Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 12:33 PM   #1

Member Garage

Anybody hear about this?

From another board, thought I would post it up.

Rider Down: Help Out a Fellow

Fellow members of A week or so ago, moderator, Ducati privateer racer, and all-around nice guy Vito (aka vduc) crashed at Texas World Speedway and was seriously injured. He was coming onto the front straight from turn 16 and high-sided. Aside from various small bone fractures (including his foot), he crushed his L1 vertebra near the base of his skull. Apparently it was a compression fracture from the way he landed.

He was life-flighted to Austin where he underwent surgery. Praise , he's not paralyzed, but he faces a long recovery and enormous medical bills. (I understand the helicopter flight alone is over $18,000!)

So the moderators and admins are organizing a fund drive to help Vito in his recovery. There's not much we can do about his physical recovery -- that's up to him and his doctors and therapists. But we can help defray some of the gap between his health insurance and the cost of his care.

Friends, in my riding career I've found that we Ducatisti can be some of the most generous and caring people around. I ask that you maybe put off buying that little bit of bling for your bike, scrape the extra couple of dollars that's been sitting in your PayPal account unused, dig in the sofa for loose change, and do whatever else is necessary to make a donation to help out our Ducatista brother Vito.

I'm volunteering my PayPal account to collect money, which I'll be dropping $20 into as soon as I get paid this weekend. My PayPal address is

I set up a very basic, very simple donate page here:

Donate Page

Go to the page and click the PayPal button.

Let me know if you have trouble with the links. Note that this is NOT a taxable donation.

Thanks to everyone,