MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #21
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I had to draw my pistol in my front yard in February and it about scared the out of me. Some dude came up in my yard yelling at me about how he was going to "kill us all." We told him we didn't want any problems, so he left. Five minutes later he came sneaking back from behind the cars in the street and had put on all black clothes and latex surgeons gloves, and was ranting that he was going to kill us. He left when he saw the .45, but I was shaking so bad afterward that I felt like I'd had the gun drawn on me.

The police didn't catch him but said that they'd been called about him making threats several times.
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concealed handgun license students needed!!! goose Events, Meets and Rides 41 06-04-2010 10:11 PM
CHL Class update #2 (Concealed Handgun License) mad Off Topic 10 10-05-2005 11:28 AM
CHL (Concealed Handgun License) Class updates mad Off Topic 7 10-02-2005 07:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2006, 06:52 PM   #22
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

somebody iz cheatin on you...lol
Old 10-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #23
2XTURBO
that's a space peanut

Experience: 7 years

should have shot in his general direction
2XTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:15 PM   #24
Max
rm -rf /

Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks

Send a message via AIM to Max
bah, just shoot and run! who says you have to stick around and wait for the police!? just do the good ol'border shuffle :laughing6
Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #25
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2XTURBO
should have shot in his general direction
Bulets have no name on them. that would not be wise
Old 10-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #26
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Man, this dude was crazy. I was sitting on my front stoop at the time with two of my friends from back home. We were minding our business when this dude came up talking sh*t. Both of my friends were ready to stomp this guy, but I reminded them that this was Houston and crazy people talk sh*t in my neighborhood all the time, if you fought them all, you'd be fighting everyday. So after the guy finally took off I put my pistol right inside the door just in case he came back-which he did. Man, when I picked up that gun I was shaking. I've been shooting a long time and always believed that if I had to I'd be ready to use a gun in self-defense, and I was ready. Maybe that's why I got so nervous, for the first time I understood what it felt like to be in that situation.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:32 PM   #27
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

he had to have been on drugs to try and take on three dudes who were all bigger than he was --for no reason.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #28
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

I must say, some of you(names withheld) take stuff too seriously. You exist in this little forum world where the longer you've been online makes you superior in some odd way. Realize that someone is joking and joke back or just keep your mouth shut. It just doesnt make since to me. I am taking that CHL class with Cashtown, and while I will readily admit I am not nearly as skilled a rider as many of you on this forum, I can almost promise that I am a better shot. I was the top ranked Junior Shooter in Texas, competed for the Great State of Texas at the National Service Rifle Competition for 3 years while in High School. I attended 2 years worth of small arms profeciency training with the US Army Marksmanship Team. I had one on one training with the United States Marine Corps' Top Scout/Sniper, and that years Overall Champion at the National Matches. I am deadly with open iron sights on a .308 at over 1,000 yards(I use deadly beccause I can hit a chest sized target at that distance). I am a NRA, CMP and TSRA member and proud of what I do, and have done. I am a responsible and well trained and know how and when to use my firearm. I am taking the class to go through the legal hurdles and be able to carry a pistol (i respect the CHL law too much to just carry, irrespective of the possible consequences).

So, $7,000 a round fired? small price to pay, because if my pistol is pulled on someone it is because they are threatening my life and I am going to kill them before they kill me.
I dont belive that a few thousand in lawyers fees is too much to pay for being alive, but obviously we can see that someone values $$$ over life AND THATS NO WAY TO LIVE!

Keep it shiny side up, rubber side down and always remember:

FRONT SIGHT-CENTER MASS.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:51 PM   #29
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown
Man, ya'll really take everything seriously here, huh?
I'm obviously not really going to go out and "blast on some fools." I've been shooting (responsibly, I might add) since I was six-years-old. Hunting since I was eleven. grew up in the sticks and had a shooting range in the back yard that my family shot on. I've been on a rifle team, my brother shot for the Texas team at the national service rifle match at camp perry in ohio. I'm pretty proficient with rifles, shotguns (bird and sporting clays) pistols and black powder handguns. I'm an NRA member and a Texas State Rifle association member. I live in a pretty sorry neighborhood, but have a nicely stocked gun safe in my closet. I've never been involved in any kind of violent crime.
I ride squidly but I shoot legitimately.
Another statement to add to your profile. Being a great shot is not always the best thing when defending yourself against a murder charge. Have Fun!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #30
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
I must say, some of you(names withheld) take stuff too seriously. You exist in this little forum world where the longer you've been online makes you superior in some odd way. Realize that someone is joking and joke back or just keep your mouth shut. It just doesnt make since to me. I am taking that CHL class with Cashtown, and while I will readily admit I am not nearly as skilled a rider as many of you on this forum, I can almost promise that I am a better shot. I was the top ranked Junior Shooter in Texas, competed for the Great State of Texas at the National Service Rifle Competition for 3 years while in High School. I attended 2 years worth of small arms profeciency training with the US Army Marksmanship Team. I had one on one training with the United States Marine Corps' Top Scout/Sniper, and that years Overall Champion at the National Matches. I am deadly with open iron sights on a .308 at over 1,000 yards(I use deadly beccause I can hit a chest sized target at that distance). I am a NRA, CMP and TSRA member and proud of what I do, and have done. I am a responsible and well trained and know how and when to use my firearm. I am taking the class to go through the legal hurdles and be able to carry a pistol (i respect the CHL law too much to just carry, irrespective of the possible consequences).

So, $7,000 a round fired? small price to pay, because if my pistol is pulled on someone it is because they are threatening my life and I am going to kill them before they kill me.
I dont belive that a few thousand in lawyers fees is too much to pay for being alive, but obviously we can see that someone values $$$ over life AND THATS NO WAY TO LIVE!

Keep it shiny side up, rubber side down and always remember:

FRONT SIGHT-CENTER MASS.
Somethings, such as talk about CHL is worth taking seriously. Your life is on the line after you pull the trigger as well.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:53 PM   #31
mad
Banned

Bike(s):
Suzuki M50

User is banned

mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #32
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

What are you bowing to? When you take the class you will probably realize the mistakes you are making in blasting all your great shooting abilities all over the internet.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:59 PM   #33
therky42

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller1k
$7k per shot is cheap. Burials and funerals cost more. I am glad I am a good shot. It will keep my attorney's fees low.
one shot one kill
Old 10-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #34
therky42

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

i got my CHL a while back, carry with me even when i ride the bike. Just pay attention in class b/c when you have that CHL on you weather the "wepaon" is on you or not alot of laws change for you. like the legal alcohol level is less than .08
Old 10-19-2006, 03:02 PM   #35
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by therky42
one shot one kill
Honestly, are you dumb? Never mention the word kill. The act of killing someone is known as murder and is illegal. Unless of course if you are in the military and then you are paid to kill little brown people when you have been asked to.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #36
therky42

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Honestly, are you dumb? Never mention the word kill. The act of killing someone is known as murder and is illegal. Unless of course if you are in the military and then you are paid to kill little brown people when you have been asked to.
are you dumb, read the post after the one you quoted, oh and notice my sig. "TO KILL", is very much a huge part of my life still. But I understand the "use of force".
Old 10-19-2006, 03:06 PM   #37
therky42

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Quote:
And im glad you have such a great of what the word..."KILL" means...
Old 10-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #38
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Little brown people??????? Mexicans, i better run. just messing with you.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #39
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
The context of your statement in a discussion about concealed handguns was dumb. To be short, I could use alot of other fancy words but, if you are a licensed conceald handgun owner you should know this. Hopefully you are not taking it to personal but, in my opinion I would suggest not using that statement anymore when discussing the act of defending yourself.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #40
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Although this sentence makes absolutely no sense I would think you have a great understanding of it as well being a Marine and CHL owner. :dontknow: