MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






Obed....

Obed here. Been riding since about 1964 and just found this site...
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obed had been racing motorcycles Squoddybody Off Topic 16 07-25-2013 08:21 AM
Thanks Obed! rob78 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 11 05-02-2012 01:37 PM
OBED IS THAT YOU BLAKE81 The Circus 5 02-24-2012 03:15 PM
Obed and Dinosaur shufflin' scoutguy Off Topic 27 12-31-2011 01:34 AM
obed- old and slow obed Taking it to the Track 25 09-26-2011 09:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Welcome to MH
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,446







Member Garage





__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
Joshua42007
Senior Member
 
Joshua42007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,627

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000









Welcome to MH


MSF? lol
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
Welcome to MH


MSF? lol
ok,. I'll bite.. what is MSF?
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Motorcycle safety course. Lol
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,940

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









motorcycle safety foundation.
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
wesleh
Senior Member
 
wesleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 2,112

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 R6






welcome!
__________________
wesleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
Iceman.
Senior Member
 
Iceman.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Southwest/Katy Area
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 462

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 ZZR 600









welcome
Iceman. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






no I have never taken the MSF course...
I have however taken several riding safety courses..
in my military days there were no safety courses required for riding a motorcycle on base, but that changed while I was in the service and each duty station had its own safety course you had to take to have your bike on base... I took several of those and was an instructor myself for awhile...
I am a firm believer in riding safe and responsible...do the type of riding you like in the appropriate place...road racing the loop is not the place...
just like I have different bikes for different types of riding, I believe you need to do what you do in the proper place..
I wear different gear for different types of riding too...
I have my two dirt bikes, my two harleys and my little crotch rocket... each is ridden with the appropriate gear in the appropriate place...I did not get to be my age and ride for as many years as I have by being stupid or careless..
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #11
Joshua42007
Senior Member
 
Joshua42007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,627

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000









Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
no I have never taken the MSF course...
I have however taken several riding safety courses..
in my military days there were no safety courses required for riding a motorcycle on base, but that changed while I was in the service and each duty station had its own safety course you had to take to have your bike on base... I took several of those and was an instructor myself for awhile...
I am a firm believer in riding safe and responsible...do the type of riding you like in the appropriate place...road racing the loop is not the place...
just like I have different bikes for different types of riding, I believe you need to do what you do in the proper place..
I wear different gear for different types of riding too...
I have my two dirt bikes, my two harleys and my little crotch rocket... each is ridden with the appropriate gear in the appropriate place...I did not get to be my age and ride for as many years as I have by being stupid or careless..

MSF is a safety course that must be completed by any new riders, I'm sure your not new and you have had your share of safety instructions. This class is great for a refresher, or even better for someone that is beginning to learn how to ride. I tell all my friends, family, and anyone else that questions about riding a motorcycle, that MSF is a must. Not only can it save your life or others, but it will also help by lowering your car insurance rates.

Quote:
Texas Law states, Effective 9/1/2009, Successful completion of this course is required to obtain a Motorcycle Drivers License.

This is a basic rider course, Please note that many states will not accept an MSF RiderCourse Completion Card issued from another state or from the Military.

I agree with you on the whole gear issue, I'm also a firm believer in wearing proper safety attire. We have a little accroynm that some of us actualy live up to, that is to wear "ATGATT" - which means to wear ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME


Don't dress for the weather, dress for the crash

Last edited by Joshua42007; 08-04-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #12
Princess
MH's ex fake mod
 
Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,982

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti







Send a message via AIM to Princess
I find it funny this guy has been riding longer than most of us here have been alive yet people are pushing safety stuff on him like he's never even seen a motorcycle.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
7cain
Resident Ginja
 
7cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,253

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
MSF is a safety course that must be completed by any new riders, I'm sure your not new and you have had your share of safety instructions. This class is great for a refresher, or even better for someone that is beginning to learn how to ride.
I have a feeling he has his M endorsement, I have not taken the MSF course either. Been endorsed prior to it being a requirement so for lack of a better phrase we are "grandfathered in".

Still would like to take it though, but I would much rather go to the track
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
... your is sexy. i want it.
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)

SBN blade specialist.
7cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
7cain
Resident Ginja
 
7cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,253

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R




Member Garage


Oh, and,
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
... your is sexy. i want it.
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)

SBN blade specialist.
7cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






I have been riding long enough that when I started riding on the street, you could get a motorcyle only license at 14, but could not get a drivers license for a car until you were 16.. and once you got a regular drivers license it covered motorcyles.. there was no endorsement needed... and yes I have my M on my license...I can not remember when I had to get the M added to my license...seems like it was the early 70's, might have been in the late 60's, say 68 or 69.. not sure ( had 3 tours in vietnam during that time frame and I get confused as to when i had to do what on my trips back home)
and as for training and continuing training.. a refresher as you call it.. I think that is a good idea...
since the cbr600rr I just bought is my first crotchrocket type bike (I built a few cafe racers back in the late 60's early 70's) I am going to take some track riding courses.. it is a different style of riding than I have been doing, so any pointers that make me a safer rider is fine with me...
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #16
shsu1k
Senior Member
 
shsu1k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: where pirates go to die.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,157

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
MSF is a safety course that must be completed by any new riders, I'm sure your not new and you have had your share of safety instructions. This class is great for a refresher, or even better for someone that is beginning to learn how to ride. I tell all my friends, family, and anyone else that questions about riding a motorcycle, that MSF is a must. Not only can it save your life or others, but it will also help by lowering your car insurance rates.




I agree with you on the whole gear issue, I'm also a firm believer in wearing proper safety attire. We have a little accroynm that some of us actualy live up to, that is to wear "ATGATT" - which means to wear ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME


Don't dress for the weather, dress for the crash
shsu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง
 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nice try, thieves
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom




Member Garage


__________________
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #18
jakeg
Senior Member
 
jakeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Downtown
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 4,423

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+











Welcome to MH!!
jakeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #19
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
 
Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shmearth
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 12,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
I have been riding long enough that when I started riding on the street, you could get a motorcyle only license at 14, but could not get a drivers license for a car until you were 16.. and once you got a regular drivers license it covered motorcyles.. there was no endorsement needed... and yes I have my M on my license...I can not remember when I had to get the M added to my license...seems like it was the early 70's, might have been in the late 60's, say 68 or 69.. not sure ( had 3 tours in vietnam during that time frame and I get confused as to when i had to do what on my trips back home)
and as for training and continuing training.. a refresher as you call it.. I think that is a good idea...
since the cbr600rr I just bought is my first crotchrocket type bike (I built a few cafe racers back in the late 60's early 70's) I am going to take some track riding courses.. it is a different style of riding than I have been doing, so any pointers that make me a safer rider is fine with me...

Welcome to the board! Lots of great track folk around these parts that would love to have you at what ever event fits your schedule.
Look in the sponsor section and sign up for a track day to find out what that lil 600 can really do!
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #20
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Welcome to the board aand don't mind these pesky kids

I think you'll fit right in...
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy