MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #21
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

less then a grand ? holy .. sick deal
Proud Owner of.... SaidNoJuanEver General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 02-22-2014 08:06 PM
Another proud ford owner! CUSTOM ZX-14 Off Topic 2 01-29-2013 11:38 PM
Proud New Owner!! Tontito Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 8 02-09-2010 08:37 PM
Proud Busa owner bluewave18 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 07-14-2009 10:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #22
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Also, anyone have a direct to point me in for help with the speedometer/tach blowing my fuse once trying to ride. It blows after I get it in first and start rolling. Any idea possible on here? Makes zero sense at all. Works fine while sitting and warming up.

Erik[/QUOTE]

sounds like a short. need to check all wiring for a chafed wired touching ground. ect.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #23
TheCyclist
TheCyclist

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (Pearl White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz2866 View Post
Also, anyone have a direct to point me in for help with the speedometer/tach blowing my fuse once trying to ride. It blows after I get it in first and start rolling. Any idea possible on here? Makes zero sense at all. Works fine while sitting and warming up.

Erik

sounds like a short. need to check all wiring for a chafed wired touching ground. ect.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it It was actually the headlight touching the ground and blowing it.

Update photos:

Finally jumped the gun and bit the bullet...Proud owner of a 08 CBR600RR Pearl White

Finally starting to get most of the damage repaired. Waiting for fairing stay and plastics to show up. Then replacing oil/coolant then changing chain. Then I should be doing pretty darn good.

Last edited by TheCyclist; 07-29-2011 at 11:37 PM.
TheCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #24
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Yeah, you're gonna come out ahead on this one it looks like.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #25
dylan
lolwut

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
HD Iron
Yamaha R6

nice steal!
dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:14 AM   #26
TheCyclist
TheCyclist

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (Pearl White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Yeah, you're gonna come out ahead on this one it looks like.
Dude, I just used the situation that came to me and now I will have a 2008 CBR with ~6,000 mileage on it for under a grand. I might spend like 1,500 on it for plastics but I really love this bike. I took it around the block today finally since I got the tach mounted up with zip ties and it pulls like a liter bike. Can't wait to have her rebuilt. I am thinking about 2 months before FULLY rebuilt and ready for show. Only thing I am unsure about is what I am painting the stat cover and engine cover with, currently using something like Rhino Liner. But I might end up replacing them with OEM parts off another bike but waiting to get plastics.

Any ideas on plastics? Other than OEM, I wanna go the injection Japan route because they look just as good and are REASONABLE and that is the purpose of this bike. This won't be a track toy, otherwise I would do SharkSkinz

p.s

Also, looks like I will need a new front rim at some point but going to take it off tomorrow and inspect damage. Looks like it just has a slight bend from rocks/gravel stuck in there. Might be repairable or I will just buy new ones and powercoat White. Going for a white/purple scheme.
TheCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote