Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #21
AngusTEx
Hang the up & DRIVE

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Honduh

I don't wave to squids. They're just too cool for waves.

Everyone else, yes.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
20 Jan 13, Scooter Ride: 150cc+ Chicken Fried Bacon Ride TMAX Events, Meets and Rides 5 01-22-2013 08:19 PM
Houston Scooter Battalion ride January 6, 2013 TMAX Events, Meets and Rides 29 01-09-2013 10:03 AM
scooter ride? AliceInChains02 Off Topic 10 01-16-2006 01:57 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #22
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
are we brethren? i guess...but your like an akward half step brother that is always trying to follow us around and we'd rather you didnt. not that we disapprove of your ways. we'd just rather you did them over there, while we do our thing over here.

i really dont wave at scooters. if they give me a wave first, ill regretably give a half wave back, just to avoid being a total to someone trying to be cool.

to be honest i meet a lot of scooter riders at work. 99% of them are weirdos. most of them are really not into the whole "2 wheeled adventure" thing and whole freedom of the open road. most of them are into drinking and driving and having their liscence taken away and still needing a way to get to work...or they cant afford a car or a real bike....or theyre a hipster.

ive got a couple of customers with stretched and modded ruckuses (ruckii?) anyways. they are weirdos too, but i would totally wave to those dudes...but then, a ruckus really isnt a scooter...its a ruckus, lol...so there you go.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:46 AM   #23
Alleykat

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
ive got a couple of customers with stretched and modded ruckuses (ruckii?) anyways. they are weirdos too, but i would totally wave to those dudes...but then, a ruckus really isnt a scooter...its a ruckus, lol...so there you go.
Alleykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 AM   #24
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GT Performer

How's the old saying go, Scooter's are like fat girls, there fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #25
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
are we brethren? i guess...but your like an akward half step brother that is always trying to follow us around and we'd rather you didnt. not that we disapprove of your ways. we'd just rather you did them over there, while we do our thing over here.

i really dont wave at scooters. if they give me a wave first, ill regretably give a half wave back, just to avoid being a total to someone trying to be cool.

to be honest i meet a lot of scooter riders at work. 99% of them are weirdos. most of them are really not into the whole "2 wheeled adventure" thing and whole freedom of the open road. most of them are into drinking and driving and having their liscence taken away and still needing a way to get to work...or they cant afford a car or a real bike....or theyre a hipster.

LOL... you really put some thought into this, huh?

Eh, when I'm riding I don't see how they act, what they like, what they're reason for riding is blah blah...

They ride, I ride, I like to wave. I wave at everyone.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:21 AM   #26
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
scooter owners (generally speaking) have a whole different mentality.

sportbike owner: "you mean to tell me...i can order a 22 square inch peice of carbon fiber, that replaces a plastic peice on my bike...which will reduce my weight by 3.6 grams...which could save me .00001 seconds on my laptimes,...when i eventually make it out to trackdays? and its only $500? dude! order it for me!"

cruiser owner: "you mean to tell me...i can order a chrome sissy bar and backrest...so my wife will quit about not being comfortable, and i can carry another bag of luggage, so i can go on an 8 more hour ride? and its gonna cost me $500? dude! get me one!"

scooter owner: "you mean to tell me...the reason my scooter is running like ...is because this is the original spark plug in my 20 year old knock off scooter...and its no good anymore? and its freaking $2.99!!! THATS A MONTHS WORTH OF GAS YOU ! you must be crazy. DUDE... im just going to clean it with a wire brush from the dollar store and put it back in!"

:dontknow: its a whole different mentality. most ride out of pure neccesity and not for the joy what-so-ever.

yea...when i say weirdos....i mean it. any weirder and they would be talking to themselves and making funny hand movements sitting in the back of the public bus. some of them wear bicycle helmets and like that too. it blows me away.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:24 AM   #27
haythamboi600
Engineer.

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelator View Post
How's the old saying go, Scooter's are like fat girls, there fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you.

I wave at everybody but squids on their "bad--bussa's-and-ducati's"
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:30 AM   #28
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Quote:
...but then, a ruckus really isnt a scooter...its a ruckus, lol...so there you go.
Hipster.

Actually, all my hipster friends are into fixed gear bicycles, not scooters. Which kinda makes sense, scooters roll around looking 1/2 goofy at 1/2 the speed of a regular motorcylce, and they roll around looking 1/2 goofy at 1/2 the speed of a regular bicycle
Old 07-18-2011, 06:22 AM   #29
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Most people probably wouldn't wave because you must look like a Russian circus bear on that scooter and they're afraid you might attack.

According to Snopes, big people's vision is based on movement.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #30
switch
two fifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Most people probably wouldn't wave because you must look like a Russian circus bear on that scooter and they're afraid you might attack.

CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #31
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Wow..some of yall are real dicks. LOL

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #32
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiGirl28 View Post
I wave to s anything on 2 wheels
+1. And because we're girls, everybody waves back! Sometimes I even wave at cars when they won't stop staring.

Quote:
scooter owners (generally speaking) have a whole different mentality.

sportbike owner: "you mean to tell me...i can order a 22 square inch peice of carbon fiber, that replaces a plastic peice on my bike...which will reduce my weight by 3.6 grams...which could save me .00001 seconds on my laptimes,...when i eventually make it out to trackdays? and its only $500? dude! order it for me!"

cruiser owner: "you mean to tell me...i can order a chrome sissy bar and backrest...so my wife will quit about not being comfortable, and i can carry another bag of luggage, so i can go on an 8 more hour ride? and its gonna cost me $500? dude! get me one!"

scooter owner: "you mean to tell me...the reason my scooter is running like ...is because this is the original spark plug in my 20 year old knock off scooter...and its no good anymore? and its freaking $2.99!!! THATS A MONTHS WORTH OF GAS YOU ! you must be crazy. DUDE... im just going to clean it with a wire brush from the dollar store and put it back in!"

:dontknow: its a whole different mentality. most ride out of pure neccesity and not for the joy what-so-ever.

yea...when i say weirdos....i mean it. any weirder and they would be talking to themselves and making funny hand movements sitting in the back of the public bus. some of them wear bicycle helmets and like that too. it blows me away.

Quote:

OMG! That's what I was thinking! Aren't you 6'5"? My hostage is only 6'4 and look ridiculous on the Buell. I can't imagine what you must look like on a scooter.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #33
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Wow..some of yall are real dicks. LOL

If the shoe fits... I would laugh at you, but I would still wave.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #34
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

bwahahahahahaha
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #35
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

There are quite a few scooter riders here in ATX. So I see them all the time, but I almost never wave unless they do first. They are a different breed of people. From what I see they do it cause its trendy here. Just like the bicycle thing. Im sure they enjoy riding too, but I dont think its as much of a way of life as it is for sportbike/cruizer guys. I say that since most of the other riders I see wave, and I wave back or some combination of the two. The scooter guys usually dont bother.

Last edited by Mark06gsxr; 07-18-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #36
Track_Graphics

Forget this whole stupid "waaavvving" - - - - I say we all ride around with long poles under our arms and when we see someone else on 2 wheels - WE JOUST!!! WIIIIILLLLLLIIIIIIAAAAAMMMM!!!!!! See who gets knocked the 773H off . . . .
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #37
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Forget this whole stupid "waaavvving" - - - - I say we all ride around with long poles under our arms and when we see someone else on 2 wheels - WE JOUST!!! WIIIIILLLLLLIIIIIIAAAAAMMMM!!!!!! See who gets knocked the 773H off . . . .
We had fiddy beer can jousting at one of the dirtay partays. Good times. And quite hilarious, too.

And you can type . It doesn't hurt. And . See?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #38
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I always wave, with one finger.

And I own 2 scooters.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #39
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Yeah what^ he said!
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #40
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Do I wave to you? Do you wave back? Am I not allowed to acknowledge you as two wheeled brethren?

Just cruised the scooter down a main thoroughfare. I passed a Harley and didn't know what to do.

He didn't wave BTW. :(
I'm usually too busy laughing at scooter riders to wave...

Just kidding - I'll wave most times - but not always - then again, I don't wave all the time anyway.

Advertisement