MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #21
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Just wanted to re-visit this thread to watch the videos posted an say this: You're attention to detail looks great. I've seen quite a few "frankensteined" ATV's in my day but none of them ever turn out looking like yours does. I hope you get this thing plated. . .
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Street legal help. hondarider77 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 25 07-01-2014 05:04 PM
Is it possible to make it street legal? Q8ypilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 04-16-2010 03:01 PM
street legal? yzdude Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 15 12-11-2009 08:51 PM
Street legal 4-wheeler? TxSandman General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 10-01-2009 11:04 PM
Street legal 4 wheelers? bmc350 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 10-11-2005 04:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #22
ChrisBurke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZX14
2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 750

Member Garage

Have you contemplated buying a titled motorcycle frame, cutting the steering neck off of the frame, cutting your existing frame neck off your bike, and welding the titled frame neck to your banshee frame?

This might be a viable alternative to look into maybe?
ChrisBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
daveblueballs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-
08 600RR track rig -SOLD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Just wanted to re-visit this thread to watch the videos posted an say this: You're attention to detail looks great. I've seen quite a few "frankensteined" ATV's in my day but none of them ever turn out looking like yours does. I hope you get this thing plated. . .
Thanks!! All the metal work was actually the easiest part. Only took about 20 hours one weekend. Most of the time, believe it or not, went into building the wiring harness. Had my Aggie buddy who is an electronics engineer help me and it still took us a good 40 hours to get it where we wanted it. I have a single sided swing arm and a 17 inch Enkie car wheel I reeeealy want to put on it but I don't have a mill to do the machine work that's needed to make it fit and I'm too cheap to pay a shop to do it. Probably just stick with the gixxer seingarm for now then I'll get bored one day and try to fit the single sided.
daveblueballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #24
daveblueballs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-
08 600RR track rig -SOLD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBurke View Post
Have you contemplated buying a titled motorcycle frame, cutting the steering neck off of the frame, cutting your existing frame neck off your bike, and welding the titled frame neck to your banshee frame?

This might be a viable alternative to look into maybe?
I thought about doing something like that but I used pretty much the entire steering and suspension of the banshee. You know what tho, if for some reason they won't give me a vin and let me make it street legal, bet your I'm not above re engineering the front end and making that thing into a "1986 GS 550". Wonder what they would have to say about that. Ha!
daveblueballs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement