MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Your favorite brand?
Kawasaki 34 26.56%
Honda 33 25.78%
Harley-Davidson 4 3.13%
Yamaha 23 17.97%
Suzuki 9 7.03%
Ducati 11 8.59%
Triumph 4 3.13%
You didn't list my brand >:( You'll hear from me in the thread!!1! 10 7.81%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)

The Cause For Your Bias?

As is clearly seen around the forums, everyone has their heartfelt opinions on which brands are the best, and which brands are . My question is why? Why do you prefer Honda over Suzuki, or Yamaha over Honda, or Suzuki over Triumph, or Ducati over Harley-Davidson, or whatever the case may be?

This is the thread for you to stand up for your brand, and defend it, as well as defend your reasoning. No fighting, just fun debate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Smart Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More media bias? cedestech The Circus 25 05-01-2012 12:31 PM
Liberal Media Bias FKNA The Circus 23 02-24-2012 11:37 PM
BIAS/RADIAL????? mattj0206 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 07-15-2008 06:49 PM
It's time for new tires ... radial or bias-ply? MadseasoN General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 11-12-2006 10:04 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Bkgraham33

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZX14R

There needs to be a "I bow to no brand" option. JMHO.
Bkgraham33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
Spicjuse
Tone-E

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2k9 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkgraham33 View Post
There needs to be a "I bow to no brand" option. JMHO.
Spicjuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
Jon C.

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
V-Star 1300 Raven

Yamaha: "Like a Rock."

Jon C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Yami FTW!
The Japan are all pretty much the same, mostly looks for me.

Besides, if you're not on a yami, bets are you're gay.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Bluestreak06
Maine-ah

Bike(s):
2011 Hayabusa
2006 GSXR-600 (sold)
1981 yamaha XS 650(sold)

Member Garage

Owned a Honda when I was a teenager, made me hate red. Ill never buy a Honda strictly on that one experience. Besides, my dad raised me to hate Honda, and used that one dirtbike to show why he wont buy Honda.

Yamahas are too small size wise. im a big guy and I didnt fit on the ones I have ridden.

For sportbikes, all I will ever buy is Suzuki. I had my gix 600, now I have a Busa. If I was in the market for a cruiser, it would be a Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If you don't shake it after you pee the terrorists win.
Ben C.
Bluestreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

I don't know why I ride Yamaha. I have ridden all other brands but Yamaha called to me. The R6 is the most popular platform for a track bike I think. If you want comfort I would go with Suzuki. I feel their bikes are more comfortable. But I would choose Yamaha. Maybe the new Kawasaki too.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #8
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I look at performance, styling, features and price, in that order. As long as it's made by a mfr with a decent reputation and a good sized dealer network... I'm good to go.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #9
Soldaten

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 BMW F800 ST
YZ250 (sold)
BMW E30 Race Car
LeMons Race Car (burned)

BMW, because I like all things German. German Cars, German Guns and German Bikes!

That doesn't mean I'll never buy a Yamaha ( had Two YZ dirt bikes) or a Kawasaki for track days.............I'd rather see them flipping and crashing on the side of the road instead of my beloved BMW!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Aprilia. I've ridden every brand under the sun, and owned several suzukis but the Aprilias just have better chassis than everyone else. They're maintenance intensive compared to a bike, but they're worth it when they run right. I also like the styling better.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

i've had suzuki's, harleys, hondas, kawasakis and triumph.

rode a yamaha, but it was the most uncomfortable thing I'd ever been on. literally made my knees hurt after 15 minutes.

had a busa and sv650. both were ok machines. the tranny's left a lot to be desired compared to honda transmissions. harey's are just all around un-refined. that is kinda why I like them. it is still like riding a motorcycle... I can't really explain it.

tirumph was again, ok. it buzzed too much at highway speed and after a ride I always felt like I had just been operating a weed eater. hands were just numb from the vibration.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #12
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

I have owned over 12 different Honda motorcycles and have experienced nothing but great things with them. I like the quality, feel, performance and reliability.

Yamaha is a close 2nd but it seems like the tranny's in the Yamahas i've owned didn't shift near a nice as a Honda equivelent bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
derekvercher

Bike(s):
1998 honda cbr 600 f3
2003 honda cr250r
yamaha pw50

Honda all the way. When you go online and look at old bikes for sale. To me seems most of them still on the roads are Honda's. Honda has always had a reputation of reliability. I like sportbikes and the cbr to me is the most comfortable one. As well as the easiest to ride hard. Now if only the 1000 rr could be redesigned in the front. I'm not a fan of the round slanted look. Yama and suz have Sharp looking bikes. But if I were to buy a new bike today. Id go with Honda. Period
derekvercher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #14
1308cc
954 isn't a liter

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
04 Honda VFR800
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR(Wrecked)
2002 Honda CBR 954RR (sold)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (sold)
2010 Yamaha FZ6R (sold)

Member Garage

I had a Suzuki(Like em), have a Yamaha now(like em), and plan on owning a Honda. The only bias(slight) I have is against Kawasaki. I dunno, just not into them. I wouldn't mind owning one, but there are a bunch of others I'd rather have first.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #15
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

Honda due to their exceptional long term reliability and relatively more comfortable riding position (in sport bikes at least). I also notice in sport bikes they seem to hold more oil, which i think helps them run cooler/last longer. Hondas are kind of boring for the most part with more conservative styling, and not always the leader of the pack performance but for me they offer a good balance of value to dollars spent.

Lots of other great bikes out there, but I look at what they deliver for the price, and reliability is up there for me.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #16
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Aprilia. Exotic, nice price, and reliable.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
BroncoHound
Slow

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'05 Trek 4300

My breakdowns of bike's i've owned or ridden extensively (greater than 1000miles on any one machine):

SPORTBIKES:

Yamaha-my all-around favorite. Nimble and easy to ride hard. After a little bit on this current R1, though, I'm not a fan of undertail exhaust. Honda's undertail exhaust doesn't feel as hot to the rider as Yamaha.

Suzuki-Lowest seat height. I felt like I was sitting more IN the bike rather than ON the bike than all my Yamaha's or Honda's. Also the slowest "feeling" bike, though it wasn't necessarily any slower than any of the other 600's I've ridden. I have an itch to try an '05+ GSX-R1000.

Honda-Hard seats. Things are like freaking park benches. That being said, if i were building a track bike tomorrow I would be on the hunt for an 03+ 600RR. The things are rockets and as reliable as they come.

CRUISERS/STANDARDS:

Honda-Stable, reliable, smooth, boring. I had a VTX1800 and it would have been a great bike...if I wasn't really into motorcycles. It's definitely a gentleman's cruiser.

Harley-Poorly assembled. Poorly engineered. Over-hyped. Over-priced. More money with "The Company" is spent researching, engineering, and developing t-shirts and hitch covers than motorcycles these days, it seems to me. I had what was supposed to be the pinnacle of HD technological advance: a 1250cc liquid cooled, Porsche designed, Night Rod Special. What I found was a bike that leaked oil at 1900 miles, had truly atrocious aerodynamics, got for fuel economy, and had one of the most poorly geared transmissions I've ever experienced. Riding in traffic, stoplight to stoplight, I had the option of either leaving it in 1st gear at 5000RPM and deafening everyone around me or kicking up to second and pretending to be Lane Frost with all the low-RPM stumbling. There was no such thing as the right gear for that thing. Truly horrible, horrible gearing. However, I LOVED cruising on this bike. There was something very raw and gutteral about being on top of that maniac of vibration and poor design. One day soon, I intend to put a Sportster 48 in the garage, though I will definitely have a -bike next to it so I have something to ride while the Harley is torn apart to fix the inevitable problems that will come about 36 minutes after the warranty expires.

Triumph-Never owned one, but logged a weekend on a friends Thruxton. Awesome, unique, cool bike. Seat was harder than it looked but the ergonomics were pleasant and it was just nimble enough to be a fun cruise. I'd have one, either a Thruxton, Speed Triple, or old school cafe.

KTM-Rode a friends SuperDuke for a day. This bike was amazing. The sportbike equivilent of riding a Harley. Raw, buzzy, almost painful, but TOTAL fun. I want one of these in a big, bad way. Horrible daily bike (poor mileage, buzzy) but a GREAT weekend thrasher I think.

Aprilia-Swapped rides with a riding buddy a few years back for an afternoon in the hill country. His was an RSV-Mille. It was fun, and felt exotic at low speed. Once it wound up and I shifted my focus to the ride, however, it felt like any other superbike. Very forgettable.

Don't know why, but i've never been keen on Kwak's. Just don't like the way they look or feel, I guess. I've sat several whenever I was bike hunting but always leaned away from it.

Never been big on BMW's either. If I'm going BMW, I want an M5.

I'd love to get my hands on a Bimota to play with for a day. And a Duc Streetfighter. And a restored cafe CB550. And about 7000 other bikes that I'll likely never see in person but can certainly dream about.
BroncoHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #18
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

Kawasaki literally indestructible
Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy

Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
Erik Buell Racing...American innovation kicks .
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...0rs/index.html
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #20
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

No brand loyalty. I have four different brands in my garage.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement