MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
Josue1300
Not a hobby...a lifestyle

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa LE (sold)
2005 Yamaha V-Star (sold to pay for wedding)
1998 Ducati ST-2 (sold...regret it)
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 (long story)
1995 Honda CBR 900RR (my first love, I'd buy it all over again)

Great deal on riding boots 8/2011

If you're interested in some riding boots but don't have too much to spend on boots, here's the deal for you.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...torcycle_Boots

I got me a pair and they are very nice, fit well and have protection in all the right parts for just $70. Check it out.

PS This price is also in store now, not just online. Which means you can buy them today!

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Josue1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Look what a great deal!!!! drsmallo General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-27-2009 05:01 PM
GREAT DEAL? OR NOT? speedjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-27-2007 06:13 PM
Great Deal Dobeman Motorcycles Unlimited 0 08-16-2007 01:02 PM
GREAT deal on boots... dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 05-18-2007 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
haythamboi600
Engineer.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josue1300 View Post
If you're interested in some riding boots but don't have too much to spend on boots, here's the deal for you.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...torcycle_Boots

I got me a pair and they are very nice, fit well and have protection in all the right parts for just $70. Check it out.

PS This price is also in store now, not just online. Which means you can buy them today!
any other reviews on these or how do they compare to sidi. Personally i haven't tried either but if i was out to get a pair, is the price difference show on the protection as well?
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by haythamboi600 View Post
any other reviews on these or how do they compare to sidi. Personally i haven't tried either but if i was out to get a pair, is the price difference show on the protection as well?
you get what you pay for. And, no, they won't compare to sidi. Those won't do much of anything to keep your ankle from snapping. They may help with road rash from a minor slide, but that's it.

Think of it as buying a bullet proof vest. Would you buy the cheapest you could find?
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
haythamboi600
Engineer.

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
you get what you pay for. And, no, they won't compare to sidi. Those won't do much of anything to keep your ankle from snapping. They may help with road rash from a minor slide, but that's it.

Think of it as buying a bullet proof vest. Would you buy the cheapest you could find?
to what ive found out, they are manufactured at the same company as shift and A*. hmm, appreciate the input and ya i agree with you!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by haythamboi600 View Post
to what ive found out, they are manufactured at the same company as shift and A*. hmm, appreciate the input and ya i agree with you!
Just because they are made in the same place doesn't mean the quality is the same. Get something with good lateral and torsional support .
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
cychotic
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
haythamboi600
Engineer.

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
Just because they are made in the same place doesn't mean the quality is the same. Get something with good lateral and torsional support .
But sidi is expensive damnit!!! but i guess cheaper then potential hospital bills