MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #21
tcmatt

Member Garage

hope he gets well sooon!
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #22
Maverick
Made Man

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Team Green Ninja !
100cc Knock0ff Dirt

Send a message via AIM to Maverick
. hope he is OK
Old 10-22-2006, 07:13 PM   #23
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Prayers sent up for his healing.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #24
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Prayers sent up for his healing.
+4
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #25
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Hope he is doing better.. If anyone knows hospital info I would really like it so I can go visit... My prayers are with you eric!

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #26
Stacy
One day at a time!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
Hope he is doing better.. If anyone knows hospital info I would really like it so I can go visit... My prayers are with you eric!
Trinity Med Center I believe. His wife made it up there, so you might give her a call to see when he can have visiters.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #27
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
STHAT/GWS/HUF/TGOTY
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #28
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marishka29
Trinity Med Center I believe. His wife made it up there, so you might give her a call to see when he can have visiters.

Thank you sooo much I will do that !

Old 10-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #29
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Hey Guys..

I just got off the phone with his wife (LiLi). She was at the hospital at the time i spoke to her. She is holding up pretty well - and just wanted some phone numbers from his sim card (which i have).

When i spoke to his mom, it was not a pleasant conversation either. She was hysterical yet keeping herself composed. It just got me to thinking.

I've said it before - and i'll say it again. Guys please don't ride over your head. This is exactly what happened today as well. When riders pass the leader (whose obviously supposed to be in the front), it just sucks. And it sucks even more when other riders decide to pass and follow the first batch of riders passing the leader. Sad part is the first batch maybe in full leathers with alot of track time and experience on their side, where as the 2nd and 3rd batch of riders passing and trying to keep up may not have THAT much experience, nor the adequate gear for a fall.

Please guys. As much flaming/negative remarks i might get for saying this is the open. It just really does suck when you have to go to the hospital with them (squeaky) or talk to their wife and mom and tell them what happened (me). Both of whom (squeaky and me) were passed ruthlessly by every one! & that also on the straights.

Its one thing when someone comes next to me and gives me the sign that they are gonna go faster (like bigcomfy did), but its another when some one while passing swings back in my lane and hits my mirror while passing me and squeaky (only to keep up with the other ones that were passing us).

I have no problems with you guys passing me on the straights, but please if you do it - make it stick! Don't go sliding and killing yourself - and then leaving others to call your loved ones and pick up from their.

Sad part is this guy was riding so gracefully. His paint job made his bike stand out (Camel Honda Biaggi 3), he was underdressed by my standards (a $85 Fulmer helmet which did not even hold the fall and was not even on him when he came to a stop, icon jacket (come on!?), and gloves). I don't even know if he had his boots on. :eh:

Please guys - it sucks to see this happen. Please sober up and ride within your own limits.

His wife did say he was doing better and was moving painfully. She and his mother are both very strong to be handling the situation the way they are. May give them strength, and ERIC a quick recovery.

I have his phone, sim car & keys. If anybody is going to go see him, please take them from me and give them to him. His wife said they live in Galleria area. So i will call her on Tuesday to see if she wants me to drop them.

Please guys. Learn from this one and ride within your limits and please ride your own ride.

PS: If anybody would like to speak to his wife - i can give her number. I am not going to post it here, but if your serious about going and seeing him and asking for his welfare - then pm me, i'll give the number. But don't bug the poor lady, she's doing a great job under stress!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #30
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
Man, I hope the kidney and concusion are the only injuries. He looked to be in pretty bad shape. Did anybody thank the guy who stopped to call onstar from his suv?

GET WELL THORN!!!
SVmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #31
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Sounds like you guys had a good day, up to the end when everyone got to feeling their wheaties.

Sounds like he was extremely lucky, how did the bike fare?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #32
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Sounds like you guys had a good day, up to the end when everyone got to feeling their wheaties.

Sounds like he was extremely lucky, how did the bike fare?
For the type of condition he was in - the bike looked pretty goood.

Was screwed from the front, with the head fairings gone, with headlights hanging out.

For some reason his rear brake was fully stuck (so i'm wondering if that had to do anything with the accident - you know what happens when you jump on the rear brake :eh: ).

I heard 2 different stories.

1) Some one mentioned a low slide. (which is possible coz the main damage was on the left side, and that turn he went off from was a left lean trun.)

2) He was going into hot, could'nt make it and stood it up and obviously gravel+grass+dirt got the front end - and i'm assuming the front brake was touched and then he slided (probably low as well).

I'm not sure what's the exact story, but the forks looked okay, front rim was slightly bent from just one side, left fairings were trashed, head faring was every where, a frame slider was found a good 40-50 feet away from the bike (near the cop's car).

But from his condition, i'd say the bike held up pretty well. It's impounded in Brenham county right now. They said they'd call when there done with it. I took the keys out coz it had other house,work keys in it as well.

Man what a bike...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 10-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #33
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BlackR1
i didn't see what happen because i was in the front but i heard he hit a steel fence. i got pictures but can't upload them to my computer
Mike, not to tell you what to do....but you may wanna reconsider posting pics up just yet. I know we've heard that he's expected to pull through, but I wouldn't want pics up before I made it out of the ICU....

and to Black Widow....I'm not going to argue with your post (especially in this thread) but I passed the leader a couple of times (on the straights) and I was wearing jeans....not all belong at the front, but it may be a lil' boring pulling 70 mph through some of those turns. On a side note, with a group of that size and that range of experience...we should have been in 2 or 3 groups all day.

Good luck and godspeed on the recovery Eric....if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know 713-249-3193 Danny
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:44 PM   #34
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Update!! I just talked to his wife he is sleeping and in alot of pain and still some bleeding out of his ear. They said that if he is not doing better by tomorrow they will be transfering him to a hospital in Houston. She is going to call me with updates if any and if they transfer him. I told her we were all praying for him and wishing them the best!

Old 10-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #35
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
Mike, not to tell you what to do....but you may wanna reconsider posting pics up just yet. I know we've heard that he's expected to pull through, but I wouldn't want pics up before I made it out of the ICU....

and to Black Widow....I'm not going to argue with your post (especially in this thread) but I passed the leader a couple of times (on the straights) and I was wearing jeans....not all belong at the front, but it may be a lil' boring pulling 70 mph through some of those turns. On a side note, with a group of that size and that range of experience...we should have been in 2 or 3 groups all day.

Good luck and godspeed on the recovery Eric....if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know 713-249-3193 Danny
Danny,

I respect you not arguing. I'm just saying - when you have a leader - you stay behind them. Or else don't tell them to lead. Plain and simple.

And we were doing 85-90 constant while being passed by you guys @ well over 100 mph. But like you say - not this thread. I'll keep it that way.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #36
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
Update!! I just talked to his wife he is sleeping and in alot of pain and still some bleeding out of his ear. They said that if he is not doing better by tomorrow they will be transfering him to a hospital in Houston. She is going to call me with updates if any and if they transfer him. I told her we were all praying for him and wishing them the best!

Thanks Brena,

Keep us updated.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #37
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
keep us updated please.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #38
AznGoneNuts

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6

Send a message via AIM to AznGoneNuts
i wish he gets better.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #39
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
I'm just saying - when you have a leader - you stay behind them. Or else don't tell them to lead. Plain and simple.

And we were doing 85-90 constant while being passed by you guys @ well over 100 mph.
And Thorn's earlier post mentioned that he was unfamiliar with the area.

Like y'all said, probably should have had a couple groups, but may not have avoided this. We'll leave the finger pointing until he is better and can speak for himself.

GWS Eric, sorry about the bike!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #40
Brena23
Mothernugget

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

for yall that might know him or whatever here area few pics I had from one of the rides we went on. and his oh so pretty bike!

http://brena.slide.com/p/1/Eric+and+his+bike

Advertisement