this year :laughing6

Advertisement