MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Rumour: Rossi wants a Honda?

Quote:
Rumours from Italy suggest Rossi is looking for an independent Honda team in 2012

Posted: 9 August 2011
by Visordown News

THE rumours have been spreading from Italy that Valentino Rossi wants an escape from the struggles at Ducati and a return to Honda.

The MotoGP holiday period has been awash with rumours that Rossi will relinquish his attempts at winning on a Ducati as the Italian has approached Honda for his own independent entry for 2012.

A possible scenario purported was a supposed swap deal between Rossi and Marco Simoncelli and Ducati to Gresini.

The Italian media sourced the information from the current factory Honda rider's - vocal - personal manager Carlo Pernat and the news was further fanned by former Gresini rider Marco Melandri, who said that Rossi had been in talks with Fausto Gresini about taking the factory-Honda place - something the Italian has now back-tracked on saying that he was 'kidding'.

The question is whether Honda would have Rossi back, after leaving the manufacturer with bad-blood to move to Yamaha. However, HRC vice-president Shuhei Nakamoto said in 2009 that Honda would be happy to take him back. The other block for the switch back to a Honda would be whether Ducati would allow Rossi to end his two-year contract early.

As renowned journalist Dennis Noyes observed on Twitter crazier things have happened, he noted that no-one expected Eddie Lawson to go to Honda in the late 80s.

Will Rossi go? Probably not, there is a greater chance that this is a way to get Ducati to abandon the carbon chassis and get the changes he requires.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...#ixzz1UdJyk6pn
interesting.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rossi in Honda Civic commercial weslinder General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-25-2006 09:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
dontbap()ssy

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (donated to the track gods)
08 MV Agusta F4 312R (sold)
10 duc 1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
interesting.
Not to surprised , who wants to end a legacy as a loser ? He Ruled the honda once before so why not finish there

bnbnm
dontbap()ssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Is his contract with Ducati only ONE yr? I guess if the rumors are true, he is going to "force" Ducati to allow him to break his contract, or have an outspoken disgruntled rider. Sad....sign a contract, honor it....
Old 08-12-2011, 01:12 AM   #4
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

i miss the days of Rossi and Yamaha. But i guess Rossi didnt like being second to Lorenzo there near the end.
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #5
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
interesting.
he has a 2 year contract, unless there is an "under achievement" clause I don't see him going anywhere. But who wouldn't want to ride the factory Honda right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetkillr View Post
i miss the days of Rossi and Yamaha. But i guess Rossi didnt like being second to Lorenzo there near the end.
You have to remember that Rossi broke his leg last year, came back in record time and put it straight on the podium, next time out he won as I remember and soon after announced his departure from Yamaha. Suddenly he was midpack!!!! Spies at the same time began a decent run of results......
Do the maths...............
Rossi gave Yamaha the ultimatum (rightly or wrongly), from everything that's been reported, to choose, it's Jlo or me!!
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Rossi isn't leaving Ducati, at least not before the end of the 2012 season, quit reading into the media's false reports!!!

he is now there to develop the 2012 desmo machines.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
996Pilot
Aerobatics Junkie

Bike(s):

I think this rumor started with Melandri's joke about it.

www.track-junkie.com
996Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

If I've read correclty, I think the second year in his contract has an "opt out" clause. Not 100% positive on that though. I might have read wrong or it's just motojournal babble as always.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement