Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #41
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Reading this thread made my knees hurt. I wish you the best and a full recovery
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike got jacked KTMRC8 Stolen Bike Reports 37 05-27-2014 07:45 PM
I got Jacked :( Shinobi Off Topic 8 11-15-2009 12:53 PM
Almost Jacked lil600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 05-26-2008 02:45 PM
Just got jacked!@#! knee_dragger General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-27-2006 11:44 PM
Got jacked... 50cc chick Off Topic 44 09-25-2006 01:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #42
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
So, I called and requested a temp handicrap placard from the doc...."sure. no problem"....then I called an hour later and asked for my xray images to be put onto a cd and a copy of the MRI report...the nurse then told me that the placard couldn't be issued if I was getting a second opinion. So, it's okay/justified if he's doing the surgery...but not if I'm going for a second opinion. As far as I'm concerned, a placard should have been protocol on my second visit when he found the "results". So frustrating.

I just started this whole debacle and I'm already getting ticked off with doctors and the health care system. please help me not to lose it with these folks.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #43
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
So, I called and requested a temp handicrap placard from the doc...."sure. no problem"....then I called an hour later and asked for my xray images to be put onto a cd and a copy of the MRI report...the nurse then told me that the placard couldn't be issued if I was getting a second opinion. So, it's okay/justified if he's doing the surgery...but not if I'm going for a second opinion. As far as I'm concerned, a placard should have been protocol on my second visit when he found the "results". So frustrating.

I just started this whole debacle and I'm already getting ticked off with doctors and the health care system. please help me not to lose it with these folks.
you doctor is obligated by law to give you exactly what you ask for, now he might what to charge you for that, but its his right. I always recommend a second opinion. I feel you man, I screwed up my knee up really bad about 5 weeks ago, and I'm barely starting to walk right
Old 07-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #44
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:

Ouch. I have heard horror stories of Moseley and his offices being merciless towards other offices and their PAs. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

As for Cannon being booked, sounds like you're going to see Dr. Chimenti. He is the one who likes to use hamstrings over patella tendons. I said Heiman in the other post but I meant Chimenti.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #45
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Heiman is who I am scheduled to see for the second opinion b/c he had time between now and the 2nd week of August....if his findings are different from Moseley's I'll be seeing Cannon at a later date (as you said, he's "THE doc for knees in Houston).

Here is the ONLY reason I am going for a second opinion...Dr. Moseley wants to wait 6-8 weeks for surgery (b/c I have that fractured tibula plateau or whtever)....that puts me into September for surgery. Then I'll have 3 months of "healing time" before PT. WHICH then puts me into 2012 calendar year with another 3k deductible to be paid out of my pocket. I'd like to have the surgery ASAP and get on with the PT....I don't have another 3 grand lying around for next yrs deductible...unless I have to.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #46
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Heiman is who I am scheduled to see for the second opinion b/c he had time between now and the 2nd week of August....if his findings are different from Moseley's I'll be seeing Cannon at a later date (as you said, he's "THE doc for knees in Houston).

Here is the ONLY reason I am going for a second opinion...Dr. Moseley wants to wait 6-8 weeks for surgery (b/c I have that fractured tibula plateau or whtever)....that puts me into September for surgery. Then I'll have 3 months of "healing time" before PT. WHICH then puts me into 2012 calendar year with another 3k deductible to be paid out of my pocket. I'd like to have the surgery ASAP and get on with the PT....I don't have another 3 grand lying around for next yrs deductible...unless I have to.
Ah. I was just told that Heiman also prefers the hamstring graft.

As for your deductible... you're either way. You'll be going in for physical therapy for at least a year if you want it done right. 6-8 weeks to allow your tibula heal first sounds about right. 4-6 weeks minimum. I wouldn't be expecting to receive a different diagnosis. Once the ACL's done... you know its done for.

Staying true to your physical therapy assignments is the solution to healing. Even when you think you're feeling better, you keep at the PT.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #47
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Ah. I was just told that Heiman also prefers the hamstring graft.

As for your deductible... you're either way. You'll be going in for physical therapy for at least a year if you want it done right. 6-8 weeks to allow your tibula heal first sounds about right. 4-6 weeks minimum. I wouldn't be expecting to receive a different diagnosis. Once the ACL's done... you know its done for.

Staying true to your physical therapy assignments is the solution to healing. Even when you think you're feeling better, you keep at the PT.
I know this may sound foolish, but after the initial "stand on a sphere and toss me a weighted ball back in forth is over"...I typically skip out on PT. Once I'm on my feet I know to get my to the gym and slowly build my muscles back up. I did this with my ankle as well. 3 months of seeing the PT and then I went out on my own...and I ended up ok.

Heck, I'm already doing some stretching with the knee (can now flex it to a 90 degree angle) and about 30 minutes of using a "rubberband" to do "calf excercises" each night to minimize the atrophy in my muscles.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #48
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
Reading this thread made my knees hurt. I wish you the best and a full recovery
thanks...gonna be one heck of a ride.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #49
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Week 4 Follow Up

Well, I got to ditch the crutches today (although I've been without them for a week or so already) as well as my knee brace.

Surgery scheduled for Sept. 9!!! Can't wait!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #50
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Well, I got to ditch the crutches today (although I've been without them for a week or so already) as well as my knee brace.

Surgery scheduled for Sept. 9!!! Can't wait!
Who will be doing the surgery?
Old 08-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #51
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Who will be doing the surgery?
Moseley and company....going with the cadaver option.

Heiman had the same diagnosis and one trip to the Woodlands was enough for me....especially since Moseley's office is right around the corner from home.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #52
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Moseley and company....going with the cadaver option.

Heiman had the same diagnosis and one trip to the Woodlands was enough for me....especially since Moseley's office is right around the corner from home.
Yeah. You weren't going to get a different diagnosis no matter where you were going. You'll be in good hands with Moseley.

Keep us posted with how it all goes! Good luck!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #53
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I can prolly fix that for you and save a bunch of money in the process
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #54
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
I can prolly fix that for you and save a bunch of money in the process
It's only 2 holes being drilled, trimming some miniscus and threading a new tendon through the holes and setting 2 screws. Certainly isn't rocket science.

I will be seeing you soon enough though.... Got to find time to get my car over to ya for that SES that won't go away.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #55
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

UNDER the knife!

Tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #56
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I told U I could save U a bunch of $$, what time U coming by? lol, good luck buddy
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #57
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow, hope all goes as planned and Ill keep you in my prayers bro.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #58
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Post Surgery update

Everything went well. Checked into the hospital 0730 Friday morning and was having my leg shaved and nerve block injected by 9:30 am or so....The anasthesiologist (SP?) gave me the first block and my calf and foot went "numb", but I still had slight feeling in the knee. Got a second block and that was all she wrote. I don't remember going into the ER, notta (I was told surgery lasted about 3.5 hours)....woke up at 4:30 pm and couldn't feel a thing. Leg felt really heavy since it was "dead" weight, but that's all. I had a "drip nerve block" via catheder that I was using through yesterday morning. That medication has been all used up and resorting to the hydrocodones every 4 hours now. All in all I feel pretty good sitting in this recliner. Using the restroom is quite a pain in the , but I knew it would be.

I go in Thursday for my follow up so we'll see what the doc says then.

Thanks for all the texts and what not.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #59
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Heal up quick!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #60
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Thanks Peter!

Also purchased Cyro/Cuff cooler and pad for the compression/ice therapy. Funny how I have a $3k deductible and I still had to pay $150 for this igloo looking cooler. lol

Advertisement