MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
HMFIC
Senior Member
 
HMFIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tierra de Azucar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,812

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F






Ride Report : Hill Country, July 30-31 Pics, vids and disccussion!

Sux that there was another get off on the ride

Well, I was the one who delayed the ride yesterday....

Lost the front end while braking, in a straight line. I guess it was inevitable, like they say, theres two types of riders, and after 20yrs of riding, it happened.

Was able to ride the rest of the ride and make it to the hotel. My wife came and picked me up from the hotel.

All I can say is the gear worked as advertised, as Im sure others will affirm this.

Vanson jacket with hard armor, draggin jeans, A* knee armor, Sidi boots, Shoei X11 (Head never hit the ground--amazingly. Everything, but the Shoei, had abrasions on it). Funny thing is, during one of the stops, the velcro closure around the waist of the jacket came off and I was asking about leather repair in Houston. Not an hr later, I went down and the jacket rode up resulting in road rash on stomach. Ive had the jacket since 2000, so I cant complain.

Once at the hotel, Reese was very courteous and let me use the shower. He also waited up with me until 2am and loaded my bike for me.

thank you very much, and I owe u lunch!!!

Once I took the Sidis off, my ankle immediately swelled and became increasingly sore. My right shoulder became very sore; I cant push with my arm, extend my arm, or raise it past chest level.

Due to the fact that I could not do anything with my arm and ankle, Reese loaded my bike. Again, thanks!

On the way home, my wife insisted that I go to the ER, and finally I caved in.
Xray revealed no broken bones and stated that I should follow up with a Ortho specialist. ER Doc says its a severe ankle sprain and possiibly a rotator cuff tear....

My wife has been pretty awesome thru all this, I thought she would insist on me not riding anymore...

If I didnt have the gear, Id hate to see what the injuries would have been.

Oh well....

Solracer mapped out an awesome ride and will do the next one.

BTW, there was a guy who stopped and offered to trailer the bike if I wanted to go to the hospital, did anyone get his name/number. Id love to give him a call and thank him. I was more focused on myself right after the accident and pretty much ignored him, so now I feel like an ...
__________________
Frank
HMFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W For those who ARE going on 7/30-7/31...(Hill Country) Solracer Events, Meets and Rides 200 07-31-2011 11:55 PM
July Austin/Hill Country ride! Solracer Events, Meets and Rides 131 07-18-2011 02:30 PM
Ride Report : Austin/Hill Country ride.... (w/pix) Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 05-16-2011 07:34 AM
Hill Country Ride Report 5-23 TheMagicMan General Discussion (Moto Related) 93 07-17-2008 01:27 PM
Trip Report - Hill Country Ride Squeaky General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 11-07-2006 10:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Princess
MH's ex fake mod
 
Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,982

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti







Send a message via AIM to Princess
I finally found that scratch that your rogue bike did to mine. Looks like my bike isn't show quality anymore.



I'm home safe now. 800 miles my !
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #3
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"
 
The BeastMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ne harris county
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 818

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)






Home at last.

Hated to see HMFIC's ride sliding by me on the road. That wasn't a high point of the ride. You rode like a champ after the crash. I think we were all impressed. I feel like the heat that had built up in the road all day with the 100+ degree temps made the asphalt very greasy and contributed a lot to the crash. I experienced the same greasy conditions late today. Hope the rotator heals quickly.

Ibhusain Glad to see your injuries were no more severe than a collar bone. That's bad enough. Even though you couldn't continue. Your get off appeared much less destructive than HMFIC's. For you and the bike.

Ormand Happy to see you doing better today No cramps! You had us a bit worried yesterday.

Chris Thanks for putting this ride together even though we didn't get to do all the route that you had laid out. We did enough. and we need to leave some for the next one. Count me in. I'd be up for once a quarter. Atleast! Maybe once a month. Much better than a few hours of forest riding.

Thanks to all that showed up and made the ride. We had a well rounded group. 9 riders to start. 8, 7, 6, 4 to finish.

Now a few personal stats doorstep to doorstep
37.5 hours
790.5 miles.
23.76 gallons of fuel.
Several hours of HD Hero video to come when I get time.

Right now it's time for a bath and bed. 5:30am is coming real soon.
__________________
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly!
The BeastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,864

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


Ride Report : Hill Country, July 30-31 Pics, vids and disccussion!

Too much to type tonight, Ill start tomorrow... Im tired
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #5
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Thumbs up

AWESOME RIDE!

I had a blast! Thanks guys, for all the fun on and off the bikes. I'll ride with any of you anytime and anywhere.

If you ever have the opportunity to get in on a Solracer ride, DO IT!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 AM   #6
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Sux that there was another get off on the ride

Well, I was the one who delayed the ride yesterday....

Lost the front end while braking, in a straight line. I guess it was inevitable, like they say, theres two types of riders, and after 20yrs of riding, it happened.

Was able to ride the rest of the ride and make it to the hotel. My wife came and picked me up from the hotel.

All I can say is the gear worked as advertised, as Im sure others will affirm this.

Vanson jacket with hard armor, draggin jeans, A* knee armor, Sidi boots, Shoei X11 (Head never hit the ground--amazingly. Everything, but the Shoei, had abrasions on it). Funny thing is, during one of the stops, the velcro closure around the waist of the jacket came off and I was asking about leather repair in Houston. Not an hr later, I went down and the jacket rode up resulting in road rash on stomach. Ive had the jacket since 2000, so I cant complain.

Once at the hotel, Reese was very courteous and let me use the shower. He also waited up with me until 2am and loaded my bike for me.

thank you very much, and I owe u lunch!!!

Once I took the Sidis off, my ankle immediately swelled and became increasingly sore. My right shoulder became very sore; I cant push with my arm, extend my arm, or raise it past chest level.

Due to the fact that I could not do anything with my arm and ankle, Reese loaded my bike. Again, thanks!

On the way home, my wife insisted that I go to the ER, and finally I caved in.
Xray revealed no broken bones and stated that I should follow up with a Ortho specialist. ER Doc says its a severe ankle sprain and possiibly a rotator cuff tear....

My wife has been pretty awesome thru all this, I thought she would insist on me not riding anymore...

If I didnt have the gear, Id hate to see what the injuries would have been.

Oh well....

Solracer mapped out an awesome ride and will do the next one.

BTW, there was a guy who stopped and offered to trailer the bike if I wanted to go to the hospital, did anyone get his name/number. Id love to give him a call and thank him. I was more focused on myself right after the accident and pretty much ignored him, so now I feel like an ...
Props to you brother for riding after your get off. I couldn't believe you stayed right with me the whole time on Lime Creek Road. That's not an easy ride even when a rider and his bike are 100%.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,624

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Sorry to hear about your incident as well at the others, but glad you're alright relatively speaking. I sure do miss the hill country rides.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>
 
Guitar Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Fookin Caney
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,279

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)






It was cool running into you guys on the road. I will consider going on the next one circumstances pending. Probably going solo in the morning out past Austin about an hour and on to Kerrville to see some family that I haven't seen in awhile. I'm going to try and hit Lime Creek Road while I'm out there.

Glad that the guys who went down are doing ok.
__________________
Ken
2013 Suzuki V-Strom 22,000 miles.U.S.: AL, AK, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, KS, LA, MS, MT, NV, NM, NC, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, WY. Canada: AB, BC, YT.
Guitar Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
ibhusain
on two wheels
 
ibhusain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 139

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha FZ6
2003 Kawasaki ZR7S (sold)





aside from crashing and breaking my clavicle, the ride was awesome. I've never been on a ride that fun. I got home late last night. Xrays show no other issues. Looks like I'll be on the couch for a while...

Bike still running just fine, a lot of cosmetic damage. Looking forward to healing up and converting my FZ6 into a streetfighter/naked version.
ibhusain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #10
ibhusain
on two wheels
 
ibhusain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 139

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha FZ6
2003 Kawasaki ZR7S (sold)





Frank, the guy's name is Bryan Kinsey, and his number is 830-385-6861.

Good riding with you brother.
ibhusain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ibhusain View Post
aside from crashing and breaking my clavicle, the ride was awesome. I've never been on a ride that fun. I got home late last night. Xrays show no other issues. Looks like I'll be on the couch for a while...

Bike still running just fine, a lot of cosmetic damage. Looking forward to healing up and converting my FZ6 into a streetfighter/naked version.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
ibhusain
on two wheels
 
ibhusain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 139

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha FZ6
2003 Kawasaki ZR7S (sold)





Whoopsie!

Got it on a disk. The doc was awesome. Trauma room was empty, and they thought I would be much worse than I was, so we just chatted for a while about healthcare reform (he's a doc, I'm in grad school for health administration).

Anyway here's the final result. A nice clean break. lol.

attachmentphp?attachmentid47187&ampstc1&ampd1312217918p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whoopsie.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	47187  
ibhusain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #13
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Nothing nice about that. Those aren't the kind of pics we're looking for
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #14
ibhusain
on two wheels
 
ibhusain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 139

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha FZ6
2003 Kawasaki ZR7S (sold)





Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Nothing nice about that. Those aren't the kind of pics we're looking for
well apparently because of my lack of pain and clean break on the bone I'm one of this "miraculously rare" cases. I didn't get any pain meds. I took a couple of advil on site and then some more once I left the hospital. He wrote me a prescription for some heavy stuff but I haven't needed it.

Off two wheels for a while, but as with every crash things could have been a lot worse.

Besides, it's my first broken bone ever. It's like a right of passage.
ibhusain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
91stunna
Naked Ninja...sort of.
 
91stunna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Katy or Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 356

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 Z750S
2007 EX250








Sorry to hear about the broken bone. Shoulder injuries suck, I dislocated mine a year ago and it still makes clicking sounds sometimes.
91stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #16
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











HMFIC & ibhusain, sorry to hear about your crash..Hope you guys heal up soon..


HMFIC, hows the bike??
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #18
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
So wheres pix of the wreck...my favorite part.
If you'd like, I'll take some pics of you if you feel like crashing
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
996Pilot
Aerobatics Junkie
 
996Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 211

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
848









Yo Frank, this is why you should be on an R1 still. Sorry to hear about your mishap (Both of you) wishing you a speedy recovery.
__________________

www.track-junkie.com
996Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #20
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy