MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #201
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
youre getting cornholed. Lemon law that bike, get a lawyer and buy a European bike.
That doesn't even make sense. He can't "Lemon law" the bike.
A lawyer for what? Who is he gonna sue? Yamaha?
They have offered free repair parts.
The dealer?
The situation isn't over yet.

Now the Euro bike part has merit.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Mancuso Vs Kawi of Pasadena Kodak General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 11-06-2014 04:11 PM
Join the Mancuso team! TMPSW Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 2 08-08-2014 01:02 PM
Contact for Team Mancuso Powersports Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-25-2014 06:28 PM
Welcome our newest Sponsor Team Mancuso Southwest!! Solracer Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 10 05-18-2012 10:37 AM
Props to Team Mancuso Powersports! tomLSTD Cruisers Lounge 8 06-04-2008 08:24 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #202
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #203
Houston Terrell

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DRZ 400SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I agree the engine probably DID need to be cleaned out. My only question is whether or not he authorized this expensive work.
If he did, then there's not much he can say, but under the circumstances I would have wanted to know if it was gonna be warranty work before I said, "Yeah, clean out the motor and I'll pay for it".
It sounds like the OP was expecting it to be covered and if the dealer went forward with all this work without the owners consent, they might not should have done that.
I am sure that he had to agree to some sort of "tear down" before a failure could be determined. To what extent that "tear down" fee was only he knows.

Customer: My bike wont shift its under factory warrenty
Service: There is a minimum checkout fee of xx do you agree to drop off the bike.
Customer: Yes
Service Calls customer: Sir we have determined that the clutch has been slipping causing the fibers to get extreamly hot and several of the broken pieces of the clutch fibers have fallen into the oil pan. I would highly recomend cleaning out the engine and to replace the oil pickup screen. There does not appear to be any manufacture part failure and clutches are a wear item.
Customer: So your saying I have to pay for this?
Service: Yes warrenty does not cover any wear items. It will be $300 to proceed "or what ever$" Do you approve?.
The customer would either approve the estimate or would pay the initial checkout he approved when he droped off the bike and pick up his bike.

ANY LABOR OVER THE INITIAL CHECKOUT HAS to be approved by the customer FIRST. Or approved by manufacture. Most techs will not do work that has not been approved by the customer, and they should not. And if they do then they just ate it. A service writer/manager SHOULD be able to talk to you make sure that you understand the situation and make sure that you know how much you are going to need to spend to do a repair. Of course there are special circumstances that happen but for the most part you should know how much your bill is going to be and approve it before the work is started. EXCEPT for that initial checkout that you accept when you drop off the bike. The initial checkout fee is to make sure that the shop/tech gets paid if he spends time looking at your bike/atv and you decide that the repair is more then you expected. Then you already know how much you have to pay and the shop/tech knows how much they will get paid. Keeps everyone happy.

Mabye this will help some people understand?? Or
Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #204
bumblebee

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Terrell View Post
I am sure that he had to agree to some sort of "tear down" before a failure could be determined. To what extent that "tear down" fee was only he knows.

Customer: My bike wont shift its under factory warrenty
Service: There is a minimum checkout fee of xx do you agree to drop off the bike.
Customer: Yes
Service Calls customer: Sir we have determined that the clutch has been slipping causing the fibers to get extreamly hot and several of the broken pieces of the clutch fibers have fallen into the oil pan. I would highly recomend cleaning out the engine and to replace the oil pickup screen. There does not appear to be any manufacture part failure and clutches are a wear item.
Customer: So your saying I have to pay for this?
Service: Yes warrenty does not cover any wear items. It will be $300 to proceed "or what ever$" Do you approve?.
The customer would either approve the estimate or would pay the initial checkout he approved when he droped off the bike and pick up his bike.

ANY LABOR OVER THE INITIAL CHECKOUT HAS to be approved by the customer FIRST. Or approved by manufacture. Most techs will not do work that has not been approved by the customer, and they should not. And if they do then they just ate it. A service writer/manager SHOULD be able to talk to you make sure that you understand the situation and make sure that you know how much you are going to need to spend to do a repair. Of course there are special circumstances that happen but for the most part you should know how much your bill is going to be and approve it before the work is started. EXCEPT for that initial checkout that you accept when you drop off the bike. The initial checkout fee is to make sure that the shop/tech gets paid if he spends time looking at your bike/atv and you decide that the repair is more then you expected. Then you already know how much you have to pay and the shop/tech knows how much they will get paid. Keeps everyone happy.
Exactly. That's what I'm getting at.
He might have said, "My bike won't shift". They say, "Ok we'll look at it".
They pop off the clutch cover and see a problem and begin to proceed without his consent to pay for cleaning out the motor.
He could fall back on, "Hey I said I wanted you to check it out, never said go further".
You are correct that it would have been a mistake on the dealers part, but I'm thinking I would not have authorized ANY further work until the warranty issue was cleared up. I would want to know for sure who was paying before they did anything beyond diagnosing the problem and maybe itemizing the repair costs.

Quote:
Mabye this will help some people understand?? Or
I'm sure it will. You did a good job explaining how it works.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
Old 07-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #205
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 07-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #206
bumblebee

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK
Is this called "trolling" or "post whoring"?
I get the 2 mixed up.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #207
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

User is banned

Old 07-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #208
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
1) load it up in the pickup truck to transport to another dealer
2) take highway to other dealer
3) ?????
4) oops the bike fell off
5) call insurance co.
6) profit.

JUST KIDDING! DONT DO THAT ! ! ! insurance co had nothing to do with it, and they are the last that should have to pay.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:30 AM   #209
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookerks View Post
I have attempted to email yamaha, but hard to fund their email address.
Yea, Yamaha's website only lists a toll free number. Check your owner's manual or if you have one, warranty booklet. They may contact info for warranty issues.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #210
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

You can use this link to send emails to Mancuso:http://www.tmpsw.com/contact_us.asp and when they reply via email that might give you an address that you can use to email directly
Old 07-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #211
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Yea, Yamaha's website only lists a toll free number. Check your owner's manual or if you have one, warranty booklet. They may contact info for warranty issues.
For what it's worth I looked through the booklet that came with my r1 and the only thing they have is a physical address for warranty related customer service.

Yamaha Motor Corporation USA
Customer Relations Department
P.O. Box 6555
Cypress, California 90630

Pretty shitty, P.O. box is all they list for anything, the only phone number they have listed in the manual is for yamaha's extended warranty program.

You could get a lawyer to send them a sternly worded letter, but if you go that route, don't expect your bike back anytime soon
Old 07-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #212
tookerks
R1FTW

Bike(s):
2011 R1
2010 HD Fat Bob (sold)
2001 ZX6E (sold)

No work was authorized until I said so. While i was posting all of this they had yet to tear anything down, other than what was needed to diagnose the clutch, I assume? That is when the phone calls to Yamaha started. Mancuso then told me the offer from Yamaha, and that the service for clutch and clean the screen was 160. Another service guy I talked to said I should let them do the clutch and clean out, and if it fails again then I have another leg to stand on. So as for now they are going to service what they said for 160. I know they told me the parts Yamaha was supplying cost approximately 360. I am getting the detailed invoice when I get over there.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #213
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

well.... if all you have to pay is 160.00, I'd do it and move on from there.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #214
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Trackdays: 10+

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
man i can tell you they are bull you. i used to work for yamaha and they covered a whole new transmission on a 600r that had over 30k on it. and i can tell you this dude beat the out of the bike. a new bike with less then 500 miles shouldn't have a clutch failure at all. *unless being retarded with it* but the service writer just didn't want to do the extra work and talking to yamaha for you. sorry your going through this but just work your way up the ladder with yamaha and you will get it covered!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #215
cobrakiller02

Bike(s):
To many to list

Ian a Yamaha tech and have some good pulls with Yamaha..pm me your number and I can get this worked out for you.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #216
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

all those holes.... I wouldn't even make the first payment....take it back to the dealer and tell them to get ....Id be on the phone with every Yamaha USA employee I could get....then i would slander the out of Yamaha....

i'm sorry this happened to you...It definitely should be covered IN FULL....

Suzuki pulled this way back in the early 2000s on Busas that having 2nd gear problems and left many holding the bag...

Mancuso's should really eat the crow on this if Yamaha doesn't stand behind it..... its called CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER THE SALE..... a practice that is no longer alive...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
Old 08-02-2011, 03:40 AM   #217
Ruffryder09
Rome R1

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1

good luck bro this all sucks
Old 08-02-2011, 03:45 AM   #218
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

All this for a 160 bucks? Both Mancuso and Yamaha are making a huge mistake by not figuring out a way to cover just for good customer service points. Then again... You are getting a new clutch for 160 bucks! See if they will install nice little aftermarket unto instead of the OEM

GL
Old 08-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #219
yumbeef
beef eater

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
08 ninja 250r
06 cbr600rr

^ customer service is a lost art. if the guy just bought a brand new bike from them, $160 would be well worth the good advertisement and customer satisfaction. instead they just added another negative review. i have no clue how many people they cornhole and get away with doing so.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #220
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumbeef View Post
^ customer service is a lost art. if the guy just bought a brand new bike from them, $160 would be well worth the good advertisement and customer satisfaction. instead they just added another negative review. i have no clue how many people they cornhole and get away with doing so.

Advertisement