MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #221
eppster05
veni vedi vechi
 
eppster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 254


Bike(s):
Yamaha R6









well... i havent really had a chance to get on since the wreck but i was there. im guessing i was probably about 2 or 3 people behind. so here my little take on it (another point of veiw)

when i came around the corner i saw the bike layed and him laying on the ground arm and leg still in the fence. i breaked into the sholder, jumped off nad took off my helmet as i ran to him. me and another guy got there about the same time we were the first. as i was running up he wasnt moving and i really thought he was dead. it seemed like he didnt move for hours (probably about 15 sec) and than he sarted coughing and choking up blood. one they turned him sideways so he wouldnt choke, while another guy called 911. i grabed his wallet and started looking for #s becasue his phone was smashed. he layed there moaning hardly breathing for a while blood just coming from his ear nose mouth. there was blood everywhere and i can still hear those moans... it was freaking crazy. one of those things you never think will happen to you. the ambulance came and loaded him up and that was about it.

i talked to the guy that was right behind him and he said that when he came around all the saw was the bike fliping throught the air.

i want to say that first of all that it was a of a job done by everyone there. pat yourself on the back (both hands) seriously... no one even knows this guy and yet every person there played a role in possibly saving his life. everyone put there hand in there and you all played the role of hero for that moment in time. i know hes gonna say it soon enough but for now ill say thanks to everyone for everything yall did. it was a story to tell.

also as far as the rules go, no one out there is responsible for anyone else. it makes it better when everyone follow the rules that are in place, but i dont think there was anything wrong with a few riders going ahead... no one is responsible for anyone else out there. you cant blame it on anyone but the rider. its my choice to wear jeans, its my choice on what helmet, and its my choice if i want to ride the fastest no matter how experinced i am. my take on it is that everyones advice is nice, and its nice for older people to give tips and suggestions, but when you get out there your speed is only determind by one person, by one hand on the trottle. i just feal like its no ones job to point fingers at anyone... if for some reason someone wanted to do wheelies, ride crazy or go 200 around a 35 mph turn... it still doesnt put me in danger. you control you self. maybe others see it differently. im not here to start problems, constructive critisism is accepted, but thats how i see it through my eyes. talk to you guys later.

-Ross
eppster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #222
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by eppster05
well... i havent really had a chance to get on since the wreck but i was there. im guessing i was probably about 2 or 3 people behind. so here my little take on it (another point of veiw)

when i came around the corner i saw the bike layed and him laying on the ground arm and leg still in the fence. i breaked into the sholder, jumped off nad took off my helmet as i ran to him. me and another guy got there about the same time we were the first. as i was running up he wasnt moving and i really thought he was dead. it seemed like he didnt move for hours (probably about 15 sec) and than he sarted coughing and choking up blood. one they turned him sideways so he wouldnt choke, while another guy called 911. i grabed his wallet and started looking for #s becasue his phone was smashed. he layed there moaning hardly breathing for a while blood just coming from his ear nose mouth. there was blood everywhere and i can still hear those moans... it was freaking crazy. one of those things you never think will happen to you. the ambulance came and loaded him up and that was about it.

i talked to the guy that was right behind him and he said that when he came around all the saw was the bike fliping throught the air.

i want to say that first of all that it was a of a job done by everyone there. pat yourself on the back (both hands) seriously... no one even knows this guy and yet every person there played a role in possibly saving his life. everyone put there hand in there and you all played the role of hero for that moment in time. i know hes gonna say it soon enough but for now ill say thanks to everyone for everything yall did. it was a story to tell.

also as far as the rules go, no one out there is responsible for anyone else. it makes it better when everyone follow the rules that are in place, but i dont think there was anything wrong with a few riders going ahead... no one is responsible for anyone else out there. you cant blame it on anyone but the rider. its my choice to wear jeans, its my choice on what helmet, and its my choice if i want to ride the fastest no matter how experinced i am. my take on it is that everyones advice is nice, and its nice for older people to give tips and suggestions, but when you get out there your speed is only determind by one person, by one hand on the trottle. i just feal like its no ones job to point fingers at anyone... if for some reason someone wanted to do wheelies, ride crazy or go 200 around a 35 mph turn... it still doesnt put me in danger. you control you self. maybe others see it differently. im not here to start problems, constructive critisism is accepted, but thats how i see it through my eyes. talk to you guys later.

-Ross
thanks for your little insight on to what happened! it's appreciated.

and i agree that everyone is their own rider. no one person is resposible for anyone else. Everything happens for a reason. and i'm not sure on the reasoning behind this but i know one thing. it has brought a lot of people together to help one another. and that's a good thing in itself. so again please keep praying for him and we will continue to do what we can together! and thank you all who were at the scene and who took action it did have a good part in saving his life i'm sure! THANK YOU!!!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #223
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82
thanks for your little insight on to what happened! it's appreciated.

and i agree that everyone is their own rider. no one person is resposible for anyone else. Everything happens for a reason. and i'm not sure on the reasoning behind this but i know one thing. it has brought a lot of people together to help one another. and that's a good thing in itself. so again please keep praying for him and we will continue to do what we can together! and thank you all who were at the scene and who took action it did have a good part in saving his life i'm sure! THANK YOU!!!
Ok! Enough with the whole everything happens for a reason!! We each make our own decision and we each choose our own destiny!! You saying everything happens for a reason is like saying we can't contol our own lives! We are responsible for most of the things good and bad that happen to us, it is not just by chance that all things happen! We need to be more responsible for the choices that we make! Stop passing the buck by blaming things on chance! My thoughts and prayers go out to Thorn and every other rider that goes down, but as a whole we need to look at how we ride on the street and take some responsibility! I don't mean to sound snippy, but it bugs me to hear that whole " everything happens for a reason" mantra that people use to cover for bad choices!

<<< end rant
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .

Last edited by Candie; 10-24-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #224
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Well said, Candie.
Hope you get better, Thorn.

Ross? I do see it differently.IMO.


if for some reason someone wanted to do wheelies, ride crazy or go 200 around a 35 mph turn... it still doesnt put me in danger. you control you self. maybe others see it differently
__________________
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #225
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Ross, in general, group rides are for everyone's enjoyment, not only your own. If you think you have no obligation towards the group's rules (which are usually set pre-ride) and the rules strictly state not to behave a certain way, but you still want to do wheelies and go 200 mph in a 35 mph curve, hence going against the rules, you need to say good-bye to the group and ride alone.

The problem with people not following rules on a group ride is that you spoil everybody else's ride and the others are not having fun anymore.

If something happens, you put the responsibility on THEM to help you out. THEY have to call your parents and THEY have to see you bleed. They are the ones still having to ride home with the image of YOUR crash in mind.

Sure, accidents happen and if they do, then you want people there who you can trust to give you the best care and help they can provide. But, taking their williingness to do so for granted and behaving irrationally is plain selfish.
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #226
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,500

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







I will keep him in my prayers too for a speedy recovery.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:15 PM   #227
eppster05
veni vedi vechi
 
eppster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 254


Bike(s):
Yamaha R6









i totaly get what your saying Faylaricia... and i dont want to make it sound like i support that kinnda riding at all. i guess what got me a little irritated was reading earlier blogs and seeing people say stuff pointing fingers and trying to find blame for what happened. im not here to point or even get into that kind of for tat. its vain in my eyes, but i guess you could safly say that in this situation the group broke in half, it was planed at the gas station, and everyone knew what happened. i just dont like for people to point fingers to anyone other than the guy who was in control of the bike.

but seriously, im not here to arguee and i hope im not making anyone upset. i dont want anyone to take this as an argument of anykind, i dont like contaversy, and for the record i agree with the idea that if you want to ride differently than the group than get out of the group but what happend on sunday was a planned break away.

talk to you guys later
eppster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #228
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by eppster05
what happend on sunday was a planned break away.
and we did have a ceiling as well. Thanks for making that clear
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:03 AM   #229
wheelsintheair
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dawsonville, Ga
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4












MY BROTHER!

Ive sat here and read this whole thread I have mixed emotions about what was said. My son races motocross (yz85s) on a national level. Ive seen him do amazing things for a 12 year old, But ive spent alot of time in emergency rooms too so I know the danger involved. I was quite suprised to hear about Erics accident because he has been riding accident free for several years, But for that reason I was not as suprised. Odds were growing rapidly. Theres always the guy that wants to reassure himself that it cant happen to them buy bashing the guy down for doing something stupid, or not approaching things the way they do. I bet he doesent know that there are only 4 or 5 helmet manufactures in the world. Shoei.Arai ,Bell and and all others share molds, besides hearing about the wreck from you guys Id say the helmet did its job, without it hed surley be dead. My brother is crazy , absolutely fearlesss and sometimes wreckless. I forbid him to ride my zx9 ever again. But I know he would offer his prayers and support for you, and never a harsh word. As for all of you guys pulling together and helping my brother I am very gratefull to you all forever. The guy Scott I met at the hospidal, I have told my brother many times this is a good dude, I appriciate him comming buy and filling in some of the blanks, although I gather he was fibbing about the estimated speed. Once again I thank you all very much and I appoligise for a damper or burden being put on you at the end of a great ride. But me and my family thank you very much, my son was very glad to hear hi favorite and only uncle was ok. I would greatly appriciate some of those pictues yall were refering to earlier. An update would be Eric had a basial skull fracture which burst the ear drums and that was the ear blood, Yes he did bite his tounge, more blood, also a bruised lung and a bruised kidney. He is at home right know comming back to hisself gradualy but occasioanaly he mimicks rainman. But be okay and he is allready considering reparing his bike for racing instead of street use. Hes not sure what went wrong but he accepts its his fault. Once again I thank you all very much. my email is wheelsintheair1@alltel.net
wheelsintheair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #230
wheelsintheair
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dawsonville, Ga
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4












PICTURES

I would be gratefull for some pictures of the incident if yall have any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wheelsintheair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #231
knee_dragger
Senior Member
 
knee_dragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,917

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450









WHAT KIND OF HELMET WAS THORN WEARING? IM SURPRISED THE HELMET SHATTERED. HOPE HE'S OK....
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #232
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,268

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by knee_dragger
WHAT KIND OF HELMET WAS THORN WEARING? IM SURPRISED THE HELMET SHATTERED. HOPE HE'S OK....
Fulmer
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #233
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"
 
Reidlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HoUStiN
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 853

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now









Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
UPDATE????
__________________

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #234
Swift E
Senior Member
 
Swift E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 11,046

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675









This thread brings back some memories

The ride that day was Twisted
__________________
obama1
I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #235
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









yup.....whats up with ya Thorn?
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #236
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,367

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






I don't think Eric comes on here anymore.
Eric isn't fully recovered but is much better last time I saw him, maybe a month or so ago.
He still has some hearing and balance problems due to damage to both of his ear drums, but other than that he's doing well.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #237
aznhero913
J.D.
 
aznhero913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,184

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)







any damage to the ear drums is no joke, you basically cant even stand up straight for a long time when you've had damage to that part of your body.
aznhero913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #238
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic
Ok! Enough with the whole everything happens for a reason!! We each make our own decision and we each choose our own destiny!! You saying everything happens for a reason is like saying we can't contol our own lives! We are responsible for most of the things good and bad that happen to us, it is not just by chance that all things happen! We need to be more responsible for the choices that we make! Stop passing the buck by blaming things on chance! My thoughts and prayers go out to Thorn and every other rider that goes down, but as a whole we need to look at how we ride on the street and take some responsibility! I don't mean to sound snippy, but it bugs me to hear that whole " everything happens for a reason" mantra that people use to cover for bad choices!

<<< end rant

i think thats exactly what it was intended, when the other guy said

there is only one hand that controls the throttle, and yes everything hapens for a reason. and that reason is a mistake or a bad judgment
ty
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #239
rob78
. . . . . . . . .
 
rob78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Katy/Cypress
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 6,268

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was









Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
I don't think Eric comes on here anymore.
Eric isn't fully recovered but is much better last time I saw him, maybe a month or so ago.
He still has some hearing and balance problems due to damage to both of his ear drums, but other than that he's doing well.
glad to hear he's getting better...
__________________
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #240
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsintheair
I bet he doesent know that there are only 4 or 5 helmet manufactures in the world. Shoei.Arai ,Bell and and all others share molds, besides hearing about the wreck from you guys Id say the helmet did its job, without it hed surley be dead.

dude, no offense, but shoei, arai, and bell definitely DO NOT share helmet molds. each one of those manufacturers have completely different molds, materials and design philosophys. there are no similarities in their construction. Arai doesn't outsource their helmets to anyone. Each one of their shells is hand made by Arai employees only for Arai. As for your brother's helmet doing it's job, yeah, he's not dead, thank , but he still did suffer SIGNIFIGANT cranial injuries. A helmet's job is to protect the head from the type of injuries he had. I'm not going to say that another helmet would have protected him better, because each situation is different; but I've seen many worse accidents, with less head injuries, than your brother faced from riders wearing better helmets.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy