MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Super Motards
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #21
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Looking good homie. Gotta bring that up to the Gap.
If it's ready and street legal in time for the October run, it'll be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan View Post
Glad I could help hommie. Sorry the 160 was too big. Bring it back when you get the 150 I'll yank off the old one and put the new one on for free. Lookin good!
sorry for what? not your fault, and you're taking my money it, either that or I'll bribe you with more food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
ya, I picked up an electrosport stator, a small trail tech battery, and a trail tech regulator/rectifier. I am going to install the battery in the air box and run a HID front head light. My bike was capable from the factory of running a 20W or 35W halogen in AC, but I needed more light for a woods race I am trying to prep for.

Electrical is not really my forte, but it is something that I understand.
55watt hid kit... Just make sure it's going in a glass housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
that powerband is gonna be insane on the concrete with that set-up!
I KNOW!!! I can't wait
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**** so it starts.. or does it? Lucar The Circus 20 10-11-2013 01:09 PM
And it starts.... cedestech The Circus 4 05-12-2012 08:27 PM
Old School GP Starts Racer997 Taking it to the Track 19 07-03-2009 07:20 PM
AMA STARTS IN 30 CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 11 08-19-2007 08:43 PM
getting off of work right when traffic starts! AznGoneNuts Off Topic 8 02-20-2007 10:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #22
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
that powerband is gonna be insane on the concrete with that set-up!
Not if your always in the power.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #23
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
55watt hid kit... Just make sure it's going in a glass housing
running a 35w HID kit

i am probably going to wire in a thermostatic switch at 195*F and a radiator fan as well to help keep this thing cool. After all this, I will probably attempt to get a plate for it...I already have sumo wheels for it and enough parts to build another 250f.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #24
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
running a 35w HID kit

i am probably going to wire in a thermostatic switch at 195*F and a radiator fan as well to help keep this thing cool. After all this, I will probably attempt to get a plate for it...I already have sumo wheels for it and enough parts to build another 250f.
, sounds like you're set. You probably already know then, that the plating process is extremely easy in Texas!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #25
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Old 08-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #26
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #27
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
2 smokin tard. yea, son.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #28
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #29
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

You going to bring that to GSS on Sunday? It would be nice to see what it can do.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #30
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
You going to bring that to GSS on Sunday? It would be nice to see what it can do.
I'm going to be in Louisiana at the kart track this weekend. This thing is leaking gear oil from somewhere so I need to get that taken care of first.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #31
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

got a little more stuff done

Cleaned up all the goop from the graphics, also supermoto fender courtesy of Shawn at moto-extremes.com
and it starts...

Also the 150 is on there now, don't know what made me think I could run a 160...
and it starts...

Rode it around the neighborhood, still on the stock gearing so it tops out at 60-65 and pulls the front up every chance it gets. Ordering up chain/sprocket kit, and I'm mailing the paperwork out on tuesday to get my bonded title process started. Hope to order the stator and lighting stuff in the next few weeks here.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #32
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

In case anyone else is looking for 2 Smoke Tard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...6b4bdcc8#v4-40
Old 09-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #33
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Canuck View Post
In case anyone else is looking for 2 Smoke Tard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...6b4bdcc8#v4-40
or this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/kx500...item1c1e8b7855
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #34
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

killer deal on that cr, kx is pretty sweet too, just make sure to keep bail money aside.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #35
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

I can't wait to ride that thing. We may have to swap bikes for a night. I'll still swap you for the bemer but when you get that done I definitely would like to ride it.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #36
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
I can't wait to ride that thing. We may have to swap bikes for a night. I'll still swap you for the bemer but when you get that done I definitely would like to ride it.
might be sooner than I thought, I went to the DMV today to start the process and I thought you had to wait around a bunch for paperwork to come back, but I've got everything already. Going to purchase the bond at lunch, then probably hit the tax office at the end of the day, or in the morning for my title
Old 09-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #37
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

ya, the bonded title process isn't as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. have you figured out what you are going to do for lighting?

most of my lighting components have arrived. i am running a 12v system that gets power from the stator fed through a regulator and rectifier. I don't think my stator will put out enough, but should extend the time it takes to deplete my battery.

Last edited by hotnanas; 09-06-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #38
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
ya, the bonded title process isn't as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. have you figured out what you are going to do for lighting?

most of my lighting components have arrived. i am running a 12v system that gets power from the stator fed through a regulator and rectifier. I don't think my stator will put out enough, but should extend the time it takes to deplete my battery.
hit a bit of a snag at the tax office. For some reason the lady wants me to go get a 68-a form, which is an application for "assigned or reassigned number" I think she's retarded, and I don't want to do it, but I don't know if it's because the name of the seller, and the name of the person on the most recently issued title is different, or she just made a mistake or misunderstood something. It seems 68-a is used when importing a vehicle from another country, and I've never heard of it being a part of the process for having an off-highway vehicle titled for road use.. As I have always understood all you need to do is pass inspection. So she's adding a completely un-necessary process to the list... I need to get all the done and pass inspection anyway, so I'm just going to do that, get the green slip and take magicman's advice and go to another tax office.

oh, and the only other time 68-a is mentioned is for titling homemade trailers... I don't see the relevance to my situation in either of those scenarios.

as far as lighting, I had to hunt down a stator, but I've got one on the way. I'll just run an ac regulator, and headlights/taillights.

Last edited by Mr F.; 09-06-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #39
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

sweet. yep, i'd simply wait for the next lane to open up and deal with another lady.

what stator? electrosport? ricky stator? do you know the power output? are you worried about the light dimming at idle? i'm unsure of the local laws concerning this.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #40
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Quote:
sweet. yep, i'd simply wait for the next lane to open up and deal with another lady.

what stator? electrosport? ricky stator? do you know the power output? are you worried about the light dimming at idle? i'm unsure of the local laws concerning this.
Well, I got on the phone with them again and they're saying it's required because it's out of state and it has not been titled in the last ten years. So looks like the 68-a IS required. Oh well, no biggie, at least I have an answer as to WHY now.

No idea on the brand but it's a 50 watt, and I bought it from steahlyoffroad.com. I actually called ricky's stator on procycle's recommendation and the lady on the phone said "we sure don't, that flywheel is made to spin, and spin fast, and during the day" uhhh... okay... cece ugh thumb

Trail tech ended up pointing me in the right direction.

Advertisement