MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #21
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus
 
Mr.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,759

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR






Trailer frames are super simple and welding them can usually be done on the side of the road. Just be sure who ever does the work takes simple care to not to weld too long in one area and melt the plastic or fiberglass of the enclosure.

Good luck with the knee.
__________________
Faster and Faster, Slowly! BRAWP it like its hot, BRAWP it like its hot.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike got jacked KTMRC8 Stolen Bike Reports 37 05-27-2014 07:45 PM
I got Jacked :( Shinobi Off Topic 8 11-15-2009 12:53 PM
Almost Jacked lil600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 05-26-2008 02:45 PM
Just got jacked!@#! knee_dragger General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-27-2006 11:44 PM
Got jacked... 50cc chick Off Topic 44 09-25-2006 01:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #22
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Hey Danny I can prolly hel U out with the trailer repair, I feel urdy sure it can be fixed
Thanks Tim. I didn't let it get the best of me although Amanda was ready to leave it on the side of the road. I too think it should be a simple fix...I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Trailer frames are super simple and welding them can usually be done on the side of the road. Just be sure who ever does the work takes simple care to not to weld too long in one area and melt the plastic or fiberglass of the enclosure.

Good luck with the knee.
Thanks Peter, I haven't had anyone look at it yet (the trailer that is) as it's on the bottom of my priority list right now.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #23
hotnanas
i rock knobbies
 
hotnanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,881

Experience: 10+ years











I'll bring my welder over when you are ready to crawl under there and learn to weld! I certainly am not skilled enough.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #24
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
1st Doctor Visit

Well, I had an aspiration today with Dr. Bruce Moseley (I was referred to this ortho surgeon by a few people). He and his assistant drained approx. 85cc's of fluid from the knee to get a better diagnosis from the intitial visit. His findings today include a possible fractured bone in the knee cap and a torn/stretched ACL. The good news is that he thinks the MCL and PCL are A-Okay.

Then I got into it with the financial lady at the hospital....nothing she did, but my HSA acct. is limited to 2,000/per day. Well, needless to say I spent more than that today for a 1 hour visit and a 30 minute trip into this dark hole. MRI results will be discussed at my follow up visit on Wednesday to determine if surgery is going to be needed.

Doctor Moseley also said to be prepared for 6 months out of the saddle.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #25
hotnanas
i rock knobbies
 
hotnanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,881

Experience: 10+ years











dang bro! sorry to hear that.

Is it feeling any better?
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #26
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
dang bro! sorry to hear that.

Is it feeling any better?
right now it is, but it's because they injected lydacane (sp?) into the knee. need to go get the scripts filled. 2 different pain relievers (Hydrocodones and something a little more mild for during the day) and celebrex for the swelling.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #27
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father
 
C.Hern5972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pearland Tx
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 14,729

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Thanks man...I wasn't even trying to keep up...just grabbed too much throttle and whoop there she goes. Kinda embarrassing actually.



This won't be the end...just gonna side line me for a bit.
That is great news. I was practicing at 3 Palms in 05 for the Dealers Challenge when I cased the finish line table top. Fractured back, 2 broke ribs, broke ankle, broke hand, 2 fingers broke, tore ligaments in right hand, crushed my L5.... After that i was in the hospital for 3 months. Could go to the gym, ride my bike for excercise, nothing. So man it sucks because i had been racing for almost 17 yrs at that point. I loves Outdoor motocross, loved totravel and hit all the diferent races and tracks....
__________________
chern

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #28
grsa
Senior Member
 
grsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Houston-Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,433

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie







Quote:
Originally Posted by cedestech View Post
Told ya them dirt bikes were dangerous...

what makes you think that? This maybe?
Get healed up soon Danny.

Last edited by grsa; 07-18-2011 at 09:20 PM.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #29
coolhaven
Senior Member
 
coolhaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: livingston,tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 377

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
goldwing
1500 intruder
gsxr
gs850






OH ......Or something like that was going through his mind....I still give a 9 for his landing though.....
coolhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #30
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Follow up Dr. Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_bacon View Post
Chitty deal! Lots of ice...

Trailer just kinda added insult to the injury eh?


Keep us posted on the knee if you go see the doc.
you ready? It's not good..... (forgive my spelling)


fractured tibia plateau that will require 6 weeks of crutches (no weight on the left leg) which will be followed by 2 weeks of physical therapy to regain muscle strength in my quads and calf before surgery.

torn miniscus all around the knee that will heal over time.

and a completely torn ACL which will require surgery ( I have 3 choices, a cadaver (donated ligiment/tendon), use a graph from my hamstring, or a graph from my knee which will fuse bones and tendon together. Got to do my research on which route I'll take. Several factors between the 3, costs of the surgery, post op pain, and how much physical therapy will be required to rehab back to 100%.

Mr. Bruce Moseley said to expect 8-9 months out of the saddle and no softball. I'm gonna go insane....but I guess I'll get plenty of practice on the guitar.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #31
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,385

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD



Member Garage





dang sorry to hear that. which option is cheaper? the cadaver thing would kinda weird me out i think. Having a dead persons ligament inside me *chills*
__________________
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #32
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Dam Danny that sux bro, I am so sorry about that, tell Amanda while U are forced to stay out of the saddle, that I am good to go lol jk bro, If I can do anything lmk
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #33
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





i really hate to hear that Danny, i joined the serious to ride motorcycles, but mostly joined to ride with my friends.

i hope that you heal faster than expected and let me know if there is anything i can do to help you out.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #34
NitroHonda
Deaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pflugerville in the ATX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered






Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Well, I had an aspiration today with Dr. Bruce Moseley (I was referred to this ortho surgeon by a few people). He and his assistant drained approx. 85cc's of fluid from the knee to get a better diagnosis from the intitial visit. His findings today include a possible fractured bone in the knee cap and a torn/stretched ACL. The good news is that he thinks the MCL and PCL are A-Okay.

Then I got into it with the financial lady at the hospital....nothing she did, but my HSA acct. is limited to 2,000/per day. Well, needless to say I spent more than that today for a 1 hour visit and a 30 minute trip into this dark hole. MRI results will be discussed at my follow up visit on Wednesday to determine if surgery is going to be needed.

Doctor Moseley also said to be prepared for 6 months out of the saddle.
FYI, Dr. Mosely is PRIMARILY a shoulder specialist. He's extremely extremely conservative when it comes to the knees. He is THE man to go to for shoulders. Just not knees. I would strongly consider getting a second opinion for that.

You can shoot me a PM if you need more information regarding orthopedic surgeons and Dr. Mosely.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #35
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
forget a PM, tell me what you have to say please.

I don't go to the orthopedic surgeons office everyday. In fact, this is only my second time in life needing one. I felt like he did an awesome job of explaining my injury and what my options are....but, we are talking about my knee that I'm gonna need here for the rest of my life (I hope). , I've already met my $3k dollar deductible with one doc visit and a trip to MRI machine. I would think my xrays and MRI info belong to me now and I could have them sent along to someone else for a second opinion if I wanted. Do insurance providers cover second opinions for the same injury?

According to his diagnosis, I have 6 weeks of crutches (and then I have to be able to walk without a limp and be able to flex my knee to the same degree my healthy knee bends) before I can schedule surgery (which he said would likely be 2 weeks after the crutches). I guess what I'm saying is I have time to make an informed decision. Most of what I found on him online was good...and he did come recommended to me.

Please share what you have to say....other than he's "extremely conservative when it comes to knees". I assume you mean he uses "the answer is surgery to get you fixed quick and make my $$$ type". Feel free to explain.

And I seriously appreciate your feedback.

Danny
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #36
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetkillr View Post
dang sorry to hear that. which option is cheaper? the cadaver thing would kinda weird me out i think. Having a dead persons ligament inside me *chills*
I think the cadaver option is most expensive since you're paying for someone elses tendon...and it's more than likely to be the first to fail you. He said, often times people get a false sense of being cured b/c it's the fastest way to get you back on your feet, but not necessarily for getting back into sports with lots of knee motion.

The patellar tendon option offers the best results since it uses a "bone to bone" healing approach...but it often comes with post surgery pain, that may last for years.

The Hamstring method option requires the least amount of disturbance to get fixed up and comes with the least amount of post op pain (other than the cadaver option).

I think the latter of the two are the cheapest....but I also think I'm 100% covered now that my deductible is paid although I'll be confirming that with insurance before scheduling anything.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Dam Danny that sux bro, I am so sorry about that, tell Amanda while U are forced to stay out of the saddle, that I am good to go lol jk bro, If I can do anything lmk
I can still lie down on my back playa. But for real....I just realized is gonna be boring in the next few months...I'll think of something creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
i really hate to hear that Danny, i joined the serious to ride motorcycles, but mostly joined to ride with my friends.

i hope that you heal faster than expected and let me know if there is anything i can do to help you out.
Tell me about it. I was really excited to see you and Tim make it out. I was pumped to get to ride with ya'll too. Please don't let my injury keep you from attending at least some of the events.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #37
NitroHonda
Deaf
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pflugerville in the ATX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,052


Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered






Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
forget a PM, tell me what you have to say please.

I don't go to the orthopedic surgeons office everyday. In fact, this is only my second time in life needing one. I felt like he did an awesome job of explaining my injury and what my options are....but, we are talking about my knee that I'm gonna need here for the rest of my life (I hope). , I've already met my $3k dollar deductible with one doc visit and a trip to MRI machine. I would think my xrays and MRI info belong to me now and I could have them sent along to someone else for a second opinion if I wanted. Do insurance providers cover second opinions for the same injury?

According to his diagnosis, I have 6 weeks of crutches (and then I have to be able to walk without a limp and be able to flex my knee to the same degree my healthy knee bends) before I can schedule surgery (which he said would likely be 2 weeks after the crutches). I guess what I'm saying is I have time to make an informed decision. Most of what I found on him online was good...and he did come recommended to me.

Please share what you have to say....other than he's "extremely conservative when it comes to knees". I assume you mean he uses "the answer is surgery to get you fixed quick and make my $$$ type". Feel free to explain.

And I seriously appreciate your feedback.

Danny
Sure, I'd be happy to. I just take that medical issues are generally personal so I suggested the PM method but here is fine.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying Dr. Moseley is a bad doctor! Not at all! He's an amazing doctor. And it's not about churning out extra dollars either. Believe me, he does not need the money...

It goes like this... his passion is shoulders. He is the best in the state when it comes to shoulders. When I say conservative with knees... by that I mean he has been known to shovel the knee jobs onto other doctors. He works on shoulders ALL DAY LONG. When it comes to knees, he shrugs them off somewhat. He will choose a shoulder surgery and pass on a knee surgery if they were both in his office at the same time. It is just his passion. You can definitely ask him that.

If it was my knee, I would take it to an orthopedic surgeon who loves working on knees. Dr. Carl Cannon is my recommendation here. In the Houston area, he's the knee guy. Dr. Moseley is the shoulder guy and Dr. Melhoff is the hand guy and so on and on... I would want the guy who works on knees all day long to work on mine but that's just me. Dr. Moseley WILL do you right if you stick with him. It is only the rest of your life so don't be too rash to make a decision. Research research research but DO NOT be fooled by their credidentials either. Dr. Gregory Harvey operated on my shoulder 10 times and each and every one of them was a failure. He was the Astros team doctor and the US ski team doctor. him. My surgeries paid for his yacht. Piece of money grubbing . Dr. Moseley is my current shoulder doctor although he has not operated on it yet. I keep dragging my feet. I've been in the operating room one time too many so I'm a little scared at this point.

As for your three options, definitely take the patellar tendon option but let me list them in the order that I would take them... Firstly, you must understand that your knee will NEVER be 100% again. It might be close but NEVER 100%. It is far more painful POST OP (meaning a couple of weeks not years) to go the patellar tendon route but it is your strongest bet at regaining full use of your knee.

1) Patellar tendon 95% regain
2) Hamstring 90% regain
3) Cadaver 80% regain

I am not so sure why Dr Moseley brought up the cadaver option because it is generally a last resort option. It is used for when one blows their ACL a second or third time when you have exhaused the patellar tendon/hamstring methods. You only have one patellar tendon in your knee so it's a one time opportunity.

Some doctors prefer to use the patellar tendon and some prefer to use hamstrings. I do know that Dr. Cannon goes with the patellar and Dr Heimann prefers taking the hamstring and they BOTH work the same office. It's really preference here but I will take that 5% for the rest of my life EVERYTIME.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #38
CDN_bacon
Eh?
 
CDN_bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 519

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
VFR800
CRF 250X








Danny,

Another surgeon you might want to look at is a guy by the name of Dr. Lintner. He is a knee/shoulder specialist but his primary deal is knee's. I had my knee scoped by him a couple years ago and ended up not needing surgery however my friend had issues and he fixed him up good. He's in the med center,

http://www.drlintner.com/

...he is the primary physician used for the Texans and Astros's for this type of injury. Can't hurt to check him out ( or research)
__________________
"Life is tough .... It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story" - Barney Stinson
CDN_bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #39
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
danny i just had this surgery in april. i used my patella tendon. the healing process is a little longer but supposedly better in the end. I've delt with infections and other issues. but i also had my acl replaced and medial maniscus removed because it was unrepairable.

I didn't have much of a choice for doctors do to workers comp. BUT currently i'm three months after surgery and still dealing with some pain. Knee pops a lot and no feeling on the left side of my leg due to them cutting the nerves during surgery. My doc didn't really explain chit to me when it came down to it. he does surgery two times a weed. wednesday and friday. he does on average 8 a day he said. so that tells me he cranks them out pretty quick and i haven't heard great results from him either. But prepare to be out a while and have someone around for the first week it's rugged getting around. and eat as healthy as possible you will put on the pounds :(

good luck my friend if i can help let me know with questions.
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #40
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Sure, I'd be happy to. I just take that medical issues are generally personal so I suggested the PM method but here is fine.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying Dr. Moseley is a bad doctor! Not at all! He's an amazing doctor. And it's not about churning out extra dollars either. Believe me, he does not need the money...

It goes like this... his passion is shoulders. He is the best in the state when it comes to shoulders. When I say conservative with knees... by that I mean he has been known to shovel the knee jobs onto other doctors. He works on shoulders ALL DAY LONG. When it comes to knees, he shrugs them off somewhat. He will choose a shoulder surgery and pass on a knee surgery if they were both in his office at the same time. It is just his passion. You can definitely ask him that.

If it was my knee, I would take it to an orthopedic surgeon who loves working on knees. Dr. Carl Cannon is my recommendation here. In the Houston area, he's the knee guy. Dr. Moseley is the shoulder guy and Dr. Melhoff is the hand guy and so on and on... I would want the guy who works on knees all day long to work on mine but that's just me. Dr. Moseley WILL do you right if you stick with him. It is only the rest of your life so don't be too rash to make a decision. Research research research but DO NOT be fooled by their credidentials either. Dr. Gregory Harvey operated on my shoulder 10 times and each and every one of them was a failure. He was the Astros team doctor and the US ski team doctor. him. My surgeries paid for his yacht. Piece of money grubbing . Dr. Moseley is my current shoulder doctor although he has not operated on it yet. I keep dragging my feet. I've been in the operating room one time too many so I'm a little scared at this point.

As for your three options, definitely take the patellar tendon option but let me list them in the order that I would take them... Firstly, you must understand that your knee will NEVER be 100% again. It might be close but NEVER 100%. It is far more painful POST OP (meaning a couple of weeks not years) to go the patellar tendon route but it is your strongest bet at regaining full use of your knee.

1) Patellar tendon 95% regain
2) Hamstring 90% regain
3) Cadaver 80% regain

I am not so sure why Dr Moseley brought up the cadaver option because it is generally a last resort option. It is used for when one blows their ACL a second or third time when you have exhaused the patellar tendon/hamstring methods. You only have one patellar tendon in your knee so it's a one time opportunity.

Some doctors prefer to use the patellar tendon and some prefer to use hamstrings. I do know that Dr. Cannon goes with the patellar and Dr Heimann prefers taking the hamstring and they BOTH work the same office. It's really preference here but I will take that 5% for the rest of my life EVERYTIME.
Thanks Nitro....I wasn't able to schedule an appt. with Dr. Cannon (his schedule is full for next 2 weeks), but I am seeing another doc in his office for a second opinion on Wednesday. The nurse assured me that if there is differing opinions with the follow up that I can still use Cannon for the surgery if I so desire. I think I have also decided to go with the Patellar Tendon option when the time comes.

Now, how do I go about requesting my Xrays and MRI report from Dr. Moseley without stepping on his toes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_bacon View Post
Danny,

Another surgeon you might want to look at is a guy by the name of Dr. Lintner. He is a knee/shoulder specialist but his primary deal is knee's. I had my knee scoped by him a couple years ago and ended up not needing surgery however my friend had issues and he fixed him up good. He's in the med center,

http://www.drlintner.com/

...he is the primary physician used for the Texans and Astros's for this type of injury. Can't hurt to check him out ( or research)
I will keep this in mind....thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
danny i just had this surgery in april. i used my patella tendon. the healing process is a little longer but supposedly better in the end. I've delt with infections and other issues. but i also had my acl replaced and medial maniscus removed because it was unrepairable.

I didn't have much of a choice for doctors do to workers comp. BUT currently i'm three months after surgery and still dealing with some pain. Knee pops a lot and no feeling on the left side of my leg due to them cutting the nerves during surgery. My doc didn't really explain chit to me when it came down to it. he does surgery two times a weed. wednesday and friday. he does on average 8 a day he said. so that tells me he cranks them out pretty quick and i haven't heard great results from him either. But prepare to be out a while and have someone around for the first week it's rugged getting around. and eat as healthy as possible you will put on the pounds :(

good luck my friend if i can help let me know with questions.
good luck with the recovery my friend. I know it sucks. one week on crutches and I'm already ready for this to be over.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy