MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #21
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
I've never liked the idea of lying, but to save me from a $50,000+ medical bill I wouldn't think twice. But wouldn't the life flight take you to the hospital and tell them what happened?

Thanks everyone for their input. I plan to attend as many track days possible next year and get my CMRA License, but I know I may have some accidents on the way there, I just hope my insurance covers me. I have a feeling if I keep going back for the same reason, they might drop me or stop covering me for those accidents. I will have to talk to them. I'm with Aetna health insurance.
It's a tough spot to be in but insurance fraud involves prison time. Tread very carefully there. It sounds as if you have time to get your insurance issues sorted out.

mytxmotorcycleinsurance.com is VERY track friendly if Aetna does not work out. Give them a shot.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medical Insurance? DLite General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-11-2012 09:08 PM
I think people that have medical insurance... or cash... cdill35 Off Topic 54 04-20-2009 09:09 AM
medical question? Prodigy Off Topic 14 10-06-2008 11:27 PM
medical insurance... houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 14 02-07-2008 01:11 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2011, 10:44 PM   #22
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

just dont pay the bill.... thats what most people do....
Old 07-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #23
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
What sounds dumb to me is the fact that you asked for my age, as if it had any significance in the matter.
What sounds dumber is than in your 1.5 years and 137 posts as a member of this forum you haven't figured out that no amount of you being an is going to gaurantee that every reply to a thread is going to be on topic.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #24
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Blue cross PPO. I'm supposedly even covered for racing.
if you say so, BC is notorious for not covering a sanctioned race. If they pay out, you don't get covered for a race. Just saying, and good luck
Old 07-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #25
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
if you say so, BC is notorious for not covering a sanctioned race. If they pay out, you don't get covered for a race. Just saying, and good luck
Just saying and good luck? What? Is this what my certificate says or you just giving an opinion?
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #26
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

Aetna covered my shoulder explosion. They did grill me about any related parties to try to go after. They went as far as to contact the TD organisation. In the end, it came to nothing and they paid........
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #27
bob_1

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

My insurance policy that was provide by my college had a whole bunch of exclusions. It didn't cover accidents that happened while playing sports, under the influence of alcohol, riding an all terrain vehicle, or a vehicle with TWO wheels. Looks like it covered nothing. Insurance was a waste for me. I need surgery for my knee, I talk to a very experienced doctor and he gave me a total of 6500 for EVERYTHING if I paid cash. I decided to go through insurance thinking it would be cost effective. First of all you need to go through the insurance doctor. My doctor didn't seem to confident, even in himself. Then after paying my 20% is still got stuck with a 8k medical bill. 25k just for renting a room in the hospital!!!! I told them I couldn't pay and it got reduced, but still I should have paid cash. Maybe my knee wouldn't still be in pain now if I had. Hope this helps.

I've got lots of parts
bob_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #28
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
There are some medical insurance companies that do not cover ANY type of "extreme" sports such as skydiving or motorcycle riding (even on the street). We usually hear about it from "employer provided" policies. Best thing to do is read your policy carefully.

On another forum a member said that Progressive also has a new provision in their motorcycle coverage policy that forbids any "closed course event of any kind" which would include trackdays or even an ERC for that matter.
thats one of the reasons I went with them
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #29
MrBoom

Bike(s):
A Bike: 2013 RSV4 R
B Bike: 2010 RSV4 Factory
PPIHC A Bike: 2007 SXV 550
PPIHC B Bike: 2007 SXV 450

Mine has been good about covering my life flight, surgeries, etc. My deductible is a bit higher, $3k, but they cover 100% after that. I just told them it was an off road accident. No different than getting hurt riding your quad at deer camp.
MrBoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement