MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Ben Bostrom from Suzuki to Honda for MotoGp at leguna seca

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/L...Seca+wild+card

This weekend, the LCR Honda team will ‘double up’ its efforts at the Red Bull US Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California. LCR’s Toni Elías will be joined by Michael Jordan Motorsports’ Ben Bostrom, who will compete in the MotoGP race as a wild card. Bostrom will also race, as usual, in the AMA Superbike class.

The decision to invite Bostrom, a former World Superbike rider, to compete in MotoGP on one of the Honda RC212Vs is a result of the excellent relationship between the LCR Team and the management of Michael Jordan Motorsports, which is owned by the legendary NBA superstar Michael Jordan. MotoGP is gaining popularity in the United States and the Laguna Seca race is one of two MotoGP stops in the United States this season.

As in 2010 when the LCR Team gave Roger Lee Hayden the opportunity to ride the team’s bike in the MotoGP race after Randy de Puniet broke his left leg in the race at the Sachsenring, Germany, Lucio and the team’s partners are taking the opportunity to experience another MotoGP race in the United States with an American rider.

Lucio Cecchinello:
“The U.S. GP takes place at one of the most spectacular racetracks in the world. The interest of the American fans of this sport grows more and more from year to year and the spectators are always very enthusiastic. Considering that some of our partners are operating in the American market, we thought that we should organise a special event before the summer break. Because of the great relationship between the LCR team and Michael Jordan Motorsports, we decided to invite one of Laguna Seca’s most successful riders to compete for us in the race: Ben Bostrom. Ben will ride with one of our RCVs as a ‘wild card’ rider for only one race, while also taking part in the AMA Superbike race for Michael Jordan Motorsports. I’d like to offer many thanks to the Michael Jordan Motorsports team for the great collaboration and the amazing support.”

Ben Bostrom:
"Words can't express how excited I am to get this amazing opportunity to race on my home track in front of the whole world. I have to thank Michael Jordan Motorsports and American Suzuki for allowing this to happen. The collaboration between Lucio, LCR and the MJM team has been terrific. I'm going to get on the GP bike and put it as close to the front as possible. Then I'm going to hop on my Jordan Suzuki bike and try to create even more magic."
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ben Bostrom Flying Lap at Homestead babymilo36 Taking it to the Track 11 02-03-2012 11:39 PM
Honda, Ben, and BMW BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 12-28-2009 01:50 PM
MOTOGP Test at indy - Video Go Ben!! alrova Taking it to the Track 10 07-08-2008 10:22 PM
Ben Spies to get MotoGP Wildcard Slot slo_rdr Taking it to the Track 17 05-16-2008 04:53 PM
laguna seca motogp Somebody1010 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 07-16-2007 12:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
unswift

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R race
2008 EX250 race

That is very cool.
unswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Ben is Awesome... I cant wait to see this!!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

Sadly he gave up.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Kingralphthe3rd

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
r6

Gave up like a . Big time reality check im sure
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

I'd really would have liked to have seen a young hungry charger ride the bike rather than Ben.
Just my opinion.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.

Just goes to show you what level these motogp riders are at when a guy like Ben quits the race for being too far behind... I still want to get his X12 helmet though.

Last edited by ivancuriel; 07-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
bueller
future lotto winner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

Should have given the chance to a more worthy rider, I would have like to seen martin cardenas I think he would have done awesome
Old 07-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #9
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
Should have given the chance to a more worthy rider, I would have like to seen martin cardenas I think he would have done awesome
no, Eslick all the way!!!

and i'm sure all of you haters that keep saying he quit or failed, are incorrect in your assumptions, you have no idea the circumstances that led him into the pits.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #10
bueller
future lotto winner

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

Eslick would have been a good choice to , but they usaully pick guys that ride superbikes. It seems, and he should have atleast finished
Old 07-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
signpimp

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
I would have like to have seen Josh Hayes...!! I think he would have done well. He's scrappy like that.
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
8-ball

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
06 Gsx-r 1K (Sold)
08 CBR 1000 LE (Stolen) Thieves should be made to suffer.
03 CBR 954 (Sold)
01 CBR F4i totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by signpimp View Post
I would have like to have seen Josh Hayes...!! I think he would have done well. He's scrappy like that.

^+1
8-ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #13
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
no, Eslick all the way!!!

and i'm sure all of you haters that keep saying he quit or failed, are incorrect in your assumptions, you have no idea the circumstances that led him into the pits.
His interview during the race on the BBC coverage he said himself the bike was better than him, he had troubles changing gears on the bike which he kept running off the track coming out of turns 2 and 3, he doesn't call it bad luck, only rider error. He was so far behind he came into the pits. I really like Ben, no hate here. I don't think anyone would of done much better if they aren't used to the bike and its power.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
signpimp

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
His interview during the race on the BBC coverage he said himself the bike was better than him, he had troubles changing gears on the bike which he kept running off the track coming out of turns 2 and 3, he doesn't call it bad luck, only rider error. He was so far behind he came into the pits. I really like Ben, no hate here.
There is a good interview with him on the motogp site that he says the bike was definitely not at fault. He couldn't get used to the brakes and something about changing gears in one of the turns. He was thinking about his superbike race, so after running off the track twice, he brought it in so as not to wreck and ruin his superbike chances. On the interview he was also asking for a second chance and talks about how much work they put in so that he could ride the bike comfortably. I'm sure it is tough to learn a new bike/tires in just 3days/3 practice sessions...
Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signpimp View Post
There is a good interview with him on the motogp site that he says the bike was definitely not at fault. He couldn't get used to the brakes and something about changing gears in one of the turns. He was thinking about his superbike race, so after running off the track twice, he brought it in so as not to wreck and ruin his superbike chances. On the interview he was also asking for a second chance and talks about how much work they put in so that he could ride the bike comfortably. I'm sure it is tough to learn a new bike/tires in just 3days/3 practice sessions...
Exactly, he also mentioned he had not gone that fast during the race in any of the practice sessions during the weekend. So he was still learning. They didn't have the camera on him much which I would at least like to have seen him in the race.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #16
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

wait Michael Jordan Motorsports???? where have i been?
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #17
signpimp

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

MJM has been around for some time now. Maybe their 7th year now...They've had some notable riders. Aaron Yates, Jake Zemke (won Daytona for their first, and maybe only, win), and now it's Ben Bostrom and Roger Hayden. A few others I forgot.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 AM   #18
MrBoom

Bike(s):
A Bike: 2013 RSV4 R
B Bike: 2010 RSV4 Factory
PPIHC A Bike: 2007 SXV 550
PPIHC B Bike: 2007 SXV 450

Roger Hayden did better last year as a wildcard at Laguna Seca. Bostrum also said the brakes were hard to get used to. I think he was the wrong guy. Give Roger or Tommy hayden the chance. , bring Hopper back early, unless there was a BSB conflict. He's riding at Brno anyway.

We saw Bostrom on a scooter going from motogp pits back to his trailer after the motogp race. He wasn't in a chatty mood.
MrBoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement