MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Super Motards
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #41
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

trail tech has amazing customer service. i've been shooting emails back and forth with them all day long for the last couple weeks.

thanks for the info on the 68-a, i'm soon about to start another bonded title process so if that comes up, at least I'll understand.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**** so it starts.. or does it? Lucar The Circus 20 10-11-2013 01:09 PM
And it starts.... cedestech The Circus 4 05-12-2012 08:27 PM
Old School GP Starts Racer997 Taking it to the Track 19 07-03-2009 07:20 PM
AMA STARTS IN 30 CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 11 08-19-2007 08:43 PM
getting off of work right when traffic starts! AznGoneNuts Off Topic 8 02-20-2007 10:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #42
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
trail tech has amazing customer service. i've been shooting emails back and forth with them all day long for the last couple weeks.

thanks for the info on the 68-a, i'm soon about to start another bonded title process so if that comes up, at least I'll understand.
for someone who knew I wasn't going to end up buying anything from them at that particular moment the guy I spoke to was especially friendly and helpful. My speedo will definitely be a trailtech, I mean it's the obvious choice anyway.

And I'll keep this updated, I'm probably going to do the 68-a deal the week after next, so we'll see what happens.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #43
zombiejesus
braaaaiiiiinssss

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #44
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiejesus View Post
Come by if you have any free time this week, I'll let you ride it around the neighborhood.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #45
tankmonkey

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
sv650s (race)
ninja 250r (race)
crf450x motard (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
as far as lighting, I had to hunt down a stator, but I've got one on the way. I'll just run an ac regulator, and headlights/taillights.
be aware that the ac current will eventually kill your horn if you're running one (even the ones that say they are ac/dc compatible).

on my old ktm (also an ac regulator bike), I would ONLY use the horn to pass inspection because it would last like 5-6 honks until it stopped working completely and had to be replaced.

the lights and my trail tech vapor had no issues dealing with the ac current, though.
tankmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #46
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankmonkey View Post
be aware that the ac current will eventually kill your horn if you're running one (even the ones that say they are ac/dc compatible).

on my old ktm (also an ac regulator bike), I would ONLY use the horn to pass inspection because it would last like 5-6 honks until it stopped working completely and had to be replaced.

the lights and my trail tech vapor had no issues dealing with the ac current, though.
I've got one of those squeeze horns to pass inspection

I originally bought it for when I was going to plate the 50 but that never happened. Thanks for the tip though, good lookin' out
Old 09-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #47
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankmonkey View Post

Are you guys not installing rectifiers on your bikes? You really should.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #48
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

a rectifier isn't really needed for most components. you also lose some power when you pass the AC through it.

for what I plan on running, I need a rectifier.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #49
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

I will be using a rectifier as the kx apparently already has a rectifier... according to the service manual at least. I was in Chicago all last week so I still haven't messed with it to find out, but if the manual says it's there, odds are it is.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #50
A lil 'tarded

Bike(s):
2007 WR450 Supermoto
2004 Honda 50 - Supermoto

Bump....
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #51
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

I can't believe that I'm still trying to get this thing plated. The DMV regional office in Houston wants this 68a form but every theft unit I speak to about getting it done tells me I've been told wrong and to call the title division of the DMV. I call Austin and they're telling me the regional office in Houston has misinformed me and that I need to call them, guess what the regional office has to say when I do that?

Getting pretty fed up and tired of all this bullshit. I might give up if I don't get somewhere soon.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #52
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

The bike that may never be, as it sits now...

IMG 20111112 174148
Old 11-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #53
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Dam.... DMV

Someone on here said their mom works at the dmv maybe they could help?
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #54
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Please get that thing plated. How am I going to borrow it if you can't even get it legal?
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #55
triumphant675r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple

Member Garage

You need am agent tag, from a dealer. then you don't even need inspection or anything!

I'm hopefully getting wheels, tires, and a few other things for the 150F shortly, and I'll be dealing with the whole no title thing.
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #56
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

hopefully getting somewhere, lady at the DMV called me earlier to tell me it will need to be titled as reconstructed... Sounded like a load of to me. She looked into it some more and called me back. Apparently my terminology with "converted for road use" is confusing the Rhodes scholars down at the local tax office. She now wants me to go in there and apply for a corrected title to correct the problem with the body style, and when they ask what I've done to the vehicle she wants me to say it was "made road ready" not "converted for road use" fingers crossed...
Old 11-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #57
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
hopefully getting somewhere, lady at the DMV called me earlier to tell me it will need to be titled as reconstructed... Sounded like a load of to me. She looked into it some more and called me back. Apparently my terminology with "converted for road use" is confusing the Rhodes scholars down at the local tax office. She now wants me to go in there and apply for a corrected title to correct the problem with the body style, and when they ask what I've done to the vehicle she wants me to say it was "made road ready" not "converted for road use" fingers crossed...
This worked, got my plate this morning!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #58
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #59
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Hells yes! You have got to let me ride that thing. We'll swap wives for a bit one Tuesday.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #60
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Had some free time at work on thursday and came up with some kx-sm decals out of an old kfx logo. Which one do you guys like?

IMG 20111117 171000

I'm leaning towards the last one.

Advertisement