MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #41
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
newbie jewellz Events, Meets and Rides 5 08-11-2010 06:08 PM
Newbie kalanie Events, Meets and Rides 18 12-22-2009 12:31 PM
newbie here with a ? gsxrchase600 How To's and Q & A's 4 06-25-2009 07:52 PM
Newbie Here htown71 Cruisers Lounge 18 05-16-2006 08:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #42
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
HIDs are legal on bikes but expensive. A set may run you around $200. Check out http://www.xenondepot.com/category.php?category_id=10

A cheaper solution are Sylvana Silverstars, which you can get at any autoparts store. A bulb runs around $36. I've put them on a bike before and it was a big difference.

The reason you would want to use those brighter headlights is for safety and not to be able to override your stock headlights.

If you are a newbie, learn to ride safe first before even thinking about getting into speed; especially when it is dark. It is very tempting but if you want to last, don't give in to temptation.
i totally agree with you, and takes for the information.. its just the headlights seem to point like 4ft infront of the bike and thats it.. unless i kick on the highbeams.. is there anyway to adjust the headlight up because even riding at the speed limit at night i dont feel 100% safe unless i have the highbeam on
Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 PM   #43
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Hiya and welcome!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #44
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
welcome to the site. There is a lot of info/experience to learn from here.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:04 AM   #45
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin
i totally agree with you, and takes for the information.. its just the headlights seem to point like 4ft infront of the bike and thats it.. unless i kick on the highbeams.. is there anyway to adjust the headlight up because even riding at the speed limit at night i dont feel 100% safe unless i have the highbeam on
To adjust your headlight up, you may need to do some preload adjustments for your weight as a new rider on this bike. It is possible that your rear preload is set too high which makes your bike be lower in the front, hence shining the headlights too far down, or the front it set too low. Have someone knowledgable help you get the preload adjusted.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:45 PM   #46
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
To adjust your headlight up, you may need to do some preload adjustments for your weight as a new rider on this bike. It is possible that your rear preload is set too high which makes your bike be lower in the front, hence shining the headlights too far down, or the front it set too low. Have someone knowledgable help you get the preload adjusted.
thanks, I should of asked patrick while i was up at his shop today... but it slipped my mind..