Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #41
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

Neither wait until the night before the storm hits. As with Rita I rode from the northeast side of Harris County to Rosenberg the night before she made landfall and I only passed 6 cars the whole trip. I loved it having 59 all to myself.
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly!
The BeastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IT'S HURRICANE SEASON AGAIN.... FastLine Off Topic 14 07-08-2007 05:37 PM
Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #42
two fifty
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

ask user SBKpilot what him and some buddies did on the bikes when Ike came through.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #43
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

05 r6

buy the 275-300 gal water totes on cl for showering water and such, a 50 gal barrel for fuel, ammo for looters, coal for grill food, propane for gas cooked food, enough water to last my family for 1 + yrs, and a generator + ice to keep the food cold etc. i have a full sized dog, two small ones, to many cars, and a big family to evacuate. sitting out a storm and knowing what to be prepared for is probably safer then being stuck on the highway choking on carbons coming from cars.

my garage can prob fit 3-4 more bikes if you guys do decide to leave your bikes and run from a storm we may or may not have this year. flooding is not an issue at my place either since we were built on a high elevation and the retention pond in the back.
chingpo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:45 AM   #44
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

i live in a reservoir at george bush park.... i would stay though or go to my dads and take my bike and car. they are in cypress and we stayed through Ike.
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #45
Plate Leg
Steel Plated Leg

Experience: 5 years

a blue one
a red one
a black one - R.I.P.

Evacuated Rita and Ike...

or rather, used them as an excuse to take a road trip. Took 59 Southwest to Laredo. On a Nighthawk 250. It sucks when the speed limits are 70-75.... and your bike tops out at 65-70. During Rita, traffic was backed up until about Rosenburg, then was still busy, but moving at highway speeds. During Ike, there was hardly anyone on 59. Almost made it one way on one tank of gas too.
Plate Leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #46

Trackdays: 3

2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Cat 5 Hurricane.....bring it on, I'm staying put.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #47
gang member

Trackdays: 1

Suzuki Hayabusa

i learned from the last evacuation that was not mandatory for houston when everyone tried to leave anyways including myself. This time around I'd wait until it was a ghost town when we were told not to be on the road, then get in my vehicle with four wheels, trailer the bikes and head out of town towards the hill country to camp and party (like last time). this would avoid all the stress of dealing with traffic.

it was a sight to see cars broke down on the sides of the road all the way to san antonio. i know at the time we only made it from the north side to beltway and I 10 taking over ten hours, the second attempt was a breeze. military trucks or national reserve whatever were driving in and we were hauling out getting free tolls along the way
creampie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #48
beef eater

Experience: 1 year

08 ninja 250r
06 cbr600rr

mmm Ike MREs. think i still have a few.
yumbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #49
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

06' GSX-R 1000

Originally Posted by yumbeef View Post
mmm Ike MREs. think i still have a few.
During the hurricane, my friend said they dropped off a case of MREs to his house via Helicopter - I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not.

He lives in a nice subdivision called Mission Sierra, near FM1464 @ Beechnut.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote